What's your "one" ship?

What single ship would you start 3.0 with?

• Cutlass series

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Aurora series

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Freelancer series

Votes: 26 28.0%
  • Avenger series

Votes: 9 9.7%
  • Taurus (the other Connies aren't in the budget ATM)

Votes: 8 8.6%
  • Mustang series

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • 300 series

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Reliant series

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • We are Owl

Votes: 34 36.6%

• Total voters

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
It's been at least 3 minutes since someone I posted a ship thread. So here we go.

If you were to start 3.0 with a single ship, 150 or under, what would it be? And why. I'm thinking a la Privateer or Freelancer. You get one ship, and you just start empire building from that single platform.

I'm personally leaning heavily towards the Cutty Black. It can haul, shoot, and still crash into a mighty fireball.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
We are Owl We are Owl We are Owl We are Owl We are Owl We are Owl We are Owl

Oh! I humm.. We are Owl We are Owl We are Owl....
I probably start of with the Valiant, 350r, 315p, Hornet, Mustang Beta, Aurora LN.. naah!, We are Owl We are Owl Reliant, Freelancer, Cutlass, Constellation or no We are Owl We are Owl We are Owl Valiant, 350r, 315p, Hornet, Constellation or noo eehnumm... We are Owl Hornet, Valian, 315p,350r... eh!

We are Owl Can't answer We are Owl We are Owl when I'm doing We are Owl my mantra...
We are Owl We are Owl We are Owl....

humm guess I go with the Valiant, Hornet, 315p or 350r...
We are Owl We are Owl We are Owl We are Owl We are Owl We are Owl
We are Owl We are Owl We are Owl We are Owl
We are Owl We are Owl We are Owl
We are Owl We are Owl
We are Owl
!
I might take the Aquila... hum.. We are Owl!

Last edited:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I've sat here for fourteen minutes and cannot answer this question.

I am bias toward my Taurus but that is because it is MY Taurus so that makes it best. The advantage of a Cutty is it gives you $30 change for an Aurora!

Last edited:

cerated

Captain
Sep 10, 2017
RSI Handle
cerated

Oh! I humm.. We are Owl We are Owl We are Owl....
I probably start of with the Valiant, 350r, 315p, Hornet, Mustang Beta, Aurora LN.. naah!, We are Owl We are Owl Reliant, Freelancer, Cutlass, Constellation or no We are Owl We are Owl We are Owl Valiant, 350r, 315p, Hornet, Constellation or noo eehnumm... We are Owl Hornet, Valian, 315p,350r... eh!

We are Owl Can't answer We are Owl We are Owl when I'm doing We are Owl my mantra...
We are Owl We are Owl We are Owl....

humm guess I go with the Valiant, Hornet, 315p or 350r...
We are Owl We are Owl We are Owl We are Owl We are Owl We are Owl
We are Owl We are Owl We are Owl We are Owl
We are Owl We are Owl We are Owl
We are Owl We are Owl
We are Owl
!
I might take the Aquila... hum.. We are Owl!
It's like a version of being Borg. We're all going to start turning into part Owl at this rate.

As for my first ship it's just the boring standard package Aurora. I really want that feeling of earning all of my ships in game just as I did in every other space game. I am really going for that nostalgic privateer/freelancer feel. I am sure CRs ears must constantly be on fire with the number of gamer's thinking and saying this.

Plus I'm still upgrading my computer and there are no monies for ships. I'm going all out with multiple rads and a full ek build and then there are joysticks. Yeah no money for ships.

Last edited:

Ezz

Space Marshal
Feb 4, 2016
RSI Handle
Pfen
It's like a version of being Borg. We're all going to start turning into part Owl at this rate.

As for my first ship it's just the boring standard package Aurora. I really want that feeling of earning all of my ships in game just as I did in every other space game. I am really going for that nostalgic privateer/freelancer feel. I am sure CRs ears must constantly be on fire with the number of gamer's thinking and saying this.

