What is this guy referring to?

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
It probably has to do with the layering of the various companies. Foundary 42, RSI, CIG, etc. Heck, even Turbulent and Faceware. Unless people have followed the game for a bit, a lot of these names can be a bit confusing for some people. We know it, and we take that knowledge for granted, but a lot of people new to the project are not, and there is a really steep learning curve.

Honestly, part of the problem is that there is almost 6 years worth of conflicting statements, videos, designs, reworks, etc that exist...not only on the CIG/RSI site, but the huge number of videos and other articles that were produced.

One thing CIG could do to combat this is to place their current design ideas for how things will work out in a single location. List the current process, and where they intend to go, when one changes, UPDATE IT. also, don’t put it out on videos, but in electronic documents that can be easily read, edited, and revised as progress is made.

Doing so would really help to bring new people up to speed.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
It probably has to do with the layering of the various companies. Foundary 42, RSI, CIG, etc. Heck, even Turbulent and Faceware. Unless people have followed the game for a bit, a lot of these names can be a bit confusing for some people. We know it, and we take that knowledge for granted, but a lot of people new to the project are not, and there is a really steep learning curve.

Honestly, part of the problem is that there is almost 6 years worth of conflicting statements, videos, designs, reworks, etc that exist...not only on the CIG/RSI site, but the huge number of videos and other articles that were produced.

One thing CIG could do to combat this is to place their current design ideas for how things will work out in a single location. List the current process, and where they intend to go, when one changes, UPDATE IT. also, don’t put it out on videos, but in electronic documents that can be easily read, edited, and revised as progress is made.

Doing so would really help to bring new people up to speed.

It really would be nice to have the current design docs available.

Frad in'Ryth

Vice Admiral
May 25, 2017
RSI Handle
FradinRyth
There is no easy or polite way to put this but Seb is a moron.
I've tried (patiently) to explain clearly laid out concepts to him in the past and he can't or won't get them.

Back when the turret sizing post came out he absolutely refused to accept CIGs math even though Matt Sherman's write up was quiet clear and easy to follow.

Now a days, I just don't engage him, he is either playing at the longest dryest troll or is just an idjit.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
There is no easy or polite way to put this but Seb is a moron.
I've tried (patiently) to explain clearly laid out concepts to him in the past and he can't or won't get them.

Back when the turret sizing post came out he absolutely refused to accept CIGs math even though Matt Sherman's write up was quiet clear and easy to follow.

Now a days, I just don't engage him, he is either playing at the longest dryest troll or is just an idjit.
It's okay, I've destroyed the discussion like I always do.

Forgot your password?