WTB Upgrade to Banu Defender and Pisces Expedition Carrack Upgrade

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
As the title says. Ideally I'd prefer the cheapest path to the Defender as I wish to use real money on their store to support a bit more, but since not all ships are available to purchase all the time, a Prospector would probably be perfect. I have those in buyback.

The Carrack upgrade would be nice, but it's not a huge deal. The prices on Reddit are stupidly expensive for what you get, so I thought I'd try here.

Thanks guys, hope someone has what I'm looking for.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
I think @Stevetank has original Banu Defenders at cost
Was hoping to just find a CCU since every now and again I like to infuse fresh money. Trading around our store credit doesn't really do much for the game. But that may be an option if I can't find anything.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
I have a Taurus to F7C-M CCU and a F7C-M to Banu Defender CCU.

The Taurus is always available for $150.
The F7C-M CCU is in buyback, so it got the price raise ($165 -> $180, a raise if $15), $30.
The Banu Defender CCU also in in buyback, so it also got the price raise ($185 -> $220.... a raise of $35!!!!), $40

That gives you a Banu for $220..... I guess that the $185 was Warbond before price raise. $185 was the store credits price at the 2018 anniversary sale.

Last edited:

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Was hoping to just find a CCU since every now and again I like to infuse fresh money. Trading around our store credit doesn't really do much for the game. But that may be an option if I can't find anything.
Hey @Grimbli , are you going to be interested in doing any trading or cargo hauling in the Verse in the future? If so, I might have a solution for you. You can always purchase $5, $10 & $20 UEC packs from the Pledge Store under Extras within United Earth Credits. Doing so & applying that to your account permanently raises your starting funds each time they perform a wipe. While that might not seem as glamorous as getting a new ship, it is a low cost way to periodically help fund the development that also helps yourself down the road. Even if you don't want to get into trading, starting out after a wipe with more funds means that you have that much more to gear up to enjoying what you like most more quickly.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
That gives you a Banu for $220
I knew they raised it to 220, so that's not a huge deal. Seems a bit convoluted, but I'll keep it in mind. Need to wait a few weeks til tax return, just wanted to post early since a lot of my posts like this dont seem to get traction quickly. Thanks!

You can always purchase $5, $10 & $20 UEC packs from the Pledge Store under Extras within United Earth Credits.
Damn, yeah I forgot about that! I might do that later as I usually grind creds with delivery missions for the mining head. Starting with 100k for the head would definitely be much easier.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
I knew they raised it to 220, so that's not a huge deal. Seems a bit convoluted, but I'll keep it in mind. Need to wait a few weeks til tax return, just wanted to post early since a lot of my posts like this dont seem to get traction quickly. Thanks!

Damn, yeah I forgot about that! I might do that later as I usually grind creds with delivery missions for the mining head. Starting with 100k for the head would definitely be much easier.
100k.. that is 10 mine claim jumper missions, maybe 1 hour playing, 2 at the max when the missions stay bugged. Aim higher!!!

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
100k.. that is 10 mine claim jumper missions, maybe 1 hour playing, 2 at the max when the missions stay bugged. Aim higher!!!
I dont know about 1 hour for 10 Claim Jumper. I usually run Grim Hex boxes. That's 15k per stop, not hard to hit 100k.

But in that hour or two you can make a LOT more mining. So it's more worth it to me to start doing what I want to do at the beginning.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
What are those missions?
Claim jumper missions are the missions where you have to destroy 9 turret sentries at a mining claim. You need a somewhat tanky ship to complete it, but it earns 10 k per claim. You have to fly around from one Lagrangian point to the next, so it consumes some time quantum jumping.
Another option is to do the "Unauthorized surveillance" missions. You get 4 of them around Crusader, earning each 4.5 k.

The best way to earn quick money is to accept all 4 missions, complete them, exit to menu, join a new instance, accept all 4 missions, rinse and repeat.

Forgot your password?