Well this is close to home.

CrudeSasquatch

Space Marshal
Jan 1, 2016
RSI Handle
CrudeSasquatch
Good luck man.. I feel bad for the animals many of the residence had to leave behind, apparently there have been a ton of horses, sheep, llamas, etc that people didn't have the means to transport that have died in the fire. Stay safe out there.
Be sure to loot all the unclaimed resources. Press A near any llamas and theres a 1% chance of an Epic Fur. That's what Lara Croft taught me

CrudeSasquatch

Space Marshal
Jan 1, 2016
RSI Handle
CrudeSasquatch
Good luck man, I am on the east coast but have been out there many a winter for work, and have a lot of frends and family that live in Fort Mac.

Most of them had to go north, but were flown out yesterday.

Its quiet a tragedy that's for sure
Glad they're safe.

For anyone wanting to know more about Fort Mac, the city on fire, watch
FUBAR 2. Great movie. (Very exaggerated)

AccidentProne8

Space Marshal
Apr 12, 2015
RSI Handle
accidentproneeight
Dunno if y'all are tracking, but this is happening as we speak. I'm on exercise right now, about to go home in the AM for some well deserved leave.

I just wanted you to be aware of a human tragedy that is happening on our doorstep, close to my home, and is affecting people I know.
It was on the CBS Evening News tonight. A lot of eyes, for sure.

On a lighter note, I like Canada, a lot - especially Toronto and Tremblant. Always sad to hear of trouble for our neighbors.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
So we have officially been told to go home, spend time with our families, and take our post-exercise leave...but keep our phones on.

As it stands, the federal government has commited the CF to assist with the tragedy. We're just waiting to find out in whst capacity that will be.

Thanks for the support. Y'all are the most amazing group of people, personalities, and characters a person could ask for.

A tip of the hat to each and every one of you.

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
At least you got a little time to see your family and rest before you get sent back out. Stay safe, and we'll keep some beer cold for you (assuming @CrudeSasquatch doesn't find it first).

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
At least you got a little time to see your family and rest before you get sent back out. Stay safe, and we'll keep some beer cold for you (assuming @CrudeSasquatch doesn't find it first).
Yeah man. I spent the entire day playing with my baby, hanging with my wifey, and chilling with my broguy. Going to go about life as usual for the time being.

God willing, they won't need us.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
@Blind_Owl OMG, I just watched an update about the fire on BBC.... That is truly a tragedy.

Wish I could load up my Starfarer with water and help.
Yeah Cosmic, it's freaking scary. The entire city, 80000+ residents evacuated. Whole neighbourhoods gone. A majority of those people are here in Edmonton now. There are evacuation centers set up. The people of the province are really pulling together to help the displaced.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Reactions: Blind Owl
Forgot your password?