Where do we set up for 3.3

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
With the introduction of Hurston, and the four moons surrounding it, we now have a significant opportunity to test out both new and old areas, but to also experience some of the “joys” that long distance travel will force on us...like meeting up for events and such.

So, do we want to continue to set up and make our home at Crusader, or do we want to make a major move to Hurston. Do we want to do both and just realize we might have to log in earlier to move our people and our ships so that we can be at out gatherings on time?

While primarily directed @Black Sunder and the rest of the Rock Raiders, I would love to see what others think as well. That Said, Sunder, what are you thinking? I will wait to hear your thoughts, then post my own as it is more of a pro/con list than a solid reasoning about one way or the other.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
With the introduction of Hurston, and the four moons surrounding it, we now have a significant opportunity to test out both new and old areas, but to also experience some of the “joys” that long distance travel will force on us...like meeting up for events and such.

So, do we want to continue to set up and make our home at Crusader, or do we want to make a major move to Hurston. Do we want to do both and just realize we might have to log in earlier to move our people and our ships so that we can be at out gatherings on time?

While primarily directed @Black Sunder and the rest of the Rock Raiders, I would love to see what others think as well. That Said, Sunder, what are you thinking? I will wait to hear your thoughts, then post my own as it is more of a pro/con list than a solid reasoning about one way or the other.
Good question, my natural first reaction to "Where do we set up" was "At the pub" so I think TEST needs a concerted effort to explore all of the drinking establishments across the system and grade them for suitability before finally deciding where would be best to establish a general base point - at the moment the best bar is in Levski near the Grand Barter so right here and right now that would be the natural congregation point for any TESTie, but who knows what fine drinking establishments are going to be in Hurston?

The holy grail of drinking dens is, of course, the million mile high club - as it's only available to those who have pledged over $10k and the TEST prefect pledge is the Aurora Starter Pack at $45 (when you attain the perfection of the Aurora why try harder?) it may have to remain "The promised land"...

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
If there ever comes a time a location is found that has most of everything RR can reasonably need/want or within easy distance I would totally say "We suggest you base here for these X, Y, Z reasons.". They will be legitimate well thought out reasons but it is ultimately up to the person.

Last edited:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Has anyone else seen their sig graphics go Gigantor on them? I like it but it is as bit much.
Yep, I see Director Gunnar has his in a quote box which has kept it manageable during this difficult time.

marctek

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 7, 2015
RSI Handle
Marctek
Set up where you want to and travel to the get together location a day before. Easy.
If there ever comes a time a location is found that has most of everything RR can reasonably need/want or within easy distance I would totally say "We suggest you base here for these X, Y, Z reasons.". They will be legitimate well thought out reasons but it is ultimately up to the person.
Planning or doing what I want? I can't function without someone telling me what to do or where to be.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Yeah, but that was months ago. I'll have to see what I can do to resize it, but haven't time at present. Just seemed odd. Didn't have this trouble until the change.

Reactions: Mich Angel
Forgot your password?