What Anthem made me do....

sum1

Space Marshal
Jun 26, 2015
RSI Handle
sum1
what Anthem accompished.PNG

To be clear I liked the Idea of Anthem, but Origin is just SO BAD! after two weekends of (trying to) play the beta's I have removed this virus from my computer. I am so sick of EA. I am done with them I wish all the best for Anthem, but I am not putting up with EA anymore. If Anthem is ever sold on Steam or something I would be totally down to give it another shot. but "Intel" then later, I am glad this cancer is out of my life.

DarthMunkee

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 28, 2016
RSI Handle
DarthMunkee
I have to keep it around for Titanfall. Those are just such good games that I can put up with Origin for them. I stopped playing for a while actually because every time I would try to play my cursor would just be stuck in the middle of the screen and I couldn't actually look around in the game. Come to find out it is due to the Origin Overlay, so now I can play the game but if I want to join up with anyone in a party I can't. Origin is a truly craptastic piece of software.

sum1

Space Marshal
Jun 26, 2015
RSI Handle
sum1
I have to keep it around for Titanfall. Those are just such good games that I can put up with Origin for them. I stopped playing for a while actually because every time I would try to play my cursor would just be stuck in the middle of the screen and I couldn't actually look around in the game. Come to find out it is due to the Origin Overlay, so now I can play the game but if I want to join up with anyone in a party I can't. Origin is a truly craptastic piece of software.
I am just sick of using a toxic product to play good games. it really is a toxic relationship. EA uses and abuses its player base. Ubisoft uses to, they have made a massive turn around. long and short of it, is if EA wants my money, here is what needs to happen.
Treat your customers with some respect and not just a paycheck.
Let the game makers make games, and then make money off those game.
And if for force someone to use your software to play your games, make sure the software is useable.

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
To be clear I liked the Idea of Anthem, but Origin is just SO BAD! after two weekends of (trying to) play the beta's I have removed this virus from my computer. I am so sick of EA. I am done with them I wish all the best for Anthem, but I am not putting up with EA anymore. If Anthem is ever sold on Steam or something I would be totally down to give it another shot. but "Intel" then later, I am glad this cancer is out of my life.
5b2d06a95bafe3b3e236f834.jpg

Yes, EA. You launch Anthem anywhere close to the state that it's in now, and in will really be game over.

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
I won't lie I played Anthem in the demo's and yes it was not perfect but I enjoyed the time I had in the game, but people do need to remember its not an official launch for another 3-4 weeks so getting upset at a demo isn't exactly fair if they can fix 95% of the issues before launch I think the game will be decent. As for Origin service I canceled after feb 2nd I just don't use it enough to warrant 10$ a month.

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
View attachment 11850
What exactly did origin do to you?

Other than sitting in the taskbar I mean, which is all it ever does to me.

Reactions: Scape

sum1

Space Marshal
Jun 26, 2015
RSI Handle
sum1
What exactly did origin do to you?

Other than sitting in the taskbar I mean, which is all it ever does to me.
For Most of the Demo (Beta) it was crashing and causing trouble, it was very painful to try to join in groups with people. it's more EA then Origin, Origin is just the platform, but my statement is that I am done with EA. I have tried and tried, but I feel like EA is in an abusive relationship with gamers, as such I got myself out. For the past years, EA has made me excited for games after games, SW:BF1 and 2. Battlefield 1 and 5, and now Anthem. each I have returned (except anthem, never got it) after less than 3 hours played. The last EA game I truly enjoyed was Titanfall 2. In my mind, and what I got to play the beta of Anthem, I have almost no interest in it anymore. I was hopeful for it, but the more I played the beta the less and less I enjoyed it. Back to Destiny for me. EA has nothing right now I want to play in the least. So I got out... I AM FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Scape and supitza

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Maybe its the gamers that have changed? Have we become spoiled rotten? Are you reallllly giving the game a try if you only give it a miniscule fraction of your time? 3 hours into a game is not even scratching the surface with most of these titles today. Multiplayer games have never been easy to get right the first time up, anyone remember when xbox started allowing multiplayer over the internet? It was terrible, but we stuck with it.

Dont take this as me defending EA, I stand neutral on the topic. It just seems people hate EA just to hate EA without any real purpose other than to have the same opinion as everyone else. Sure they offer microtransactions and stuff, but there are hardly any AAA titles out there that do not.

As far as Origin being a "bad" platform, it's still pretty new. Steam was pretty bad when it first started out too.

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
Like I said before EA is at both ends of the spectrum, I don't think there is a single person that has been in any of these threads about Anthem or EA that can honestly say they have not played a great EA game or a bad EA game, they have been some of the best and worst for me over the past few decades, yes lately EA has been spotty in many genre's and titles I could list half a dozen disappointments in the past 2 years alone, division 1, FOR HONOR, Ghost Recon, NHL 19 etc... literally dozens of borderline failures, mediocre middle of the road games or just flat out loot crate disasters and I completely agree EA is a money machine 1st and 2nd, a distant 3rd would be its care for its gamer base. But lets not forget who helped turn this gaming industry into that which we hate, we the gaming community have turned into a brain dead, bored off our ass buy anything bunch of zombies and we helped create these company monsters that sell unfinished, unpolished subpar games.

Until the gaming community comes together and boycotts pre-sale, pre-purchase free stuff lemmings and wait for games to launch and wait for good reviews and hit these companies in their pocket books nothing will change and I admit I am just as guilty as everyone else, I pre order tons of games, I buy currency in some games and I buy loot crates in some games, hell I buy my wife mounts in WoW every time they add one because she wants them all. But what can you do sometimes you just have to play the cards were dealt and this for now is how the gaming industry rolls.

