WTB a BUK

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Hey guys,
I am looking to buy either a Sentinel or a Harbinger BUK.

Can anyone help me out. :)

Thanks.

• o7
Reactions: Blind Owl

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
I have a 6 months Harby BUK for sale. Previous owner was... @Blind Owl wonders why haha (private joke;) ). In my signature shop.
I picked up a Warden BUK from Director Gunner a while back, with 6 months insurance. I own a Warden with LTI after some shuffling last Anniversary sale. I prefer the way it flies. This anniversary sale I was going to pick up a CCU (but not apply it yet) to the Vanguard I didn't have a BUK for. Now, I know which. :)

If the Redeemer isn't going to have troop seats, then I hope I can, eventually, get a Hoplite module.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Iirc according to the BUK Q&A there is no hoplite BUK. Only warden, harbinger and sentinel.
Correct, but according to the "all about ships, where they talked about the Vanguard reworkm they opened that door, since ships are now the same.

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
Correct, but according to the "all about ships, where they talked about the Vanguard reworkm they opened that door, since ships are now the same.
Replying to another post I just reread that info ;

The Vanguard Hoplite is a variant of the Vanguard Warden and does not have a Module hardpoint inside to take any of the other three items, it can still mount the nose and turret items from other vanguards however.

Source : https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/16205-The-Shipyard-Variants-And-Modules

If your source is more recent I'd like to read that!

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Replying to another post I just reread that info ;

The Vanguard Hoplite is a variant of the Vanguard Warden and does not have a Module hardpoint inside to take any of the other three items, it can still mount the nose and turret items from other vanguards however.

Source : https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/16205-The-Shipyard-Variants-And-Modules

If your source is more recent I'd like to read that!
Which is from long before the Vanguard rework. I can't find the video at the moment. I will update if/when I do find it. They didn't say there would be a Hoplite module, but they implied it was now possible. In
View: https://youtu.be/kF7GF4W12JE
they talk about how the hull was unified between the Hoplite and the rest of the Vanguards, which was not the case when the statement you referenced was made. IIRC there is a video after that one, about the rework, but I can't find it with a quick search. (Funny since Google owns Youtube.)

Cromwell

Admiral
May 11, 2020
RSI Handle
Cromwell_Whitt
She's long gone my friend. Sorry.
No worries, I have the Warden and Harb BUKs, intending to apply those to my Sentinel. I was thinking that I might rather apply the components to the heavier hull of the Harbinger instead of the Sentinal. When I saw the thread I thought I would speak up. Thanks for the reply.

Cromwell

• o7

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
No worries, I have the Warden and Harb BUKs, intending to apply those to my Sentinel. I was thinking that I might rather apply the components to the heavier hull of the Harbinger instead of the Sentinal. When I saw the thread I thought I would speak up. Thanks for the reply.

Cromwell
The armor, or lack thereof, is supposed to be part of the BUK but we won't know for sure until they get to that point.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
The armor, or lack thereof, is supposed to be part of the BUK but we won't know for sure until they get to that point.
I thought I had read at one point that the hulls would retain their armor characteristics and the component change-out would not impact that. Can't cite anything though. Cheers, Cromwell
I think Cromwell may be correct. @Stevetank will probably have more info, he's my ship guru. But if I recall correctly, the reason I went Sentinel was because there was something about the armor/frame that wouldn't be transfer to other Harby frame.

Reactions: vahadar
Forgot your password?