WTF 3.4 / 22

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Yup 3.4 is out and it took 22 jumps to get to Lorville from Port Olisar in my Prospector as I kept getting a message saying thrusters overheating so the QD kept shutting down ???
I had a very similar problem in PTU, not sure if bug or just sucks that much to travel that far in that small of a ship. Have you tried any other ship? Someone mentioned you can overclock the coolers to get a bit more distance between overheats.

Rear_Intruder

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 9, 2017
RSI Handle
Rear_Intruder
Pug find the MFD with your systems listed, Click overclock on your coolers and you will be okay, which ship have you got? I can do the full distance in my 315p with standard coolers overclocked, or I could in the PTU anyway I will try 3.4 later.

It kept my heat to about 1700-1800, you could wait until you get the warning and then overclock. I suspect that overclocking will damage your coolers over time so you may have to keep adjusting them in the future. It does not make QT any more fun sadly

wmk

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus

Nijal_Lun

Vice Admiral
Dec 5, 2018
RSI Handle
Nijal_Lun
I had similar issue with the Anvil Arrow when trying to fly from PO to Hurston. I would get right at 4 million km before engines would shut down due to overheating. It's an added feature but I don't think it's balanced out yet.

So for now in smaller ships we all have the following options. Upgrade power plant, coolers and QT Engines. Then overclock the QT Engines. Can't remember if we can overclock the coolers? But if possible I'd suggest that as well. And you might be able to make it completely or at least reduce the number of times you have to allow them to cool off and QT again. 🙂

Other option, have someone give you a ride to Hurston and then claim/retrieve your smaller ships from there.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
They did it intentionally but the community has consistently hated it in the current lack-of-balance.

Turning off weapons (and shields if you're brave enough) helps as well due to reducing load on the coolers.

Reactions: wmk and Blind Owl

Zookajoe

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 6, 2016
RSI Handle
Zookajoe
Took my DUR from Oli to Hurston, no issues at all, in a single jump. Course, it is a long range ship.
EDIT: You can overclock the coolers, the Qauntum Drive, and just about everything else now. So overclocking both should give improved range in short range ship Qauntum Travel.

Sayora

Grand Admiral
Donor
Oct 23, 2018
RSI Handle
Sayora
Smaller ships will totally overheat now, had to turn off the weapons on my Terrapin on a jump from OLI to HUR L4 to keep the drive cool.

But my DUR, and Aquila where fine

atpbx

Space Marshal
Jan 2, 2016
RSI Handle
General Fisting
All you need to do is turn your weapons off when you jump.

If you time it right you can switch them on again just before you drop out and the drives dont overheat before you arrive.

Reactions: Deroth

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
There is no micro manage, messing with turning of other components, that is just a waste of time.

Overclock your coolers and you jump PO - Hur in one jump, only thing you need to keep eye on is fuel.

...To OC coolers they are In ships MFD screen under HEAT.

To find out what cooler you have.. Check in MobiG. ship icon / system. Some ship have two they both need be OC.

Do this before takeoff and you have no problem with overheating...

This apply to any small to medium ship.

CHEERS!!

Last edited:
Reactions: maynard and Deroth
Forgot your password?