[WTS] AMD Mustang Omega Limited Edition Game Package

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
The original MSRP for AMD Mustang Omega is $55 but you cannot melt it down for credits. You can however upgrade the ship and still get $55.

But why would you do that? This ship is more of a collector's item as it is no longer obtainable.

For TEST-main members, $80. Dirty affiliates and guests, $95 :p
Wait what? I thought these were via free promo codes for having bought specific ATI video cards within a specific time period?
Well, lucky I bought one for $50 a couple weeks ago
I know one other person (top secret, but will tell you for your left kidney) which has a promo code still (which makes the omega gift-able once you redeem it), but he's asking $70... some people can afford to literally wipe their butt with $70.. not me.. I have to budget very carefully. But it'd be nice to have a backup Omega.

The second instance is more recent, during the last Anniversary Sale. The AMD Mustang was erroneously included into the Racer Pack, thus making them LTI, but bonded to said pack. Later, Cross Chassis Upgrades to the AMD were inadvertently available for, literally, mere seconds. Some lucky individuals noticed the error and hoarded them.
You just made me feel a whole hell of a lot smarter! Thank you for the extra info, I didn't know the exact details of the CCU Omega situation till now.
So then really would the Racer pack be the best way (best odds) to get LTI for the Omega then? Well.. unless of course something crazy happens for this anniversary sale. *eagerly waits in anticipation

makute

Space Marshal
Jun 2, 2016
RSI Handle
VishMainha
which has a promo code still (which makes the omega gift-able once you redeem it)
He wont get SQ42 with that code then. Any AMD code redeemed after January 2015 lacks the Squadron 42 game.

would the Racer pack be the best way (best odds) to get LTI for the Omega then?
Statistically, yes, those AMD Omega included in the Speed Demon Package (I just recalled its correct name) could be the most common form of a LTI AMD ship. Economically, well... those packages went for $410 last sale, so one which includes an AMD Omega could easily sell for $600 nowadays.

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
Economically, well... those packages went for $410 last sale, so one which includes an AMD Omega could easily sell for $600 nowadays.
Just did a google search to refresh knowledge, seems sometime around 2015, if there was an AMD Omega in the speed demon pack it was then removed and was also limited to 3 year insurance for the pack? I'm not finding any details on Speed Demon packs before 2015 with an AMD Omega... are you implying someone CCU'd one of the ships to an AMD Omega and that the pack pre-2015 had LTI? Do you have any references I can read? just curious. I couldn't find anything right away.

makute

Space Marshal
Jun 2, 2016
RSI Handle
VishMainha
I'm not finding any details on Speed Demon packs before 2015 with an AMD Omega...
My apologies, you're right, the Speed Demon package didn't come with LTI, only 3 years insurance, and was only available during the 2015 Anniversary Sale. In fact, as you can see here, once they fixed the package to leave the Omega out of it, the price was reduced accordingly (from $410 to $360).

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Don't ask how much a rare LTI one goes for :rolleyes:
I obtained my Mustang Omega : AMD Edition back in Oct 2014. As much as this limited edition ship deserves to have come with LTI, I was told by a GM recently that since they were part of a cross-promotion they are unable to be upgraded from the "2 Month Insurance" to being LTI.

Takeiteasy

Admiral
May 21, 2017
RSI Handle
Takeiteasy
I looked for one of these ages ago but couldn't get one, great looking ship and has a performance advantage as well iirc, boost recharges faster??

makute

Space Marshal
Jun 2, 2016
RSI Handle
VishMainha
I was told by a GM recently that since they were part of a cross-promotion they are unable to be upgraded from the "2 Month Insurance" to being LTI.
You came late to the party, but whatever:
...they are probably, the most rare LTI ship ever in existence in Star Citizen.

They were created in three different instances. The first ones, back in the day when melt/unmelt went through CS, and Chelsea ruled with soft, iron first. The LTI status of a ship could be swapped around, and some citizens asked CS (or Concierge, I don't recall...) to make their brand new AMD Mustangs into LTI ones.

The second instance is more recent, during the last Anniversary Sale. The AMD Mustang was erroneously included into the Racer Pack, thus making them LTI, but bonded to said pack. Later, Cross Chassis Upgrades to the AMD were inadvertently available for, literally, mere seconds. Some lucky individuals noticed the error and hoarded them.

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
Last edited:
Forgot your password?