Plus I'm still upgrading my computer and there are no monies for ships. I'm going all out with multiple rads and a full ek build and then there are joysticks. Yeah no money for ships.
After CIG made a custom Skin for our Auroras, next they will have to do Borg-Cube-ships for us or well owl-Cube-Ships.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
After CIG made a custom Skin for our Auroras, next they will have to do Borg-Cube-ships for us or well owl-Cube-Ships.
Not a Borg Cube - a Bengal sized SuperAurora.

RSI makes the Bengal and the Aurora, so I think they could do it easy.

The four winglets will become mighty launch platform for sun-blotting Aurora LN's, while the Supa'Rora spinal cannon launches Aurora MR's at Quantum speeds at enemy ships, vanquishing them in seconds.

What a beautiful day it will be.

Bruttle

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Bruttle
I hate to say it, but my one pick under $150 is the mustang. Is it the best pick under $150? Nope. I believe in the Mustang though. I also absolutely love flying mine. In racing, I love my Gamma. In the PU, I love my Delta. They're not the best. In fact, they kinda suck when compared to their competition. However, I have to believe their rework will turn up something amazing.

What I want to see, honestly, is a graduation. When the Mustang gets a rework, I don't want to see just some minor graphical upgrades like the Aurora. Don't get me wrong. I like the changes they made to the Aurora. The starter ships need to be top quality and appealing. I just think the Mustang has more potential. I want to see it graduate from starter, to mid and top range fighter. I want to see the Alpha move from starter to mid and the Delta move from mid to top range fighter.

Maybe I'm just dreaming. Maybe I just like the unobstructed view from the mustang cockpit. I still love my Mustangs though. They may not be the best. They may not even be practical, but I love flying them. For now, that's enough for me.

Ezz

Space Marshal
Feb 4, 2016
RSI Handle
Pfen
What I want to see, honestly, is a graduation. When the Mustang gets a rework, I don't want to see just some minor graphical upgrades like the Aurora. Don't get me wrong. I like the changes they made to the Aurora. The starter ships need to be top quality and appealing. I just think the Mustang has more potential. I want to see it graduate from starter, to mid and top range fighter. I want to see the Alpha move from starter to mid and the Delta move from mid to top range fighter.

Maybe I'm just dreaming. Maybe I just like the unobstructed view from the mustang cockpit. I still love my Mustangs though. They may not be the best. They may not even be practical, but I love flying them. For now, that's enough for me.
I don't think they will make the Mustang better. It will still be a starter. Star Citizen needs starter and more than just the Aurora. In what way do you see "potential? We already have a bunch of mid and high class fighter. No need to make the few low class fighters to mid/high class and create a void in the low class fighter area.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I can't see why an Alpha should not be cannon fodder and the delta be able to take out Hornets with ease. There was a period in WW2 when the MkIX Spitfire arrived, german fighter planes would dive on them expecting a relatively easy kill and be caught out.

Ezz

Space Marshal
Feb 4, 2016
RSI Handle
Pfen
I can't see why an Alpha should not be cannon fodder and the delta be able to take out Hornets with ease. There was a period in WW2 when the MkIX Spitfire arrived, german fighter planes would dive on them expecting a relatively easy kill and be caught out.
I am not talking about it being unrealistic lore wise. But I don't see why CIG should change the Mustang's abilities. There is not really a need for it. If they would want a high-class Mustang to catch people of guard in space fights they would make a new one and sell them and not just upgrade a ship they sold for 60€ [Mustang Delta] to a ship that is worth 120€ like the hornet. That wouldn't make sense.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I really want that feeling of earning all of my ships in game just as I did in every other space game. I am really going for that nostalgic privateer/freelancer feel.
I want this too. Or so I'm convincing myself, haha.
I hate to say it, but my one pick under $150 is the mustang. Is it the best pick under $150? Nope. I believe in the Mustang though. I also absolutely love flying mine. In racing, I love my Gamma. In the PU, I love my Delta. They're not the best. In fact, they kinda suck when compared to their competition. However, I have to believe their rework will turn up something amazing.

Dammit Bruttle, you're making me want a Mustang now, haha

Forgot your password?