Would you pay more for TEST Products in SC

Buying/Selling to TEST members?

• I would be more likely to buy TEST made products even at a higher price

• I would not buy TEST products if they were at a higher price than other options

• I would be willing to sell my products to fellow TEST members at a discounted price

• I would not discount my products for TEST members.

Results are only viewable after voting.

RedFaction

Captain
Mar 15, 2017
RSI Handle
RedFaction
As the title says, would you pay more for products (Equipment,ships, Materials) that came from other members of TEST, as opposed to getting them a cheaper from third party sources (Ie public markets). Essentially both products are identical for the sake of this, and both are relatively convenient to acquire. This also raises the question as to whether producers would be willing to discount their products internally to fellow Testies. In both cases this does not represent selling things to specific people in TEST, I am sure we would all give Montoya a discount, but a question as to whether we would give discounts towards TEST members in general.

Really I was just interested in seeing if people felt that paying a bit more, or losing out on significant profits was worth it if it mean't giving other members a bit of support.

Input and thoughts are also welcome!

P.S. You can Vote twice, so once for each question.

Last edited:

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I'm always willing to sell whatever I can spare to the wonderful members of TEST Squadron at cost even if that is less than I would get from a vender. (Especially if I would have to travel to deliver the product to the vender.) This being said, if all of the items being bought, sold or traded are even, I'd prefer to buy from TEST members if the prices match the cost from venders even if I have to travel to acquire it from a member over the vender. Hopefully this strategy will benefit those I buy & sell from in TEST.

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
I'd sell at a discount for TEST members, but I'm not sure I'd pay extra just because it's TEST-made. If your price and quality are competitive on the market (and why wouldn't they be?), I'll give you my business.

Xenorak

Grand Admiral
Jul 12, 2016
RSI Handle
Xenorak
I've hooked some friends up in plenty of games, or outright with a game.

But when it comes to saving coin on the same product I'll go for the lower price and get potentially more product. Which in the case of an in-game resource lets me turn a larger profit depending on the purpose.

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
I will buy and sell at market prices.

People who buy from me get a local product without the need to transport, so they inherently save time + money.

When I buy from others I also get a local product without the need to transport, inherently saving time + money.

I see no benefit to buying cheaper and selling cheaper - we already benefit from working together.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
I wouldn't want to may more to buy from a testie but I would pay less, and indeed I would charge less to verified/active testies. Surely that is one of the benefits of being in an org, we help each other out!

Wolfy

Space Kitty
Donor
Apr 27, 2017
RSI Handle
WolfytheWarlock
Hell, if I am already making a run through an area I will provide intelligence services for a discounted rate or at cost for TEST members. Drinks are at cost at Wolfy's Den as well! And I would honestly probably buy on the open market if it is cheaper there, i'm gonna be throwing lots of money into the org, I have to cut costs in some area's.

Takeiteasy

Admiral
May 21, 2017
RSI Handle
Takeiteasy
I would pay more to show my appreciation and discount to members as well, would depend on the situation, if a member asked me to buy something because they are saving up for a super cool new item I would pay more, if someone wants to trade me to build up some cash I will discount it.

It's only fair to help everyone out when possible though, I play WoW and you see a lot of "please give me money!!!!1" I ignore that idiot but if they say "Can someone spare 100g so I can get this cool item?" I will usually be happy to help that person out.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Personally I would give TESTies a healthy discount, depending on the cost of making whatever it is we could make.

Right now SC is concentrating on more important aspects of the game. But this touches on something really interesting, how much can we build ourselves, and from what raw materials. I certainly hope we can do ship decals and paints, uniform colors but that is very very basic. The actual possibilities are virtually endless. There are some very successful games that start with nothing, and almost everything is constructed by players.

The company Linden Labs (Second Life/Sansar and a few other things like that) has a transparent model for how an in game micro-economy works, and they earn $75 million annually from their fee from Second Life marketplace transactions. In that case, Linden Labs give players a blank canvas, and they create everything.

I'm not saying that's the way SC should go, but just to say that what's in the realm of possibility includes everything.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
What? (your statement is confusing). I shop at walmart and harbor frieght all the time, despite who owns them.
Exactly. It wasn't a criticism, it was agreement. You asked why would you pay more, my answer was "It is a good question" - as in why would you pay more for something when you can just go to Harbor Freight or Walmart.

Forgot your password?