Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Want vs need.
Want to buy all the ships.
Need to fix my foundation and be financially responsible.

Guess I'm sticking with my lovely DF, haha.
- but Blind Owl, there's a version that is exploration!
- I know Blind Owl, stop torturing me.
- I'm just sayin'....
- SHUT UP!
- geeez, relax. Do you need a hug?
- yes, yes I do, dammit.

Shinlen

Grand Admiral
Nov 1, 2015
RSI Handle
xShinlen
Want vs need.

- I'm just sayin'....
- SHUT UP!
- yes, yes I do, dammit.
When Blind Owl tells Blind Owl he can't act like Blind Owl

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
is it ccu-able?
I've checked, right now there is no option to CCU the X1, however CCUs usually turn up half way through the sale week.

It comes with a Hangar so I'd expect it to be CCU capable. I onlyhad Self-lands so an Areoview is a very welcome addition.

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
I'm genuinely curious, how do you do exploration with a Space Bike/Crotch Rocket? I guess CIG will tell us, someday...
It does make you wonder whether exploration vehicles will be mandatory for planet explorations i.e. your spaceship is not enough (Yes I know the bigger exploration ships come with rovers but even so). The bikes clearly do not have the hard points to give up for a sensor. So what do the exploration models do? It is a shame because it just seems like an excuse to sell more of the same 3 versions of the same bike this after 4 tumbrils when there only real use is to carry you from A to B on a planet.

Does this mean the dragonfly (out before doing variants for bikes except colour) wont work for planet exploration?

Aleph0Null

Grand Admiral
Apr 26, 2015
RSI Handle
Aleph0Null
Want vs need.

- I'm just sayin'....
- SHUT UP!
- yes, yes I do, dammit.
Need Nox allowance?

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I grabbed the X1 because if you can CCU it to the force then maybe its worth it.... I want that black and red skin they show on the front page.
Yeah. . .erm. . .

I've checked, right now there is no option to CCU the X1, however CCUs usually turn up half way through the sale week.
Can you explain to those of us novices what this means? Can one buy the 3X package, melt the bikes and have LTI to apply to any ship you purchase or pirate. . . I mean, "loan" off someone, waiting to apply whenever you like?

It does make you wonder whether exploration vehicles will be mandatory for planet explorations. . .The bikes clearly do not have the hard points to give up for a sensor.
Yeah. My presumption has always been you cannot scan from a bike but will need a rover instead. Still makes them handy for deploying snipers, surveillance, and such and this looks will fit into a Hoplite.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Can you explain to those of us novices what this means? Can one buy the 3X package, melt the bikes and have LTI to apply to any ship you purchase or pirate. . . I mean, "loan" off someone, waiting to apply whenever you like?
Heading back to work, so I can't reply ATM (I work in a security zone, so no phone), but PM me Reaper, and I'll give you a complete rundown.

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Why get it over a rover?

Speed, space, can be deployed in space and on the ground.

Think about it. You are in your Cat. Your squadron has knocked out that "pirate". Instead of going over to the ship on thrusters, giving them valuable time to repair and set up defense points, you open your front gate and let loose the swarm of Dragonflys, Noxes and X1s. They zoom over, and while half provide covering fire into the ship to prevent the catwalks from being used as a kill box, the rest zoom in and start to work their way up to capture the crew.

Or you want to get something to move around in, but all you have is a cutlass. Well, the nox fits. land and then off you go.

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Given that it seems to be a crotch rocket, should it not be the perfect vehicle to explore Uranus? :wink:
Lol, I was going to jokingly say that I could see using this after I land on a seedy planet to explore all the dive bars and red light districts, but, that was about all the exploration I could see it would be useful for!

Forgot your password?