What do you all do right now? (in-game)

Doggen

Space Marshal
Dec 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Doggen
Im mostly trying out new stuff like VoiceAttack, FaceTrackNoir, VR with google cartboard in the PTU and AC to see whats the most immersive way to play for me. Also trying to become a better pilot by racing and circlestrafing the station :)

Odiam

Grand Admiral
Feb 17, 2016
RSI Handle
Odiam
Drone means you can practice with no one shooting you. Free flight is good for setting up your controller, getting used to various keys and you can practice auto/manual landings (there are 8 pads). Also, in Free Flight you can do Co-op with a friend that is willing to be the 'Drone' for you to practice shooting to get used to the targeting Pips etc. (I have done this several times with friends.)

The other Drone maps are very similar. I hope this explanation helps.
Have fun.
Yep thanks! Now I feel less useless.

Kilo-Delta

Vice Admiral
Feb 17, 2016
RSI Handle
KiloDelta
Glitch through everything, knock the landing skids off of my Mustang, endure 10 FPS, and die as soon as I encounter a player, even when I'm in my "OP" Super Hornet. Pretty good fun all in all, I r8 42/8

Reactions: Blind Owl

Carlos Spicyweiner

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2015
RSI Handle
DMGunslinger
Best day ever in SC yesterday! I took a 300i out to Kareah to practice getting shot down and dying a cold, firey death in space(as usual). There is some "thing" that camps out there on occasion in a scythe and shoots at anything that jumps in. It calls itself "Strategos" or something close, and I call it a "thing" because I suspect from it's behavior that it may actually be a vanduul. Anywho, I have mixed it up with this guy before and he usually makes short work of me, and if you run to cry-astro for repairs, he has a nasty habit of following you to finish you off as you sit helpless on the landing pad(to be fair, I have done the same to him, just for revenge). So we tangle for a few minutes, and I actually got a few licks in, but as usual, he is kicking my butt with those big alien guns. At this point, my strategy is to cut my losses and run back to Olisar and the armistice zone to deny him the victory. I jump in and I'm just about to land my junk heap when I get savagely bumped from behind. This clown has followed me back and now wants to finish me off by ramming me! I drop the ship on the pad and climb out as fast as I can as he hits the ship one last time and it explodes behind me. I thought I was a goner, but I live through it and run for the stairs. He's actually going to try to gore me with that slashing wing! I make it to the stairs and now I really AM safe, and he is about 2 meters from me trying to cut me. I call up the dance emoji, followed by the rude ones, and he keeps on trying to get me! Finally he gets frustrated and flies off. I keep imagining him yelling and screaming and banging his head on the keyboard. Sorry to go long, but this doesn't happen every day and it's one of the things I like to do in the game, look for surprising little victories!

Xian-Luc Picard

Space Marshal
Jan 9, 2016
RSI Handle
Xian-Luc_Picard
Best day ever in SC yesterday! I took a 300i out to Kareah to practice getting shot down and dying a cold, firey death in space(as usual). There is some "thing" that camps out there on occasion in a scythe and shoots at anything that jumps in. It calls itself "Strategos" or something close, and I call it a "thing" because I suspect from it's behavior that it may actually be a vanduul. Anywho, I have mixed it up with this guy before and he usually makes short work of me, and if you run to cry-astro for repairs, he has a nasty habit of following you to finish you off as you sit helpless on the landing pad(to be fair, I have done the same to him, just for revenge). So we tangle for a few minutes, and I actually got a few licks in, but as usual, he is kicking my butt with those big alien guns. At this point, my strategy is to cut my losses and run back to Olisar and the armistice zone to deny him the victory. I jump in and I'm just about to land my junk heap when I get savagely bumped from behind. This clown has followed me back and now wants to finish me off by ramming me! I drop the ship on the pad and climb out as fast as I can as he hits the ship one last time and it explodes behind me. I thought I was a goner, but I live through it and run for the stairs. He's actually going to try to gore me with that slashing wing! I make it to the stairs and now I really AM safe, and he is about 2 meters from me trying to cut me. I call up the dance emoji, followed by the rude ones, and he keeps on trying to get me! Finally he gets frustrated and flies off. I keep imagining him yelling and screaming and banging his head on the keyboard. Sorry to go long, but this doesn't happen every day and it's one of the things I like to do in the game, look for surprising little victories!
That is probably the coolest experience I have heard with the PU yet. Do you think it is a person or NPC AI?

