What is [CONCERN]*?

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Aloha citizens.

I was on that Twitter thing and someone who knows someone who likes cheese who once talked to a Z list celebrity farted near a filing cabinet and a Tweet from [CONCREN]* website popped up saying buy your 890j today! I clicked on the link and it took me to a fairly well constructed site selling pledge items some of which they indicated were saving up to 40%...?

I put a random message on the tweet as you have to with Twitter because that's the law, and as nice as it looked, I take it it's not an official service endorsed by RSI?

*Name of website removed by me to avoid publicizing it in case it's not cool.

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Eh???
I think you fall into a phishing message or some sort of scam releted to Star Citizen man...
There are gray market outthere made of people that have a lot of bay-back and want to sell them (as mach as the dedicated section of this very same forum), but they don't sell them at discounted price or at least not at 40% off...

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
pm me the link, I can poke it a bit, see if it's "blatantly obvious scam" or just "maybe a scam". (I'm a software engineer with minor in IT security)

Last edited:

Doyzer

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 31, 2017
RSI Handle
Doyzer
This sounds like you found the Star Hangar website. I use them A LOT as a seller. It is not a scam. They are safer but more expensive than SC trades on reddit.

There are people who spent too much money on SC and want out. So they buy a cheap ship, upgrade it and sell the ship at a significant loss. There are more profitable ways to unload RSI credits at a profit.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
This sounds like you found the Star Hangar website. I use them A LOT as a seller. It is not a scam. They are safer but more expensive than SC trades on reddit.

There are people who spent too much money on SC and want out. So they buy a cheap ship, upgrade it and sell the ship at a significant loss. There are more profitable ways to unload RSI credits at a profit.
Many thanks for your experience, I won't go so far as to say who the link was but I'm not going to tell you your guess is wrong either ;)

Good to know it wasn't a scam but if I indulge it will be through the main site or through TEST sales page buy-backs as the funds get to development whereas this seems to be just picking up an asset someone didn't want anymore. :)

If they didn't do it someone else likely would so not a surprise to see it, was just surprised to see it on twitter - but then the November Sale is on the way and when everything is available it must kick them in the ass a bit.

Doyzer

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 31, 2017
RSI Handle
Doyzer
You are always better off buying from CIG directly. Most items sold on the grey market are not currently held in the seller's hangar. For someone like myself one of two things happens:

1) I sell an item on SC reddit trades via paypal, I take that money and buyback the item from CIG and then send it to the buyer.

2) I sell an item on Star Hangar, buyback the item from CIG and then send it to the buyer. Star Hangar takes a 13.5% cut and I keep the rest.

Forgot your password?