Wish i had recorded it😤

Scape

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 2, 2019
RSI Handle
Scape_TEST
The few hours i get to jump into the verse are usually a quiet affair, i'm ROC mining my way up atm to buy a prospector. I jump in for an hour or two, mine then sell and leave.

But a few nights ago i had a random encounter that was the most fun i have had in the verse in a long time.
so if you have a spare 5 min....

I spawned in Grim Hex, hit F12 so i dont need to see people moaning about bugs. since the drug labs are now visible to see i had tried my hand drug smuggling on last login.
Only to find grim hex dont buy slam😤....

So i summon my Mercury and head to Arcorp Mining 157 on yela, it was pitch dark. (my goto vehicle spawn location)
Head inside and get my ROC claim and expedited.....whos got 3 min to waste?

I jump in, drive to my mercury...jump out and open the ramp, jump back in....🥱...vehicle in ship spawn cant come quick enough.

I never mine close to locations as a rule, usually flying out quite far while dropping power low enough to be Stealth....however this time on my first scan over Arcorp Mining 157 i had found a small cluster of Hadanite, which was very unusual because id only been finding Dolovine lately. Id say i was roughly 1000m away from 157.

Out i go and start mining, 4 rocks down and 1 to go. The last one i overcooked and the Hadanite scatterd hundreds of meters. I methodically hoovered up the goods. Then it happened, my screen shook and flashed....like when you glitch through the floor so i jumped out and ran behind a large rock nearby thinking i had fallen victim to Alpha gameplay. I expected to see my ROC going underground like it was eaten by a Graboid. But no.

Overhead 3 Buckaneers circled me with Blinding lights and were bombarding my poor ROC with guns. Its surprisingly tough, it took a pounding before it popped.

In turn, all 3 ships turned their lights on me, but didnt shoot as i cowered behind the boulder. I hoped that they couldnt see me. I hit F12 and instantly notice they had been threatening me for quite a while but with my chat off i hadnt seen it.

[Enemy] "..scape_tel its 1000 auec and we let you go"

[Me] "1000? Thats cheap"

[Enemy] "transfer it to me"

I did consider it, 1000 was very reasonable for having to respawn.

[Me] Not as cheap as your sister was last night though.

I never do fps so i never buy alot of guns. I had 30 rounds in my handgun and some sort of automatic with a spare mag.
I unloaded on one of the ships for no real reason other than i was having fun.

The shots rained down on my boulder, i was getting hurt as my screen was going blurry and then they stopped. A loud bang shook my screen as i croutched around to look only to see a cutlass black had engaged them.
Im assuming they had red markers? Either way my shining knight was doing a sterling job. I did see him take one down in a blaze of light that illuminated the barren landscape.
I took my chance and sprinted for 157, i really wish i could have watched the battle taking place over my head in the dark skies.

Anyway a few explosions later and roughly 200m from 157 my body gets flung into the air and hit the ground hard.
I went into a sort of last stand animation with a handgun in one hand as i shiffled on my butt to find any sort of cover.....there was none. 2 remaining buckaneers closed in on me like before

[Enemy] you dead

[Me] Your Grammar is shit.

I fired off a few pointless rounds, like tom hanks to the tank at the end of saving private ryan.

I woke up in Grim Hex.

Honestly it was so much fun and it rekindled my love for Star Citizen for a while at least. Its made me consider my loadout alot more, and medipens which i never carried before.

I just wish i had recorded it!!!

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Nice encounter, but I'll be pissed off do to the loss of cargo...

A little advice: while mining always pay attention to the radar: planet like Daymar are usually empty, so if you are in the middle of noware and somone apprach you the safest assumption is that he's hostile, especially if is coming with a Buccaneer...
In that case just run for the MSR, close the ramp and fly away: they either can't get you or can't do any serius damage...

BTW: it's only a feeling or the south emisphere of Daymar is hotter the the north one??
I always find the Pembroke suite to be a hard requirement for day minig around 157, while if I start in the north emisphere I just need to use it for the hottest hours...

Scape

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 2, 2019
RSI Handle
Scape_TEST
Nice encounter, but I'll be pissed off do to the loss of cargo...

A little advice: while mining always pay attention to the radar: planet like Daymar are usually empty, so if you are in the middle of noware and somone apprach you the safest assumption is that he's hostile, especially if is coming with a Buccaneer...
In that case just run for the MSR, close the ramp and fly away: they either can't get you or can't do any serius damage...

BTW: it's only a feeling or the south emisphere of Daymar is hotter the the north one??
I always find the Pembroke suite to be a hard requirement for day minig around 157, while if I start in the north emisphere I just need to use it for the hottest hours...
Yea i kind of forgot about my MSR in the heat of things, ramp would have been closed anyway. Im kind of ocd with closing it. Yea i use both Novikov and Pembroke armours, the frosting up is still a pain though

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
Ya these encounters are what make SC fun, its sad they don't happen more often, I usually log in do some easy combat missions or search/recovery missions but usually little activity. This is where server size makes a difference, we need to be going up but sadly we are going down to 40 at some point at least last I heard. 40 people you will be lucky to even run into anyone unless its a hot spot. :(

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I'm waiting for theorycraft tracker bullets so I can bury a round in their hull and find where they got to and get some revenge later :)

I had a great time with a guy once, I jumped in his ship while he was in Kareah and then F12'd him saying I had planted a tracking device on his Hornet. As I'd been inside his ship it showed a marker like it was mine, and then followed him everywhere he went. I finally let on how i'd done it and we had a laugh about it.

Incidentally I carry two weapons - A WowBlast sponge dart gun and a Scourge rail gun, one extreme to the other. Just need to learn how to use the Scourge, I've only fired it once before!

• Glorious
Reactions: Bambooza and Scape

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Yea i kind of forgot about my MSR in the heat of things, ramp would have been closed anyway. Im kind of ocd with closing it. Yea i use both Novikov and Pembroke armours, the frosting up is still a pain though
Well you don't really need to do that...
I mean if you land on a station that is really a must if you'll like to find your ship again (and in the future with phisicalised cargo even more...), but in the middel of noware, there is really little to warry about ship being stolen: just keep an eye on the ROC radar, if something else pop out and close in then you may want to fall back to the ship and be prepared to either fight or run...

I'm waiting for theorycraft tracker bullets so I can bury a round in their hull and find where they got to and get some revenge later :)

I had a great time with a guy once, I jumped in his ship while he was in Kareah and then F12'd him saying I had planted a tracking device on his Hornet. As I'd been inside his ship it showed a marker like it was mine, and then followed him everywhere he went. I finally let on how i'd done it and we had a laugh about it.
LOL... I whouldn't reveal the trick, it whould have leave him more scared...

Incidentally I carry two weapons - A WowBlast sponge dart gun and a Scourge rail gun, one extreme to the other. Just need to learn how to use the Scourge, I've only fired it once before!
Hmm not really a best weapon for FPS encounter especially in close quarter like a ship... I'll suggest you carry around another small weapon, like a SMG or a Gallant ...

Forgot your password?