Will there be a new promo ship for this intel Optane partnership?

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
https://www.pcinvasion.com/leaked-reveal-star-citizen-intel-optane-ssds

So kinda old news but there's supposed to be an intel optane partnership reveal at citcon this year.

If I'm not mistaken, last time we had a real hardware partnership (AMD) we got this

So... can we expect a new promo ship as an incentive to buy an Optane SSD for SC?
maybe a variant of ......

And if so, how do you suppose we can secure one? Sometimes promos can be hard to find based on region.

CrudeSasquatch

Space Marshal
Jan 1, 2016
RSI Handle
CrudeSasquatch
I'd rather get an SSD free with a ship. Especially if it's black and yellow.
So... let's say I buy a JPEG for 300$, and get a free picture of an AMD processor... but if I buy an AMD processor for 399$ I get a free JPEG?
What the HELL!?~??! That's not fair.
I want that shit to go either way.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
My question is would some or all of the purchase price of the SSD be logged in your account pushing you closer to concierge? Or is the ships actual value 0.0001 of a penny like they always put on those McDoanalds Monopoly give-aways?

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
Doubt I can fit an Optain SSD in my laptop. So, what ever Intel is doing i'll hold off opinion.
There's a phantom..... of truth in that.... see what I did there? lmao

Bruce

Grand Admiral
May 23, 2017
RSI Handle
ABAP
So... can we expect a new promo ship as an incentive to buy an Optane SSD for SC?
Hmmm ... now I start being concerned on whether this "game changing ship" will be just a promo thing :(
As for ssd itself - it could be logical step to buy it for the people who anyway was planning to upgrade to i7-8700 + z370 ... for the rest - 960 pro is good enough ... I wouldn't be surprised if there is no OS level support for Optane till ~ H2 2018 or even H1 2019

Forgot your password?