Would you want to work at CIG?

GarikDuvall

Space Marshal
Donor
Dec 3, 2018
RSI Handle
Garik_Duvall
I saw that one of the offices has a Janitor position open. 😊
While no to 'janitor', I have to say when I saw the 'Office Manager/Admin' position I actually thought about it for a minute. Though then reality set back in that that is a different career field and i live on the East Coast. But it'd still be cool to work there in a support role.

Reactions: Deroth

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
I wouldn't mind being involved in the lore or ship design concepts but actually doing coding or graphic design sitting behind a computer all day looking at numbers and lines....... meh

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
I found CIG's most recent videos about their offices around the world very inspiring. What do you think?

Wilmslow, UK

Austin, TX

Frankfurt, DE

Los Angeles, CA
As someone that has run QA for a CG company, no. Not even for mid to high 6 figures, and paying me to move to Texas.

Hybus

Space Marshal
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Hybus
I am a Telecom Engineer, doing both hardware and software design, and no way in hell would I want to work for them. Personally I've found every time I tried to do something I loved as a career, ended up hating it. Even in the diving community, all the commercial divers I know refuse to do it for recreational purposes.

Nijal_Lun

Vice Admiral
Dec 5, 2018
RSI Handle
Nijal_Lun
If I had the skill set I probably would. However my expertise is IBM Mainframes / RPGILE Programming & database development for Healthcare systems and enjoy what I currently do. Plus...I work remote 🙂

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I dunno, Manchester would be a hell of a commute... 6 hours of my day would be spent in the car but I would get to drive through the Pennines each day.

That said my special skill of "sodding about" might come in handy - for instace I saw the 4 videos there and was like "What would happen if I played all 4 at once?"

Yeah, it was a jumble, but I bet no one else tried it - Interesting when the audio almost matches up for most of them when they are all saying "opens doors" and "Very Rewarding" almost at the same time 🙂

Last edited:

Horatus

Space Marshal
Nov 2, 2017
RSI Handle
Horatus
They have an DevOps position that I want to take, but its very unfocused, its hard to tell what they want exactly.
They may not know themselves. DevOps has been a very fluid position and will continue to be so for a while to come. Apply, what is the worst that can happen?

Last edited:

DorianSkyphire

Space Marshal
Nov 29, 2016
RSI Handle
DorianSkyphire
in a heartbeat.. but without industry experience (I'm a Sr IT Project Manager of 20 years), it's unlikely they'll consider me. I've applied to many roles and no pings back.

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
They may not know themselves. DevOps has been a very fluid position and will continue to be so for a while to come. Apply, what is the worst that can happen?
Once you get a position with CIG, i dont think you can affiliate with other orgs: meaning you gotta cut ties with TEST, the BEST.

Forgot your password?