When you find out your javelin shoots 4x12m torpedoes at a time

GrumpyCat

Space Marshal
Dec 17, 2014
RSI Handle
SofiyaPavlovena
And, If I'm reading it correctly. You have 32 of them.
---
Are they 12mtrs x1.2metres? IE 40 feet long and 4 feet wide? Is that what the size (12) is based on?
Yes and yes.

The next largest torpedo is from the polaris at 10m x 1m , and they have 28 of them. However the polaris only has two launch bays.

The Javelin most likely got 4 more torpedoes so you can fire 8 volleys instead of 7... someone didn't like odd numbers.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Yes and yes.

The next largest torpedo is from the polaris at 10m x 1m , and they have 28 of them. However the polaris only has two launch bays.
From the Polaris Q&A

Updated on: October 19, 2016

In an effort to clear up confusion, we’ve consulted the designer for clarification and have a revised list of hardpoints. The Polaris current planned loadout is set to include:
• 4x S10 Torpedo Launch tubes
• 5x Manned Turrets (Twin S4 Weapons)
• 1x Remote Manned Turret (Twin S5 Weapons)
• 1x Automated Turret (Twin S4 Weapons)
• 2x Anti-Fighter Missile Racks, each carrying 16x S3 Missiles
As with other ships, feedback we receive through our usual channels and information gathered and received during playtesting and balancing may necessitate revisions of a ship’s hardpoint complement. Our primary focus will always be ensuring that any new additions to the game not only fulfill their intended roles, but also work in harmony with the vision and design intentions across the entire game.

So both the Polaris and Javelin seem capable of launching four torpedo's at a time.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Will you be able to launch these from orbit? Base building doesn't look so attractive an option if 4x s12 Torpedoes from a Javelin can just fall out of the sky on you, and TEST has one in the Org garage...

"Hey, I'm just taking the Org Javelin for a spin."
"Who pissed you off this time?"
"...wanna watch a base blow up?"
"I'll grab the marshmallows and toasting forks."
You hit what seems to me the real issue for attacking bases with cap ships--range. I would not be so afraid of the S12 Torps as the S7 spinal mounts on the Javelin. Without wasting ordinance, it should be able to rain destruction on bases so long as it can get in range. Spinal mount "cap ship weapons" are in many ways more dread than Torps since you can fire them forever without concern of running out of ordinance. Torps should be harder to avoid than big guns, but it is usually the big (anti-ship) guns that define Cap ships. This is one reason many people do not consider Corvettes to be cap ships--they don't usually have the same size guns as a Frigate and larger. BTW, if we can take the Vanduul ships as an example (which seems fair) the SC storyline is the Vanduul did destroy at least one base with a pair of Void Bombers, so they were able to get close enough to use their spinal mounts. It looks like you will be able to use S7 guns against bases.

Yes and yes.

The next largest torpedo is from the Polaris at 10m x 1m , and they have 28 of them. However the Polaris only has two launch bays.
I think the Polaris is 4X8 S3 launchers and 4X7 S10 launchers. They have screwed up the description page since they marketed the ship but that was in the early explanations when they were selling it. Certainly there will be at least 4 S3 and 4 S10 launchers. That is the primary firepower against big ships and small. If you want a true missile boat, it is the Polaris. There are twin S3 ventral and dorsal and 4 S10 on the bow.

Last edited:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Cause its the same girl POI POI and she identifies as a Japanese torpedo destroyer
Aha, I knew I was missing something.

Probably because I can't speak Japanese, however I love the concept of this to small unidentifiable chunks of former torpedo.

Bigcracker

Space Marshal
Feb 2, 2015
RSI Handle
Bigcracker8789
Aha, I knew I was missing something.

Probably because I can't speak Japanese, however I love the concept of this to small unidentifiable chunks of former torpedo.
If you like it, its called Kancolle. Its basically girls with ships attached to them. It's Japanese and weird as fuck, I only know of this because my best friend is weaboo.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
If you like it, its called Kancolle. Its basically girls with ships attached to them. It's Japanese and weird as fuck, I only know of this because my best friend is weaboo.
Watched a few minutes on Youchoob. Didn't honestly expect it to be people with bits of ship stuck to them. Mmmm.

Forgot your password?