marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
If anybody has a good config for the X52/X55, he can export that config under SC and load it again when the user folder has to be deleted or all buttons are remapped again. He also can give that profile to @Blind Owl, presuming that all joysticks are mapped the same and both use the same control setup.
Just use the export function located at options -> keybindings -> advanced control customization -> control profiles -> Export control settings.
The profile will be saved in; C:\Program Files\Cloud Imperium Games\StarCitizen\Public\USER\Controls\Mappings\your_profile.xml. Copy it to a different location in case you must delete your USER folder. After deleting the USER folder and restarting SC, you can copy your profile back to the mappings folder and load it at options -> keybindings -> advanced control customization -> control profiles -> your_profile

Reactions: Blind Owl

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I was just watching a video on 2.4 and thinking I get a DONSA on Tuesday... so time to catch up on SC.. and to remap my X52.

I already feel your pain and know I will be in it myself... having remapped my keys over and over again in the past... now with all these new options.......

(Key CPT Kirk)... KAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHN!
Yeah man, I was so damn excited to play 2.4. Now I'm just frustrated. I'm wasting my days off just trying to get setup. No thanks. I just wanna to fly.

KAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHNNN! Haha.
I dont know if it's the best solution but maybe trying to unbind everything except the x,y,z axis in the HOTAS setup of the game.Then use Saitek software to map SC keyboard to the different desired HOTAS buttons. For the Throttle there is two option in SC config "throttle up/down (abs)" and "throttle up/down (rel) I do understand the abs= absolute and rel=relative but can't figure out which one would be the best to use.

I also have a Logithech G13 (i use for FPS/EVA mode) and noticed that when it's pluged-in the game goes locco and doesn't recognize my hotas (or has priority over hotas), only solution i found was to plug it after launching the game at least in 2.3.
I own a x-52 pro btw.

And nothing to do with HOTAS config but just saw it.... The Penguins won the stanley cup missa happy
Watched the game. Nice to see Sid get another one.
Yes, it helps to start with unbind everything except x and y axis. next step would be to map groups one by one, test it and continue until you have mapped everything. Just go to AC free flight, with ESC you can jump to options and reconfigure if it doesn't work like you want it. Also don't use different functions under one button, for example: use a 4-way switch for targeting and press the 4-way switch for boost. It doesn't work good, you always would accidentally retarget while using boost. I also own a G13, it only interferes with your setup if you configure the thumb stick as a joystick, SC would also see it as a joystick. If you unplug and plug your devices, then SC will mixup the joysticks. SC doesn't remember which stick is what, it just maps the first stick windows sees to joy1, the second to joy2 and so on. Only good solution is: connect flight stick, reboot, connect throttle, reboot, connect rudder, reboot. Don't unplug them anymore,
I started from scratch. Thought it'd be better to have the actions mapped directly to my HOTAS, rather than have key presses mapped to my HOTAS. That eat if the change the keyboard again, no issue. Boy oh boy, what shit show.
If anybody has a good config for the X52/X55, he can export that config under SC and load it again when the user folder has to be deleted or all buttons are remapped again. He also can give that profile to @Blind Owl, presuming that all joysticks are mapped the same and both use the same control setup.
Just use the export function located at options -> keybindings -> advanced control customization -> control profiles -> Export control settings.
The profile will be saved in; C:\Program Files\Cloud Imperium Games\StarCitizen\Public\USER\Controls\Mappings\your_profile.xml. Copy it to a different location in case you must delete your USER folder. After deleting the USER folder and restarting SC, you can copy your profile back to the mappings folder and load it at options -> keybindings -> advanced control customization -> control profiles -> your_profile
Would highly appreciate this, especially since I'll be flying with HCS voicepacks and voice attack. As those use the default keyboard layout, I don't want to be changing it.

Reactions: Dalarast

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
:eek: R.I.P.
My girlfriend asked me to shave more often: what, 2 times a week should do
My ex-girlfriend/wife continued asking me to shave more often: once a week is more then enough
My wife continued asking me to shave: OK, at 2 weeks it starts to annoy me
My wife stopped asking and finally accepts my unruly nature, but it still starts to annoy me after 2 weeks :rolleyes:

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
:eek: R.I.P.
My girlfriend asked me to shave more often: what, 2 times a week should do
My ex-girlfriend/wife continued asking me to shave more often: once a week is more then enough
My wife continued asking me to shave: OK, at 2 weeks it starts to annoy me
My wife stopped asking and finally accepts my unruly nature, but it still starts to annoy me after 2 weeks :rolleyes:
I, unfortunately, have to shave for work. Except for the moustache. Otherwise I'd sprout a beard. Haha.

Reactions: marcsand2

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
I, unfortunately, have to shave for work. Except for the moustache. Otherwise I'd sprout a beard. Haha.
At work they appreciate my other qualities above my appearance. The unofficial job description is shit digger, if there is shit, I will dig in until its resolved. I also make a very good entrant by arriving on my dirt bike, first impression counts :cool:

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
At work they appreciate my other qualities above my appearance. The unofficial job description is shit digger, if there is shit, I will dig in until its resolved. I also make a very good entrant by arriving on my dirt bike, first impression counts :cool:
That sounds awesome. I'm jealous. Haha

Ok.
Back to binding keys here.
1) why doesn't the game detect my little mouse tracker on my throttle?
2) how do I get mouse look to auto center?

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
1. try to bind mouse to "look left/right" and "look up/down" not to "look left", "look right", "look up" and "look down"
2. because there is no command for zoom auto center? at least I couldn't find one

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
what about setting double tap? nothing I do seems to work. How does that damn "y" for doubletap work?

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
yup. Highlight the keybind slot. Hit mouse button one to initiate change. Tap either y or z. click appropriate HOTAS button.
Nothing.
Am I doing something wrong?

ElFlacoverde

Grand Admiral
Jun 10, 2016
RSI Handle
ElFlacoverde
I also noticed that if a profile (even empty one) is loaded with saitek software some buttons dont act the same.
i.e: pinkie (no profile loaded) = able to bind it
pinkie (basic profile)= wont work, have to set pinkie as Fall Back in the profile
Same for the "mouse button" on throttle if no profile loaded it will act as mouse button if one wants to bind the button in game, has to be set as fall back in the profile editor.

I'm loosing my sanity with all this crap....

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Hit mouse button one to initiate change. click appropriate HOTAS button. Wait for binding timer to end then tap either y or z.
Lemme try this.
I also noticed that if a profile (even empty one) is loaded with saitek software some buttons dont act the same.
i.e: pinkie (no profile loaded) = able to bind it
pinkie (basic profile)= wont work, have to set pinkie as Fall Back in the profile
Same for the "mouse button" on throttle if no profile loaded it will act as mouse button if one wants to bind the button in game, has to be set as fall back in the profile editor.

I'm loosing my sanity with all this crap....
I'm having no luck with thje mouse button at all. I have it set on the default profile.

Forgot your password?