What games coming out in the next few months are you hyped for?

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
I have to confess that I dont get this game.

Ive watched people play, it looks nice graphically, but I just don't get an urge to play it.

What am I missing.
In short: the podcast to listen to while you play lol

Just from watching, I think it works for those who like the kinda timesinks like Farming Sim, EuroTruck Sim, space truckin, and such. Like me. Simple gameplay loop, sometimes interrupted by bossfights. It gives you time to think/watch/listen to something on the side.
I might pick it up just for the wife, she likes to look at NR hahaha

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Cyperbunk is teh main one for me.

Still playing a bit of SC, COD Warzone.

I only usually play 1 or 2 games at a time as don't get to spend too Much time gaming no more. Sad times.

I'll have to look around for another one game I think!!

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
Ghost of Tsushima, Cyberpunk 2077, Assassins Creed Valhalla. The whole Star Wars Squadrons screams 5v5 focus to me so not sure I will jump on that one just yet.

And did anyone else hear about this Fallout show coming to Amazon Prime in the future? Could be pretty decent, heard the guys from Westworld are doing it.

Last edited:

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Ghost of Tsushima, Cyberpunk 2077, Assassins Creed Valhalla. The whole Star Wars Squadrons screams 5v5 focus to me so not sure I will jump on that one just yet.

And did anyone else hear about this Fallout show coming to Amazon Prime in the future? Could be pretty decent, heard the guys from Westworld are doing it.
Fuck, I forgot about Valhalla! Yeah, all over that!

Rear_Intruder

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 9, 2017
RSI Handle
Rear_Intruder
I heard rumours of a game by Chris Roberts call Star Citizen.......
I think I will try that one.
🤣 😱😜
In all seriousness, I see pointers that SQ42 chapter 1, will be released this year. I think it will be a disappointment to some as it will be very short in gameplay and will just be too give us a taste for the future chapters.

Go on start -the abuse, laughter and ridicule

Last edited:

LoicFarris

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 1, 2019
RSI Handle
LoicFarris
Okay so who here is excited about the Next Gen consoles?

A bunch of my console gaming friends are all asking if I'm grabbing the new XBox and PS5, to which I asked why would I. The answer was comical... "They have SSDs man and 120hz refresh" to which I answered, welcome to the 21st century... am I an asshole?

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik

A bunch of my console gaming friends are all asking if I'm grabbing the new XBox and PS5, to which I asked why would I. The answer was comical... "They have SSDs man and 120hz refresh" to which I answered, welcome to the 21st century... am I an asshole?
No you're not.
But, I have a friend/ colleague who had a PS3, a PS4, PS4S or whatever the upgraded is called, and is now buying a PS5.
He works on a dual rtx2080 rig with two 4K screens and who knows how much ram, nvme ssd-s and shit. He has a similar setup at home.
Yet he still would rather just plop down in front of his TV, push 2 buttons, and be entertained for an hour on his big screen without all the hassle of a PC.

Rear_Intruder

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 9, 2017
RSI Handle
Rear_Intruder

I forgot to mention it, you will be able to play SQ42 on them on release or very soon after.

Devil Dog Hog

Space Marshal
Jan 28, 2016
RSI Handle
DevilDogHog
What games are you going to play while being quarantined?
Im going to play mind games with my family while suffering the effects of cabin fever, copious amounts of alcohol, and pre-filled divorce papers and a will (which ever comes first), basically just another family vacation.

Agrath

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 27, 2015
RSI Handle
bentst
Planning to buy cyberpunk 2077

Currently playing story mode on red dead redemption 2

Stellaris is still waiting to be played
Steamlibrary is packed with never before opened games. Each time I look at it, I feel like 12 year old me when my parents told me to clean up my room.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl

Lol, yes! And no. I personal can't justify buying a console, not again, considering I just upgraded to a new gaming PC. PC just rocks all things console.

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
No way SQ42 releases this year lmao, this is a dream. If it releases it will be a test chapter or some BS like that and I could only imagine the bugs and issues it will have, it would be a huge mistake to release SQ42 anytime this year imo.

This was part of their March statement about SQ42

"We want to be clear: progress on Squadron 42 is happening and we’re broadly happy with that progress. But we know that our roadmap is not reflecting that progress. Over time, we’ve found that the roadmap as presented does not and cannot accurately represent development on a AAA chapter-based, story-driven game like SQ42. So, we’re going back to the proverbial drawing board to explore different approaches for Squadron 42."

This to me says SQ42 is nowhere near completion and as I said a few years ago I have this sinking feeling the game will be released as a "live service" done in chapters which imo is nothing more than selling an unfinished product loaded with bugs and issues just to make a deadline.

I hope I am wrong but all to often lately so many companies have resorted to this tactic, release the game and fix it as you go. :(

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
"We want to be clear: progress on Squadron 42 is happening and we’re broadly happy with that progress. But we know that our roadmap is not reflecting that progress. Over time, we’ve found that the roadmap as presented does not and cannot accurately represent development on a AAA chapter-based, story-driven game like SQ42. So, we’re going back to the proverbial drawing board to explore different approaches for Squadron 42."

This to me says SQ42 is nowhere near completion and as I said a few years ago I have this sinking feeling the game will be released as a "live service" done in chapters which imo is nothing more than selling an unfinished product loaded with bugs and issues just to make a deadline.

I hope I am wrong but all to often lately so many companies have resorted to this tactic, release the game and fix it as you go. :(
To me it says "the roadmap as presented does not and cannot accurately represent development on a AAA chapter-based, story-driven game like SQ42."

However you did call it correctly on Anthem, so I'm not going to be so simple as to say your viewpoint isn't valid 😉

I am interested, in the case of Anthem, did you have info other than that which was available to the rest of us to call it so spot-on? And additionally, do you have additional information in regard to S42 which we great unwashed may not know about?

Forgot your password?