What is the biggest impact TEST can have on Trade and Commerce?

chimpdaddy

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2015
RSI Handle
Chimpdaddy
I know many of your are experts on SC already , so I was hoping you could enlighten me on how we could become a financial powerhouse in the game. I think we can own a Space Station or two...and control Nodes as well. Could we also become a financial operation? Could we offer our own version of insurance? How about a ship lot with rent / own options?

EpilepticCricket

Space Marshal
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
EpilepticCricket
Honestly, until we know more about how money will be generated within the SC economy we have no idea. We're one of the largest and most active orgs in the game. We probably have the largest fleet of all the orgs. Both in terms of sheer numbers and ship value. Based on the number of Reclaimers, Orions, and Hulls that our members have reported owning we probably have the single largest collection of economically focused ships in the entire 'verse.

We'll make money faster than we can drink it. We just don't know the mechanical details of how it'll come rushing into our coffers.

SPRNinja

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
SPRNinja
Well, to make a huge economic impact I could borrow the roulette off RussianJ, run it up to supercruise and ram it into arccorp...

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
The biggest overall impact to the SC economy would obviously be to burn down CIG offices.

But aside from that find something low-volume yet high profit, and monopolize the shit out of it. Better if its necessary for top level ship customization or construction, like Tier X CPUs or some shit.

Look at Goons and moon goo in EVE, they got rich as FUCK because no one else could get in on it.

Reactions: Space Monkey

thedeadlybutter

Vice Admiral
Dec 2, 2014
RSI Handle
thedeadlybutters
The biggest overall impact to the SC economy would obviously be to burn down CIG offices.

But aside from that find something low-volume yet high profit, and monopolize the shit out of it. Better if its necessary for top level ship customization or construction, like Tier X CPUs or some shit.

Look at Goons and moon goo in EVE, they got rich as FUCK because no one else could get in on it.
Thats the problem with Star Citizen though, we can only have a true monopoly if we assassinate all of the players AND npc's going after whatever it is we're monopolizing. Between that and instancing it'll be really tough.

I think our best bet is stockpiling a large supply of something (eg: missiles) in a system and accidentally getting two orgs to fight in that system (or informing the UEE of a pirate base, whatever). The price of ammo/missiles goes up, and we're already there waiting to sell!

TLDR: I think the ways we would normally manipulate a market need to be changed to be event based, not system.

Maxgerber5250

Grand Admiral
Apr 2, 2015
RSI Handle
Capt-Spicer
I like the assassination idea. all we need do is find out who`s who, what they do, and find the angle. you know all that black op stuff. hell we could even put together teams just for that kind of stuff. Damn I`m already liking the sound of that ! Hell even Sun Tzu said the best money spent is in Black operations, well I am paraphrasing. LOL

thedeadlybutter

Vice Admiral
Dec 2, 2014
RSI Handle
thedeadlybutters
mmmm, no. sun ztu said its best to fight war without actually fighting :P

and assassination is pretty hard, but could have huge pay off. I dont think (at least i dont see it public anywhere) we have an intel division, so we'd either have to start this or outsource it. (if others are also interested in this I can start a thread and whip up some propaganda)

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
If we ever start an intelligence division, the last thing to do would be to put it on the forums.

Yex

Space Marshal
Mar 15, 2015
RSI Handle
Yex
Rare materials market is always a good one to sit one and then dump all at once, flooding everything. If you can work out the simple NPC counter mechanic to it. You can hoard that good as well and flood the market as a secondary. Tertiary items will be rendered moot if it is done properly.

The primary would make and lose money. Generally you equal out on the catalyst item as the more you flood the more you devalue your own item. However it's the secondary which always makes the pure profit.

The largest I've ever done was a combination of 4 whales. Any more and it got too complicated, as there was one person always wanting to bail and make a quick profit. Or chicken out since the primary can sometimes lose money.

Source:- 3years of playing market trade in MMO's

Yex

Space Marshal
Mar 15, 2015
RSI Handle
Yex
Since what we know of the economy is that it is a 'cause and effect' system. It's massively exploitable. Unless they enforce a heavy tax or bulk buy cripple.

However you can counter a import export cap by using multiple accounts. The same goes for a tax, you just increase your output for sufficient profit.

Forgot your password?