Bottom line is Anthem is not nearly as bad as people are portraying, yes the Demo's were bad in many area's but they were also good as well, to hate all games because EA is attached to it is silly and might cost some people a good time in a good game because they wont give it a chance. Hell after Division 1's launch I was pretty much anti D2 and after several Ubisoft blunders I wasn't even going to try it but after watching a lot of reviews I am now giving it a shot because I don't want to miss out on a good gaming chance. Because F076 blew does that mean I won't give another Fallout game a chance? Prolly not, the point is many companies make gaming blunders lately but they have also made great games as well, I learned to take them 1 game at a time.

Reactions: Scape and Printimus

Doggen

Space Marshal
Dec 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Doggen
Im not gonna lie, im pretty hyped for Anthem tbh!

I didnt go balls deep in the demos, just enough to get a feel for the game and it was entertaining enougn to play it.
I already have an Origin access account for BF5 (and some single player games I never played before, Dragon age inquisition etc) so will have acces to it anyway.

Reactions: Scape

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
Im not gonna lie, im pretty hyped for Anthem tbh!

I didnt go balls deep in the demos, just enough to get a feel for the game and it was entertaining enougn to play it.
I already have an Origin access account for BF5 (and some single player games I never played before, Dragon age inquisition etc) so will have acces to it anyway.
Agreed.

1) it was basically beta weekend, even if EA fucked up and marketed it like an early release. I, and anyone else who was really objective about it, understood this well before ever attempting to login.

2) there is no progress kept from the beta weekend, so I didn't bother wasting my time playing everything available. There is plenty of chance to do that after it actually releases.

3) I don't have a hard-on for EA like so many others seem to.

4) I am not particularly invested into Destiny like some others, so I don't care if Anthem takes players from Destiny.

5) it's actually a good game. Or at least it will be, once they get the remaining bugs out, which doesn't seem like it will be long.

sum1

Space Marshal
Jun 26, 2015
RSI Handle
sum1
Agreed.

1) it was basically beta weekend, even if EA fucked up and marketed it like an early release. I, and anyone else who was really objective about it, understood this well before ever attempting to login.

2) there is no progress kept from the beta weekend, so I didn't bother wasting my time playing everything available. There is plenty of chance to do that after it actually releases.

3) I don't have a hard-on for EA like so many others seem to.

4) I am not particularly invested into Destiny like some others, so I don't care if Anthem takes players from Destiny.

5) it's actually a good game. Or at least it will be, once they get the remaining bugs out, which doesn't seem like it will be long.
1) Agreed it was a beta, but didn't make me want to play the full game....

2) I enjoyed the beta as a beta, but it didn't get me invested in the full game at all. and maybe it will be a great game but I don't see that being a thing for ~6 months, if EA lets Bioware put the time in that they need to.

3) I don't know anyone who does have a hard-on for EA, seems like most people hate them...

4) It won't. it may draw some of the more casual players away, but Destiny is a shooter, Anthem is not. if you want strong gunplay, Destiny will be king for some time. The gun mechanics in Anthem were really really bad.

5) No, it's not, it could be, but the gameplay loop they showed in the beta got old really fast, I enjoyed it a few times. And yes there is a good game in there, and the full release could be a good game, but I have seen nothing to reassure me of that. I see it going the way of, well most other games EA has made lately, hype at launch, 3 months into the game, almost dead, very few will play anthem in a year. I hope I am wrong, I want more games to be good, I want BioWare to get a win. But I don't see it happening. I expect the launch to be really rough anyway with a micro-transaction uproar in there were getting something cool in the game will take 5 billion years of game time.

I can't stress this enough, I hope I am wrong. but I don't think I am.

Reactions: supitza

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
1) Agreed it was a beta, but didn't make me want to play the full game....
Then the demo was a success!

You got to try the game.

You didnt like it.

You will not be buying it!

I call that a win.

For me, I was happy with what I saw and Im excited for the full game. The only thing I can't tell at this point is if its a 50hr game or a 500hr game, that will depend on factors we do not know yet.

sum1

Space Marshal
Jun 26, 2015
RSI Handle
sum1
Then the demo was a success!

You got to try the game.

You didnt like it.

You will not be buying it!

I call that a win.

For me, I was happy with what I saw and Im excited for the full game. The only thing I can't tell at this point is if its a 50hr game or a 500hr game, that will depend on factors we do not know yet.
I would call it a win too. EA and BioWare.... not so much.
To put this in perspective, when the Destiny 2 beta launched, it has less content then Anthem beta, however, I could not stop playing it. Anthem beta has more stuff to do, but I just constantly felt bored and wanting to go do something else. and I put a lot more time into the Destiny beta then the Anthem one. This is why I worry about Anthem's longevity. I like 500hr games... or in the case of Destiny 2.... 1,349hrs 16mins, to date (according to time wasted on destiny). But like I said before, Titanfall 2 was the last EA game that I kept, Every other game I got bored of really fast (within hours of playing) and returned. I hope Anthem is different.

atpbx

Space Marshal
Jan 2, 2016
RSI Handle
General Fisting
View attachment 11850
What a coincidence!

Me to!

But more because its a trash game thats not worth my time.

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
3) I don't know anyone who does have a hard-on for EA, seems like most people hate them...
That's what I meant. If you hate EA enough to troll them and try to piss on their good games then you have a hard-on for them. (I'm not saying anybody here does).

If you love them and they can do no wrong, you're a fanboy.

sum1

Space Marshal
Jun 26, 2015
RSI Handle
sum1
That's what I meant. If you hate EA enough to troll them and try to piss on their good games then you have a hard-on for them. (I'm not saying anybody here does).

If you love them and they can do no wrong, you're a fanboy.
what good games? not trolling, just curious?

Forgot your password?