Carlos Spicyweiner

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2015
RSI Handle
DMGunslinger
That is probably the coolest experience I have heard with the PU yet. Do you think it is a person or NPC AI?
An interesting point. In The Star Citizen 2.1 Features article, the RSI website says to expect 20 "random encounters"usually involving dogfights. And how did he know to immediately follow me back to Olisar? And I really haven't seen that many scythes in the game, have you? Regardless of the circumstances, it was a whole bunch of fun!

Snakey

Grand Admiral
Donor
Jul 15, 2015
RSI Handle
SNKYGMG
More generally speaking: what's there to know at this stage?
I mainly fire up the PU, do a comm-array reboot, explore what I unlock for a bit, have the occasional pirate fight, and nothing much more. As far as I understand nothing is yet persistent anyway.
So, all good and fine, but am I missing some major activity or that's all at the moment? More than OK but just to be sure, you know.
Here's something. I call it the great noodle vending machine robbery. Basically steal a vending machine from the rekt station and keep it in your ship for as long as possible

AstroGimp01

Space Marshal
Jan 31, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroGimp01
Recently started playing AC VS Coop and may try SB and BR eventually, just bought a Thrustmaster T.16000M joystick and will be setting up 2 stick controls tonight.

I like to jump into the PU, spawn my Connie and lend it out for folks to try then I fly top cover on the Connie in my Gunfighter Delta or Gladius sometimes to try and protect them for a while. I watch for and call out griefers/campers so folks know if a place is not particularly safe, run a comm array mission or two, try an ICC Probe mission or two and then knock off for a while - keeps thing interesting.

Have accepted a few dogfight requests (prefer to be asked rather than fired upon) and really enjoy a good one.

Looking forward to jump points, procedural planetfall, and exploration in my Beta and Connie but must say I am really enjoying it all so far.

'Gimp

Dethsause

Space Marshal
Jan 3, 2015
RSI Handle
Dethsause
I like to take my scythe out and shoot at unsuspecting players. Sometimes I like to help the pirates kill the local security forces!!! Yay role playing!!! but most of the time I hope there will be a sale on new ships soon.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Recently started playing AC VS Coop and may try SB and BR eventually, just bought a Thrustmaster T.16000M joystick and will be setting up 2 stick controls tonight.
Let me know how you set up two joysticks, mine doesn't like to accept commands correctly from my offstick. I use it for strafing and it always shoves me off course.

Hadron Xon

Space Marshal
Jan 18, 2016
RSI Handle
Hadron_Xon
Until we get cargo transport and another system probably wont be logging on.Currently playing Ark, Elite and black desert.

Last edited:

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
Honestly? Nothing. The gameplay gets old after a few hours, and is so buggy and unstable that it's simply easier and more rewarding to play something else.

I'll hop on if someone pokes me, but right now there's not really enough to grab my interest for more than 4-5 hours a patch.

Unshaven

Commander
May 7, 2015
RSI Handle
Unshaven
Did the good guy missions. Was cruising around seeing all "green" ships everywhere then something snapped. Now I'm exploring the dark side. Tried the Vanduul blade stabbing trick right out of the gate at Olisar. Works great. Ships go boom and nobody can shoot you back. Off to get repaired though as it can rip off a wing. Then off to hunt whoever. Made it to bad guy level 3 before my system locked up and froze. No mean intent, just having fun exploring what is going on with the red suits. Besides, all those green guys have to have someone to shoot at! :-)

Last edited:
Forgot your password?