Which should be the next SURPRISE ship to go live?

GriffinGamingRPG

Space Marshal
Apr 11, 2016
RSI Handle
GriffinGamingRPG
This survey is completely hypothetical but which three (3) larger scale ships would you like to see CIG unexpectedly drop in-game for players and in what order?

1. Aegis Dynamics - Idris
2. Anvil Aerospace - Crucible
3. Anvil Aerospace - Carrack
4. Banu - Merchantman
5. Consolidated Outland - Pioneer
6. Crusader - Genesis Starlifter (A2, C2, M2)
7. Crusader - Genesis Starliner
8. Drake Interplanetary - Kraken
9. MISC - Endeavor
10. MISC - Hull (C,D,E)
11. Origin Systems - 890 Jump
12. RSI - Orion
13. RSI - Polaris

ME:
1. Pioneer (so Orgs can start building bases)
2. Orion (for more satisfying mining experience)
3. Genesis Starlifter (to transport vehicles)

Alderin-Landed-Snow-Shot (1).jpg

RSI_Orion_Situ1b_150219_GH.jpg

CRUS_Starlifter_Promo_Basic_Landed_MO01-Squashed.jpg

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
1. Endeavor - Maximum salt from all other concept ship owners, as it was claimed to be the last to be built at concept launch. I have a theory that the Hope version could be an S42 asset but have no proof for that, just a hunch, because you're going to have to spawn somewhere...?
2. Hull C - They have already built it, they are just getting the physics grids to mesh/ship docking to work.
3. Carrot - It's being worked on right now, no reason why it wouldn't be on/near the top of the Gib list.

Last edited:

Michael

Space Marshal
Sep 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Pewbaca
As Hull C; Carrack and 890J is already scheduled i took them of the list for me.

-> = why

1. Banu - Merchantman -> Interested in that ship and how it behaves. Also a yeah for player owned shops. Might want it instead of Hull C. (undecided yet)
2. Crusader - Genesis Starliner -> yeah for new passenger transport gameplay
3. RSI - Orion -> Not really interested in the ship, but also would love to see advanced mining gameplay.

Currenty my most anticipated ship is Hull C (Docking ftw)

Well actually i really want to see more fleshed out gameplay and not necessarily new ships

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
This survey is completely hypothetical but which three (3) larger scale ships would you like to see CIG unexpectedly drop in-game for players and in what order?

4. Banu - Merchantman
9. MISC - Endeavor
10. MISC - Hull (C,D,E)
12. RSI - Orion
13. RSI - Polaris

ME:

View attachment 13402

View attachment 13404

View attachment 13405

Am I the only one who hopes that the Carrack, Orion, and Polaris are taking their sweet time in the ship pipeline. Especially after the joy that is the 600 ended up being and the poor layout of the Starfarer, I'd rather they take their time to be crafted well.

We know the Idris is complete or almost complete but will not be put in the PU until after SQ42. The Hull C is complete but is having issues with the game engine physics grid. The 890J continues to drag its heels to release. The Carrack is already on the road map and should be finished by the end of the year. The merchantman should start in the pipeline after the defender is completed.

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
Am I the only one who hopes that the Carrack, Orion, and Polaris are taking their sweet time in the ship pipeline. Especially after the joy that is the 600 ended up being and the poor layout of the Starfarer, I'd rather they take their time to be crafted well.
I have a similar hope with the Defender and how that'll drive the BMM.

MurderingPsycho

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 10, 2018
RSI Handle
Zombie_Bait
I really wish this wasn't true, but good point.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane

4. Banu - Merchantman
9. MISC - Endeavor
10. MISC - Hull (C,D,E)
12. RSI - Orion
13. RSI - Polaris

ME:

View attachment 13402

View attachment 13404

View attachment 13405
"which three (3) larger scale ships would you like to see CIG unexpectedly drop in-game for players and in what order?"
Since the 890J & the Carrack are both scheduled to be flight ready at some point this year, they don't qualify for the question. CIG has also made it clear that the ships like the Jav, Idris & Polaris won't be released into the PU of SC until after SQ42 is released to help the exploration & use of those ships be key parts of the game.

So my order of the 3 I'd like to have dropped into the PU by surprise as flight ready are:

1 - Banu Merchantman
2 - MISC Hull (A, B, C, D, E)
3 - RSI Orion
4 - Consolidated Outlands Pioneer

My reasoning is that to build the outposts with the Pioneer, you will need to farm the resources with the Orion & then transport them with the BMM & Hulls to the site.

What they will actually sell, is a Death Star-like small moon sized base for orgs, for the low sum of 500k usd!
While I doubt that they would sell anything like this for this cost, I would love to see them offer backers the chance to purchase customizable space stations in various UEE controlled systems. Unfortunately those won't be purchasable for anything less than $5k+ each at base level.

Last edited:
Forgot your password?