What did CitizenCon do to your fleet?

SpudNyk

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 19, 2016
RSI Handle
spudnyk
Now we've had CitizenCon and it's sale, what impact did it have on your fleet?

For me personally I picked up a Polaris standalone. CCU'd a Carrack to a crucible and picked up the aegis pack with some melting and store credit I had.

Mainly just curious as to others major changes if any.

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
CitCon forced me to melt my Cat package as well as the Prospector and Blade. :( *sniffle* So now I'm a more or less proud owner of a Crucible, SuperHornet and a CCU Starfarer -> Gemini plus having 50% of the bucks left for buying back the Cat when receiving the next token. Probably. Or probably not. We'll see ;)

SpudNyk

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 19, 2016
RSI Handle
spudnyk
Surprisingly, nothing. I would have gotten the Aggressor pack (basically 2 Free Dragonfles :( ) if it had a game package or better insurance, but right now my Infamous Armada is my only game pack and I'm loathe to part with it without something equally as good replacing it.
The Armada pack was awesome, I don't know why they decided to not include game packages in the 'packs' for this sale, the savings are great but it makes decisions a lot harder.

SpudNyk

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 19, 2016
RSI Handle
spudnyk
CitCon forced me to melt my Cat package as well as the Prospector and Blade. :( *sniffle* So now I'm a more or less proud owner of a Crucible, SuperHornet and a CCU Starfarer -> Gemini plus having 50% of the bucks left for buying back the Cat when receiving the next token. Probably. Or probably not. We'll see ;)
The cat one would be hard, I'm waiting on the anniversary sale to get my prospector back via CCU. Still a nice little fleet you have there.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
I melted the Retaliator, its modules, an Aquila and my CCU ship intended for Redeemer to buy the Polaris. One day later I noticed the COMBO - CARRIER AIR WING. I melted all my fighters which also where in the CARRIER AIR WING and the Polaris and got back all my fighters, the Polaris AND a Retaliator.
So in the end I lost my CCU ship intended for a Redeemer and my Aquila and gained a Polaris. I still must rebuy the modules to make the Retaliator versatile again.

SpudNyk

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 19, 2016
RSI Handle
spudnyk
I melted the Retaliator, its modules, an Aquila and my CCU ship intended for Redeemer to buy the Polaris. One day later I noticed the COMBO - CARRIER AIR WING. I melted all my fighters which also where in the CARRIER AIR WING and the Polaris and got back all my fighters, the Polaris AND a Retaliator.
So in the end I lost my CCU ship intended for a Redeemer and my Aquila and gained a Polaris. I still must rebuy the modules to make the Retaliator versatile again.
Great deal, I too have the retaliator modules sitting in my buy back. Though not sure which modules I'd buy back to be honest.

SpudNyk

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 19, 2016
RSI Handle
spudnyk
Upgraded my M50 to a Sabre. Once I did that, I realized my Vanguard Warden was a lot less appealing and upgraded that to an Aquila. Waiting for an opportunity to (hopefully) upgrade the Aquila to a Phoenix.
Nice. You might not get a CCU option unfortunately they only ever sold an andromeda to phoenix upgrade at the initial sale, they've not sold any CCUs since. Fingers crossed they change their mind, if not it might be in a pack at the anniversary sale :)

Forgot your password?