What games coming out in the next few months are you hyped for?

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Looks like we are setting up nicely for Corona-lockdown v2 , or really v1 in most places.

What games are you going to play while being quarantined?

Obviously Cyberpunk, but 90 days until Star Wars Squadrons is an exciting one for me!

Its been a childhood dream to pilot the Tie Interceptor in VR!

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines 2 is hopefully going to be a big one. Obviously I'm excited for Cyberpunk, but the original Bloodlines was an amazing game I've played dozens of times. It'll probably come out this Dec, but I'm guessing we'll still be semi-lockdown until then anyways.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Currently playing Sim City on the Nintendo DS, it was made in 2007.

There are on new releases for the consoles I have and the game/s I have on PC are almost all like SC where they may be finished one day, except for Minecraft.

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
Cyberpunk, Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines 2, Crusader Kings 3 (i sank thousands of hours in CK2 its just awsome game). I think that will take most of my free time for quite a while ;)

edit : oh and been playing Mount&Blade Bannerlord a lot since release, i hope it will be out of EA this year, its getting patched nicely so far.
also playing Stellar Tactics, a small EA indie project, nice game.

Szioul

Space Marshal
Oct 21, 2016
RSI Handle
Szioul
Pretty much just Cyberpunk and Crusader Kings 3. Although it looks like the gunplay and driving in Cyberpunk might be a bit clunky, and if CK3 follows the usual Paradox model it might take a couple of expansions before it could be considered a great game.

I was looking forward to VtM: Bloodlines 2, when it was announced, but the more I've looked into it, the more I'm convinced it's going to be huge flop. The team working on it don't exactly have great history, and Mitsoda is massively overrated as a writer.

Edit: Bannerlord's been great, and I'll be playing more of it as the bigger updates come in. They originally said they'd like to keep it in early access for about a year, so I'm not expecting the actual launch until next summer at the earliest.

Last edited:

empireRSA

Space Marshal
Mar 13, 2014
RSI Handle
prem1er
Its been a childhood dream to pilot the Tie Interceptor in VR!
Yes!

Squadrons is obviously number 1, because spaaaace - please don't mess this up EA, my heart won't be able to take it, I'm fragile.

Icarus looks like it might be worth a look, Evil Genius 2 & the new Starship Troopers are top of my list though.

I just sold my Thrustmaster wheel & bought joystick's instead, so I guess I'm committed to this flying thing now. :)

Last edited:

wmk

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk
Hideo Kojima's Death Stranding coming to PC on July 14.

My wife is probably more hyped than me, but I'm going to create my profile if possible, or play with her avatar few times if not.

It would be like running from one outpost to another on Microtech or one if its moons, with rucksack full of delivery boxes, without crashing every half an hour and losing the progress, so I'm looking forward to that ; )

97e46104ce359eb2c98771645f6e1584-768x432.png

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Although it looks like the gunplay and driving in Cyberpunk might be a bit clunky
From the gameplay I've seen most of the footage is of people playing with an Xbox controller and the game has a built in auto-aim which snaps to center mass. It should be better on PC with mouse.

I was looking forward to VtM: Bloodlines 2, when it was announced, but the more I've looked into it, the more I'm convinced it's going to be huge flop.
Same as above with Bloodlines. The only real footage we have is of that journalist playing on controller. And it seems apparent he barely knew how to use one. I wish companies would have actual gamers to show off things for these demos as it leaves a bad impression when someone fumbles with their games.

If you want some good breakdowns of the game go to YouTube and search for Outstar, she does a very good job of looking into the game. Currently I believe she works for some company associated with it, but when she made the vids I don't believe she did.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Mafia 1 remake is top of my list.
Cyberpunk obviously
I'll keep an eye on SWSquadron

I never played mount n blade, so I picked up the cheap collection in the summer sale, been playing Warband for a few days now, and I'll continue to do so for a while as it's a lot of fun. I wont be picking up bannerlord just yet, maybe after it's out next year.
Also picked up divinity original sin 1-2, played 1 enhanced edition for a while but kinda boring imo.

It looks like we might be getting Test Drive Unlimited 3 or something along those lines, so I'm very much looking forward to that. Spent way too much time with 1 and 2, but how could you not when you could operate the roof on cabrios! Lol

I've never played the old VtM bloodlines but I'm intrigued. Seen some news that were kinda worrying though, so I'll hold off until it's out and I get to see some proper gameplay.

Evil Genius 2 and anything Starship Troopers related I'm much hyped for.

The new Halo if it comes to PC.

Also I'll be busy trying to design and build my own joystick/hotas from scratch. I've been planning to do that for a while, I'll start ordering some control boards and such before the lockdown kicks in again.

Gambit

Space Marshal
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Gambit
Yeah this. Big fan of the original Bloodlines as well. Troika really had the misfortune of releasing the original game at the same time as Half-Life 2 (whoops!).
I think the misfortune was being owned by activision, Troika was pretty aware that releasing alongside HL2 was suicide, but as we know, people who sign checks gives the orders. BTW, such a sad story with Troika, first it was Fallout (while working for interplay) and then Vampire. I really admire those dudes.

On topic, Cyberpunk is a universal one, but another biggie is Baldurs Gate 3.

New World pulled my interest, but I would not say hyped.

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
I never played mount n blade, so I picked up the cheap collection in the summer sale, been playing Warband for a few days now, and I'll continue to do so for a while as it's a lot of fun. I wont be picking up bannerlord just yet, maybe after it's out next year.
Warband really shines with mods, i can recommend the followings : Brytenwalda, Gekokujo Daimyo Edition, Warsword conquest, A world of Ice and Fire, Anno Domini 1257, StarWars Conquest, Rome at war, The red wars... so many mods to satisfy your needs and likes !

LoicFarris

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 1, 2019
RSI Handle
LoicFarris
Dunno to be quite frank. Star Wars Squadrons or whatever it's called looks great but like many I have no love or confidence in EA's ability to put out a fully polished and fleshed out gaming experience. I'm interested in Cyberpunk but I've also been going through my Steam library lately and re-installing games I paid for but never finished. Trying to force my self to finish games vs. playing them for a total of 30 minutes and moving on.

Forgot your password?