Wow.....

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast
This message may sound late but.... who cares ;)

Long time member and backer and just played for the first time since the original star marine completion. My only connection to SC is emails, this forum, a few YouTube feeds from official, and watching glorious Montoya videos.

And wow. The had the day off due to Holiday and spent it playing SC. First time on the new gaming rig and loved every single second of it. First time I landed on a plant or loaded cargo.... just amazing and I felt like a damn kid.

If your like me and have been holding off till something big has been released now is a good time to check in. I plan on running a mission a night and build up my UEC and perhaps even get back into racing and dog fighting glory.....

Once more Test is the greatest community and man we are finally gettting the game we all wished for.

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
Once more Test is the greatest community and man we are finally gettting the game we all wished for.
Well actually, it's members like yourself that make Test Squardon the "Best Damn Org in the Verse", but I get yer point. And yes we are. My son who bought a starter package three years ago and never even installed it is finally playing and is loving it.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
I'm in the same boat. Need to pull a couple grand out of my ass to update my rig. Not a chance that will happen before May. But I did manage to tweek my system from 5 fps to 15 fps. It took a solid week of trial and error, but it was worth it. Most of the bugs vanished too.

But breathtaking views. This morning, I was standing on Yela, near Deakins looking at Crusader peeking over the horizon. A cutlass begain landing at the foreground. It looked fantastic, it could almost have been a movie. Last night I got into combat (with an NPC) and my ship went into a spin at one point. I actually got a bit of vertigo, in a game!

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
3.0 is admittedly buggier than CGI planned, another 2-3 weeks in PTU would've been huge but would've wrecked their schedule for 2018.

Still, it is a lot of fun and if you have questions about running cargo or making aUEC feel free to ask me (broke 16 mil yesterday despite spending most of the weekend trying out missions instead of running cargo.)

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace

EpilepticCricket

Space Marshal
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
EpilepticCricket
I just got 3.0 installed over the weekend and it looks like I'm snowed in for a couple of days so I'll have a good chance to check it all out. It's been about 6 months since I last launched the game. I just know it's gonna be gooooood!

Takeiteasy

Admiral
May 21, 2017
RSI Handle
Takeiteasy
This is how you truly experience the latest content, wait for the big release and play it for a few days, then wait for the next one and do the same, if your goal is feeling like a kid at the wonder and scale and sheer size of the project in general then this is the best way to really enjoy it.

It aint great from a reporting standpoint but really if you invested more than a few hundred dollars then people can't complain that you are not doing testing and QA and reporting and all that stuff. You bought an experience and a huge final product, not a second job.

I am doing a similar thing, when 3.0 came out I rushed in, bugs everywhere and spent a bit of reporting them and trying to test others but damn what a huge time sink, I can't commit to that with a family, job and beer.

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast
Was able to explore even more of 3.0 today... ran some more cargo runs in a Connie and some combat missions in the super hornet. I had some ass clinching moments when passing a cutlass crew that landed and popped shots at me from their side arms. Luckily my star marine training kicked in (and they were bad shots) and didn’t get hit.

Its true, those videos are amazing!
Yeah. But needs more.... cowbell? Hell im surprised when I saw that we are getting videos like every week. Do we need to tell your wife you have to much free time. Ha.

Forgot your password?