Who is going to BritizenCon? (July 23rd, Manchester, UK)

Will you be coming to the BritizenCon in July 2016?

• Total voters

Floating Cloud

Space Marshal
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Floating_Cloud
I'm game, I moved to Manchester a few months ago.

Where can a testis acquire said TEST shirt and patches?
Oops, I missed your post at the time. There is an American 'design your own T Shirt' company who you can make use of. Several Test Squad shirt variants have been set up to choose from. There is a thread pinned in the Marketplace forum (https://testsquadron.com/threads/test-t-shirts-are-here.2845/)

Shipping to the UK is not cheap, so personally I am popping over to America in a couple of days to pick one up.

Floating Cloud

Space Marshal
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Floating_Cloud
One week to go. I've just been looking into parking at the event, and 'delegate' parking is £9 for the day. I've spoken to the hotel and there is no need (or option for delegates) to pre-book spots, so we can just sort it on arrival.

Did anything get organised regarding promoting the org whilst we are there? I picked up a yellow Test T-shirt whilst over in America, so I'm looking forward to 'flying the flag', but if there's a hand needed with anything else then I'm up for that.

Incidentally my youngest daughter has just told me that she really wants to come too, but that she needs to work on a costume. I think she's teasing me.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Arrggh it's only a week away!!! I have not done anything organisational, have not booked a hotel or train ticket, have not got any test squadron clothes/costumes or merchandise. Arrghhh busy week!!

Will drive up if necessary to catch up with my UK testies!!

Reactions: Floating Cloud

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Ok hotel booked train tickets booked Butuz is Test Ready Best Ready!!! Look forwards to meeting y'all!

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Who's [EXCITED] ??? I am! :D

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Ichiw00t!

Ok so according to my calculations we should have:
Butuz
Myre_TEST
Ichiru
Floating Cloud
James Hannon
Stoutman
Sofiegrl

Maybe:
Trick Shot Bob??

Sending trick shot a message now.

Floating Cloud

Space Marshal
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Floating_Cloud
11.55am - Ok, arrived at the hotel and poked my head into the conference room where things are being set up. Spotted Bored gamer, and in fact the event is currently labelled with his name, which I assume will be updated on the board in the next hour or so (I chatted to Richard, one of the organisers and apparently Bored has been handling the finances, so presumably that's why).
Pro tip: when logging on to the hotel wifi just choose guest access (no password needed). Don't choose 'conference guest'.

12.05pm - All quiet so far. Chatted to Andrew who came up on the train. If you see a bearded chap wandering around with a bag over one shoulder and a macbook on one arm then that will be him most likely. He isn't too familiar with Star Citizen, but is starting a Fanzine and thought this convention might provide some good material for an article. Nice guy.

I am chilling in my car at the moment while charging up the phone, will head back in and find the bar shortly, where I assume that my fellow early arrivees are congregated :)

Murderer

Space Marshal
Jun 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Murderer
Have fun everyone!!! Make sure you take some pictures !!

Yex

Space Marshal
Mar 15, 2015
RSI Handle
Yex
Tickets are bought! Count me in!
Will be making the trip down from London and may perhaps spend the night at a hotel.

Spoke with one of the organizers and they could see that we get a table for advertising the Org etc. Must speak to Great Leader!

Editing the title for clarity.

Le wilde Myre appears

Floating Cloud

Space Marshal
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Floating_Cloud

Le wilde Myre appears
Excellent panel. I really enjoyed that. For a moment it looked like we might actually get a glimpse of Myre without his hat, but it was not to be. He's such a tease.

Designer's Dev panel next. Brian Chambers is here, but not on that.

Last edited:

Floating Cloud

Space Marshal
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Floating_Cloud
...so Brian Chambers was actually on the dev panel. I filmed the whole thing, and if nobody puts up a better version I will post that later. I'm sitting up front, and so the camera angle means that I largely just have heads poking over the top of the panel's table, and there was an unfortunate 'finger tap on the screen' incident that will have lost a few seconds, but on the whole it's good stuff.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Hey it was great to meet my fellow Testies. I wore my test t shirt that I made proudly!!!!

Floating Cloud

Space Marshal
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Floating_Cloud
Hey it was great to meet my fellow Testies. I wore my test t shirt that I made proudly!!!!
It was indeed great. We had a good Test Squad turnout (and yes, that was an awesome T shirt - respect! :))

I had to dash pretty sharpish (childcare, and the convention ran a little late), so to anyone that I missed when saying my goodbyes let me just say that it was great to see you folks. Big shout out to Myre, who was very eloquent on the panel.

Oh, and woohoo - I won an HCS voice pack in the raffle, so pretty soon I should have Brian Blessed as my co-co-pilot alongside William Shatner. It's getting crowded in my 'verse ;)

The three mouseketeers:

Last edited:

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Hah great photo I was beginning to think no one had got a photo of me!!

Yeh I won a voicepack too! How do we go about claiming it?

Forgot your password?