What do you think StarCitizen should do for their 10 year anniversary?

ColdDog

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
FatalisSmilodon
That is the question. I found a birthday goodies pack in my hanger from 2020. I've been with this game for nearly 10 years (2013)... assuming a person lives to 80 years old that 12.5% of your life waiting on Star Citizen. Imagine all that wonderful time we've debated about volumetric clouds, server meshing, vanguard wings falling off, and the age old question - does Montoya have a test squadron tattoo. To be fair we asked the same questions in 2015, 2018, 2020, now 2022. I've never donated so much money for something that I could not touch, but this maybe the best investment ever!

1652157889586.png

My fist award....
I have no idea what a AMX repair bot is but it sounds cool :). Still have not seen a record breaker skin... and well... Squadron 42 does not exist yet.

1652157972715.png

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
That is the question. I found a birthday goodies pack in my hanger from 2020. I've been with this game for nearly 10 years (2013)... assuming a person lives to 80 years old that 12.5% of your life waiting on Star Citizen. Imagine all that wonderful time we've debated about volumetric clouds, server meshing, vanguard wings falling off, and the age old question - does Montoya have a test squadron tattoo. To be fair we asked the same questions in 2015, 2018, 2020, now 2022. I've never donated so much money for something that I could not touch, but this maybe the best investment ever!

View attachment 22850

My fist award....
I have no idea what a AMX repair bot is but it sounds cool :). Still have not seen a record breaker skin... and well... Squadron 42 does not exist yet.

View attachment 22851
Nice!

Yeah I backed in November of 2012. The AMX-1 Repair Bot plus other stuff was my first 'gift'. There's been other ones ever since of course which is nice.

Honestly I'll love to receive some non-overpowered vehicle when the game finally goes live. Like some kind of unarmed hoverbike or something. Would be a nice gesture for our long suffering patience lol.

And err...'Squadron 42 Mission Disk'?!! LOL. I don't even have a CD-Rom drive anymore!

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
I want that ursa plushie we can see in Mercury Star Runner.
That, and SQ42 beta access.

S1rmunchalot

Ensign
May 10, 2022
RSI Handle
S1rmunchalot
What should Cloud Imperium Games do on their 10th Anniversary of the Kickstarter? Release the frikking Squadron 42 Episode One game!

Anyone who frequents the forums at RSI knows my view... The Roadmap is full of hints suggesting that Squadron 42 Episode One is feature complete and they have been in the bug fixing, internal testing phase since last December at least. I hope, and it is a hope, that they plan some form of Squadron 42 release on the 10th Anniversary of the kickstarter campaign.

Let's consider:
Sandi Roberts has never agreed to a community interview before now, and who does she interview with after all these years - the former SC Leaks guy. Not BoredGamer, not SpaceTomato, nor SuperMacBros or Morphologis, not Montoya. Not even BatGirl who is putting her and her daughter up for a while. Why? It isn't necessary for funding, it isn't necessary for social media presence which had ballooned recently. Is this bridge building? what for?
There are no upstream teams working on any Squadron 42 deliverable according to the Progress Tracker. 40+ teams working on 'bug fixing and tech debt'.
There have been no new deliverables added for Squadron 42 Episode One (there are those labelled Squadron 42 and Star Citizen) since 2021.
Chris Roberts said in Q3 last year he was moving to the UK to 'Finish out Squadron 42' - Chris is a millionaire with a mansion in LA, yet Sandi admits she is staying with her daughter in the USA to continue to assists/monitor her daughters acting profession in a house with with a former Youtuber of Star Citizen - and her youngest daughter is staying in LA.
Jared Huckaby announced last year he is moving to the UK on a 5 year work visa, even though he has previously stated that the only food he would eat in the UK is the food he brought in his bag form the USA. He's 'very close' to the guys in the LA office and his parents.

These are not speculation, or theory-crafting, these are facts you can go and verify for yourselves. The conclusions you draw are up to you.

Last edited:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
What should Cloud Imperium Games do on their 10th Anniversary of the Kickstarter? Release the frikking Squadron 42 Episode One game!

Anyone who frequents the forums at RSI knows my view... The Roadmap is full of hints suggesting that Squadron 42 Episode One is feature complete and they have been in the bug fixing, internal testing phase since last December at least. I hope, and it is a hope, that they plan some form of Squadron 42 release on the 10th Anniversary of the kickstarter campaign.

Let's consider:
Sandi Roberts has never agreed to a community interview before now, and who does she interview with after all these years - the former SC Leaks guy. Not BoredGamer, not SpaceTomato, nor SuperMacBros or Morphologis, not Montoya. Not even BatGirl who is putting her and her daughter up for a while. Why? It isn't necessary for funding, it isn't necessary for social media presence which had ballooned recently. Is this bridge building? what for?
There are no upstream teams working on any Squadron 42 deliverable according to the Progress Tracker. 40+ teams working on 'bug fixing and tech debt'.
There have been no new deliverables added for Squadron 42 Episode One (there are those labelled Squadron 42 and Star Citizen) since 2021.
Chris Roberts said in Q3 last year he was moving to the UK to 'Finish out Squadron 42' - Chris is a millionaire with a mansion in LA, yet Sandi admits she is staying with her daughter in the USA to continue to assists/monitor her daughters acting profession in a house with with a former Youtuber of Star Citizen - and her youngest daughter is staying in LA.
Jared Huckaby announced last year he is moving to the UK on a 5 year work visa, even though he has previously stated that the only food he would eat in the UK is the food he brought in his bag form the USA. He's 'very close' to the guys in the LA office and his parents.

These are not speculation, or theory-crafting, these are facts you can go and verify for yourselves. The conclusions you draw are up to you.
Welcome to TEST!

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Announcement that CIG along with all of SC and SQ42 being sold to EA!
muahahahahaa

as for Sq42 I think at best we are getting a vertical slice again, but I think it's more likely that we are getting just a new trailer or nothing at all.

What I'd actually like to see is a speech from CR (after some 5 minute boring ass clip of where the project started from and how it got to now) in which he:
clears up the current state of both SQ42 and SC in regards to what is happening and what is planned, and a more hard set release window (like 2 and 5 years from now)
him signing an official document that prevents him for micromanaging and coming up with more and more scope bloating ideas so they can actually hit the planned release windows for both games

what I think we are actually gonna get is a freefly week along with the usual ship sales and probably a stupid colored knife or some crap like that

Reactions: ColdDog

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
Lol... like 8 track tapes... this is taking so long to make... you're such a genius! Love it! Best observation of the day!
I mean if they wanna put SQ42 on something with updated technology like a high capacity USB drive...I don't mind!

That said....they might have to put SQ42 out on quantum bioneural datadrives or something...for when SQ42/Star Citizen finally comes out in 2042!

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
I want clear rules for pledges. For example a warbond CCU should have a fixed melt price.
They do though? It's always the amount you paid for it, except for tax. But if you buy stuff with store credit, you're no longer paying tax on the store credit.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Good things on life require time and effort. Most off the time.
Yes but preferably not 10% of my lifespan. I mean it's good, but it's just a game at the end of the day!

Forgot your password?