Yellow Jacket Artwork & Suggestions

Zaraphandox

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 13, 2014
RSI Handle
Zaraphandox
Alright so this is all based on assumptions of content that will be in game etc. as such it is subject to a possibly a lot of change. Basically other units that would be incorporated into our group. And of course it is open to suggestions and ideas!

Shock Unit - Marines specialized in guerrilla warfare and hitting targets only to disappear before the enemy knew what hit them. Shock squads operate in five man squads. When shock tactics aren't feasible for a mission, these marines fall back under alternate units of the marines choice.

Scout Unit - Tasked with moving ahead of the main task force in groups of two. They'll find possible sights for ambushes, tactically advantageous ground, and determine locations and numbers of enemy troops. Usually outfitted with snipers or rifles to clear out various dangers.

Sniper Unit - These men and women can shoot anything at great distances. Important to planetside missions. Used to running solo and sometimes with a partner to cover your six. When sniper tactics aren't feasible for a mission, these marines fall back under alternate units of the marines choice.

Demo Unit - Considered slightly unstable by most. Mainly because of they carry enough explosives to obliterate a small city. Single marines who fight alongside Infantry, scouts, and Spec Ops with the hopes of blowing something up.

Shock troops/snipers/scouts would all be a part of planetside missions. If you have any other units to add let me know.

Zaraphandox

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 13, 2014
RSI Handle
Zaraphandox
Heavy Unit - Yellow Jackets in TITAN class armor. Capable of taking a large amount of fire. Squads of three (as I assume that kind of armor would be expensive, and having more than 3 people would probably be counter productive).

404 Squad - Best of the best of our pilots. "Black Ops" they go in and get out working in conjunction with special missions requiring our best pilots. (Most likely will require some sort of stealth ship or a ship with stealth upgrades).

Also, the boarding unit. We should try to get one of each specialized unit into a squad. I.e One TITAN armored member, one Demo member, one medic, and two normal soldiers.

Last edited:
Reactions: mindfart

Madesson

Space Marshal
Feb 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Madesson
We should try to get one of each specialized unit into a squad. I.e One TITAN armored member, one Demo member, one medic, and two normal soldiers.
Since we may not end up having a lot of full-time medics, would we float between squads as needed?

Zaraphandox

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 13, 2014
RSI Handle
Zaraphandox
Since we may not end up having a lot of full-time medics, would we float between squads as needed?
I assume once the beta drops and people get back on the forums, we should see a growth in medics. But in the event that we don't have more than x amount of medics, we might have one-two medics per unit. Before it comes to stretching out, we will most likely work along side infinty to utilize their medics when necessary.

Nuke

Captain
Nov 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Nuke
with the specialty units, such as the heavy unit for ground attack and maybe a "hit and run" units for fighters (people in racers and other fast ships turned to dogfighting), I like the idea of both having dedicated squads and mixing the specialties in order to maximize effectiveness. for example you might gather a ground team of a couple titans and some demos to act as a distraction to allow shock units to flank. the same example in a dogfight might be to have a mix of hornets and some "hit and run" fighters, so the hornets can slug it out with the enemy while the runners can hit and run to turn a fight. On a boarding action we could have one squad smash their way aboard and draw all the attention while allowing a stealth team to sneak in an capture key points like the bridge or engineering.

These are just some random ideas I had, stuff like this will most likely depend on who is active at the time and what kind of group we can cobble together for an opp, as well as how diverse SC allows us to get in combat styles. It will be interesting to see how everything comes together in the PU.

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
I made a version of the yellow jackets logo with the appropriate name branding, from my recently-created TEST Squad logo template. I had to copy-paste the original version from Montoya, so the lines may not look very crisp (Montoya, I need the .ai files!).

I could probably create another version of this that is much more cleaner with less noise, with the colors inverted (except for the center logo), so it looks better, with a lot less alternating color patterns.

Tameron

Space Marshal
Jan 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Tameron
Wow, NKato, that looks awesome.

SARGE

Space Marshal
Feb 13, 2015
RSI Handle
SARGE | SARGE5th
I made a version of the yellow jackets logo with the appropriate name branding, from my recently-created TEST Squad logo template. I had to copy-paste the original version from Montoya, so the lines may not look very crisp (Montoya, I need the .ai files!).

I could probably create another version of this that is much more cleaner with less noise, with the colors inverted (except for the center logo), so it looks better, with a lot less alternating color patterns.

PEW PEW PEW

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
If/when I get an AR, I'm getting a receiver with PEW/NO PEW settings.

Pander

Space Marshal
Jan 3, 2015
RSI Handle
Pander22
Hi,

I would be happy to share some training experience from paintball drills and shouts that we could possibly use in this group

Its all about short precise words and counts

For kills, positions and movement (both enemy and ally)

can get a list of shouts and drills we play if its something you guys want to try?

If not just consider this a drunk rambling haha

Reactions: Zaraphandox

Zaraphandox

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 13, 2014
RSI Handle
Zaraphandox
Hi,

I would be happy to share some training experience from paintball drills and shouts that we could possibly use in this group

Its all about short precise words and counts

For kills, positions and movement (both enemy and ally)

can get a list of shouts and drills we play if its something you guys want to try?

If not just consider this a drunk rambling haha
Go for it!

Unit idea!
Montoya's Nipples - the elite bodyguards of our leaders and diplomats.

Reactions: hardroc77
Forgot your password?