what's the status on 0USD ccus?

Zadig

Space Marshal
May 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Dreadmort
Hi everyone :) Hope you 're all well.

I haven't checked in the SC news for a while and I was wondering if the crackdown on 0USD ccus is still a thing... I have in my inventory a defender to terrapin ccu, which I managed to buy back for 0USD the other day, now 0USD since the defender went up in price back in time, originally wasn't zero I'm sure.

This upgrade is critical for me to complete my CCU chain, do you know for sure that CIG won't delete them if there sitting my gear section? That would help so I can hold off applying it just yet...

Cheers everyone

wmk

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk
As far as I remember, all $0 CCUs should be deleted. Most of the have been removed from backer accounts 3 or 4 years ago, however, CIG somehow missed some of them -- I still have one or two...

@vahadar do they actually work...?

Doyzer

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 31, 2017
RSI Handle
Doyzer
Yes some still work. Most of mine that are still around are downgrades or both ships are still same price.

Reactions: wmk

Dirtbag_Leader

Admiral
Nov 27, 2020
RSI Handle
Dirtbag_Leader
I think as long as it's in your hangar you're ok, but if you melt it, then it will no longer be buy-backable. If it's critical, why not go ahead and apply your chain at least that far to really 'lock it in?'

• o7
Reactions: Richard Bong

Doyzer

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 31, 2017
RSI Handle
Doyzer
I think as long as it's in your hangar you're ok, but if you melt it, then it will no longer be buy-backable. If it's critical, why not go ahead and apply your chain at least that far to really 'lock it in?'
CIG deleted some $0 ccu's in hangar. Some of my $0 that are useless I can't melt/delete. They are best kept in hangar. You still can't gift them. Here are some of mine still left
1687441766141.png

Reactions: wmk

Zadig

Space Marshal
May 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Dreadmort
Cheers for your answers! The ccu is sitting in my inventory/hangar, not in my buy backs, so it should be safe then I guess.

hmmm I just applied that ccu just in case... I am essentially making a LTI merchantman for much less but if I had waited a few days I might have been able to squeeze a few more from the updated cutlass and avenger price hike. Anyway! Better be safe now :)

Thanks everyone

Last edited:
Reactions: NaffNaffBobFace

wmk

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk
(...) hmmm I just applied that ccu just in case... I am essentially making a LTI merchantman for much less but if I had waited a few days I might have been able to squeeze a few more from the updated cutlass and avenger price hike. Anyway! Better be safe now :)
So, it did work?

Dirtbag_Leader

Admiral
Nov 27, 2020
RSI Handle
Dirtbag_Leader
I am essentially making a LTI merchantman for much less
How well did you do? I've got my still-unapplied STV-BMM chain down to $215. I'm just waiting to see if any $5 warbond CCUs pop up during IAE that might get me even lower, but then I'll probably apply it at after IAE regardless.

AccidentProne8

Space Marshal
Apr 12, 2015
RSI Handle
accidentproneeight
I think after blowback they allowed the $0 CCUs that were attached to ship trades that would now cost money in one direction or another to survive. I certainly have a multitude of retaliator to Aquila and back again CCUs that survived the purge. My advice would be if you have a bunch of them, to upgrade to the more expensive ship and hold on to the downgrades.

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
As far as I remember, all $0 CCUs should be deleted. Most of the have been removed from backer accounts 3 or 4 years ago, however, CIG somehow missed some of them -- I still have one or two...

wait what? i'm not supposed to have them anymore? lol i have like 100 of them

Zadig

Space Marshal
May 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Dreadmort
How well did you do? I've got my still-unapplied STV-BMM chain down to $215. I'm just waiting to see if any $5 warbond CCUs pop up during IAE that might get me even lower, but then I'll probably apply it at after IAE regardless.
Not as well as I could have: I had an MSR for 165USD, without LTI though, so I melted it and cc'd again from fury, but now I could reach the MSR for 200USD, so not too bad. However I then I have 2 upgrades which leave the BMM at 290. I was hoping/waiting for cutlass, avenger and spirit price bumps so I could have saved maybe 20USD more. Well done on your chain !! IMpressive, most impressive

Reactions: NaffNaffBobFace

Zadig

Space Marshal
May 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Dreadmort
I think after blowback they allowed the $0 CCUs that were attached to ship trades that would now cost money in one direction or another to survive. I certainly have a multitude of retaliator to Aquila and back again CCUs that survived the purge. My advice would be if you have a bunch of them, to upgrade to the more expensive ship and hold on to the downgrades.
Makes sense... I have just applied it :)

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar

I don't know I never had one. I was inactive then for many years ;)

Forgot your password?