Well, CIG got me for more $$....

NameChangeToken

Captain
Apr 18, 2019
RSI Handle
Captain_Wildstar
This looming evaporation of $0 CCU's finally got me to spend more damn money. Had to buy back a concept Vanguard Warden to use my $0 Redeemer CCU, just in case the Redeemer ends up being badass and goes up in price. If it doesn't, I'll just melt it and rebuy the Vanguard and the BUK's in my buy backs.

Anyone else having to buy ships today to use $0 CCU's in their hangars?

BTW, thanks again for the Warden Captain Richard...yes I'm the guy that trolled everyone (told them I hoped they all lost 🤣 ) and then won it myself 4 years ago, but it got temporarily melted to cover the cost of a Polaris.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I purged myself of all my 0 dollar CCUs a few months back, so the pain of this moment hasn't hit me. Thank God, lol.

Still, looking forward to that Redeemer. I'm holding into one of those CCUs just in case. Paid CCU that is, lol.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
I purged myself of all my 0 dollar CCUs a few months back, so the pain of this moment hasn't hit me. Thank God, lol.

Still, looking forward to that Redeemer. I'm holding into one of those CCUs just in case. Paid CCU that is, lol.
I think this CCU stuff is strange.
So if I understand it, @Blind Owl, you have a store credit. you just call it a CCU.

And @NameChangeToken, you have made a promise to pay but you have your money in your pocket but no ship. That's the weirdest one. It's like going to Ford, and promising to pay for a F150. and they actually hold one for you, for years. But you can decide Naw, forget it at any time. If that's even remotely true, which nutbar at CIG came up with that in the first place?

Edit: Last sentence I wrote, I ended up deleting a minute later... It was kind of like "why would you care?", then it dawned on me what makes these valuable is otherwise called "inflation"

Reactions: Blind Owl

NameChangeToken

Captain
Apr 18, 2019
RSI Handle
Captain_Wildstar
So if I understand it, @Blind Owl, you have a store credit. you just call it a CCU.

And @NameChangeToken, you have made a promise to pay but you have your money in your pocket but no ship. That's the weirdest one. It's like going to Ford, and promising to pay for a F150. and they actually hold one for you, for years. But you can decide Naw, forget it at any time. If that's even remotely true, which nutbar at CIG came up with that in the first place?

Edit: Last sentence I wrote, I ended up deleting a minute later... It was kind of like "why would you care?", then it dawned on me what makes these valuable is otherwise called "inflation"
Yeah, my fleet's "current value" is actually nearly 40% more that what I have pledged + the Vanguard I won. Certain ships are better values than others in terms of anticipated UEC per $.

Reactions: Blind Owl

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
I did absolutely nothing in preparation for the abolishing of the $0 CCUs.
I didn't follow SC closely the last few months, but I trust that my past self left the fleet in a good place.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Naw, store credit is when you've bought a ship, then melted it. You no longer have the ship, but you retain the original buy value on your account in the form of store credit, which you can then use to purchase a new ship or upgrade.
A CCU is a "Cross-chassis upgrade". So say you have a 325a, but you want a Cutlass. You can purchase a direct upgrade for the 30 dollars, called a CCU. That CCU is an actual (digital) item that sits in your hangar until you apply it.
There was a time you could get 0 dollar CCUs. IE Redeemer to Vanguard Warden. People (or certain Owls) stockpiled these things, especially during sales, originally to have options for later. But when ships started increasing in price, suddenly a CCU you got for 0 dollars (Redeemer to BMM) was suddenly worth 100 dollars. You couldn't sell or trade it, but you could get 100 dollars off the price of increasing to that BMM, and thereby any subsequent ships you upgraded to.
There are more than a few people in TEST that I helped get into Carracks/Reclaimers/600i's etc for well under the "market value", because I had so many of these CCUs.

NameChangeToken

Captain
Apr 18, 2019
RSI Handle
Captain_Wildstar
Naw, store credit is when you've bought a ship, then melted it. You no longer have the ship, but you retain the original buy value on your account in the form of store credit, which you can then use to purchase a new ship or upgrade.
A CCU is a "Cross-chassis upgrade". So say you have a 325a, but you want a Cutlass. You can purchase a direct upgrade for the 30 dollars, called a CCU. That CCU is an actual (digital) item that sits in your hangar until you apply it.
There was a time you could get 0 dollar CCUs. IE Redeemer to Vanguard Warden. People (or certain Owls) stockpiled these things, especially during sales, originally to have options for later. But when ships started increasing in price, suddenly a CCU you got for 0 dollars (Redeemer to BMM) was suddenly worth 100 dollars. You couldn't sell or trade it, but you could get 100 dollars off the price of increasing to that BMM, and thereby any subsequent ships you upgraded to.
There are more than a few people in TEST that I helped get into Carracks/Reclaimers/600i's etc for well under the "market value", because I had so many of these CCUs.
I put an Orion in my CCU path to my Polaris for this very reason. I fully expect the Orion going up in value again, and anticipate getting into my LTI Polaris for $550 or less.
If I execute my CCU path by applying all upgrades today, I'd have my LTI Polaris for $600...so just a touch under its original Warbond price.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I put an Orion in my CCU path to my Polaris for this very reason. I fully expect the Orion going up in value again, and anticipate getting into my LTI Polaris for $550 or less.
If I execute my CCU path by applying all upgrades today, I'd have my LTI Polaris for $600...so just a touch under its original Warbond price.
Yeah man, before I had to sell my account and restart, I had many ships upgraded in a very similar fashion: cheaply, lol. Was quite proud of it to tell ya the truth.
Now I'm just a pleb with a few full priced ships, haha.

Reactions: Bambooza
Forgot your password?