Yellow Jackets night ops! Hot action within!

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
the glowing names above the almost invisible players are immersion-breaking

ShakyWater

Vice Admiral
Jan 4, 2017
RSI Handle
shakywater
If that was a night fight taking place in Afghanistan, we would have night vision and IR strobes to be able to see each other.

It's not too far from realistic to think that hundreds of years from now they could add a name to the strobe.

If anything, the lack of night vision breaks immersion by being behind current tech.

Michael

Space Marshal
Sep 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Pewbaca
If that was a night fight taking place in Afghanistan, we would have night vision and IR strobes to be able to see each other.

It's not too far from realistic to think that hundreds of years from now they could add a name to the strobe.

If anything, the lack of night vision breaks immersion by being behind current tech.
I guess if the opponent had night vision too, you would very quickly remove those strobes :D (also they talked about it: https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/3835241/#Comment_3835241)

But agree friend / foe identification should be a thing in the not so far future.

Reactions: Bambooza

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
It’s called augmented reality and it exists today. This does not break immersion. I’m shocked we don’t have even more tech (night vision, identification of known opforce individuals, etc.

Edit - in fact, the lack of augmented reality, high tech gadgets, etc is more immersion breaking for me than the lack of it. We should be swimming in tech, not reverting to WWII in space...

Last edited:
Forgot your password?