Your desk/computer setups!

Scavar

Rear Admiral
Apr 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Scavar
I'm curious to see what everyone's desk/computer area looks like!

Edited: I doubt anyone cares but I'm going to list all my stuff too!
Logitech K800 Keyboard, Logitech Performance MX, Samsung T240 24", Chimei(who?) 22", Acer 22" Monitors, Logitech 5.1 something or another, Siberia v2 headset, Coolermaster 1000 something
ASUS P8Z68-V Pro motherboard, i5 2500K, Kingston 16gb DDR3, GTX 670, PNY 240gb SSD, assorted HDDs combined up to 3.5TB, bluray burner/reader that doesn't work, dvd/cd burner that I think works, Trendnet something something AC router, Zoom modem.

Here's mine:

Last edited:

Shar Treuse

Captain
Nov 24, 2014
RSI Handle
Shar Treuse
Far too messy to post a photo, but I have a glass desktop with controllers (kydb., mouse, stick and n52te), a massive Thermaltake Xaser VI silver like this one (it's even more enormous than it looks):

a 27" Dell 2560x1440 LCD mounted on the wall and some Altec-Lansing speakers with those downward pointing woofers that are completely useless because the floor is solid concrete.

Dortz

Vice Admiral
Donor
Nov 4, 2014
RSI Handle
Dortz
Sorry for the suuuper old pics, but my workspace is a damn mess right now.

Snowianth

Grand Admiral
Oct 13, 2014
RSI Handle
Snowianth
Im currently building new "command center" i will post soon pictures from old and new when i get all set up

FireData

Lieutenant
Dec 4, 2014
RSI Handle
FireData
If you don't have a PC that can play the game, you can't drool over said spaceships. As Ultra said, the game requires a ton of power, so having a good PC is a must.
*Sigh* Well, it's a good thing my PC overheated and broke the power supply. And what makes it better is that I didn't have a spare!

Note to self: Your computer can't play SC, upgrade it.

Now if only I had money that exceeded $20..

CrashMan054

Commander
Oct 23, 2014
RSI Handle
CrashMan054
*Sigh* Well, it's a good thing my PC overheated and broke the power supply. And what makes it better is that I didn't have a spare!

Note to self: Your computer can't play SC, upgrade it.

Now if only I had money that exceeded $20..
Did anything besides the PSU overheat? And what PSU did you have?

FireData

Lieutenant
Dec 4, 2014
RSI Handle
FireData
Did anything besides the PSU overheat? And what PSU did you have?
T'was a very old PSU. As in, 5+ years. Only 500 watts.

Making sure everything's good, I'll have more information tomorrow when I get my replacement PSU.

CrashMan054

Commander
Oct 23, 2014
RSI Handle
CrashMan054
T'was a very old PSU. As in, 5+ years. Only 500 watts.

Making sure everything's good, I'll have more information tomorrow when I get my replacement PSU.
Is the replacement PSU the same model? I've had PSUs a decade old that still work fine. What brand?

FireData

Lieutenant
Dec 4, 2014
RSI Handle
FireData
Is the replacement PSU the same model? I've had PSUs a decade old that still work fine. What brand?
I remember it was 600 watt and bronze certification. I'm sure I have the exact model written down somewhere, but I'm too lazy to find it.
This is probably why I have no money..

CrashMan054

Commander
Oct 23, 2014
RSI Handle
CrashMan054
I remember it was 600 watt and bronze certification. I'm sure I have the exact model written down somewhere, but I'm too lazy to find it.
This is probably why I have no money..
Bronze... at that range of watts, I'd get a better PSU. Less chance of it crapping out before the FPS module releases. :)

FireData

Lieutenant
Dec 4, 2014
RSI Handle
FireData
Bronze... at that range of watts, I'd get a better PSU. Less chance of it crapping out before the FPS module releases. :)
Alright. I'll take that into account as soon as I have money to do so.

Like I said, I'll be getting the replacement PSU tomorrow. Seeing as my PC is kinda dated, I'll probably make a thread for upgrades somewhere (probably CS or TEST forums).

CrashMan054

Commander
Oct 23, 2014
RSI Handle
CrashMan054
Alright. I'll take that into account as soon as I have money to do so.

Like I said, I'll be getting the replacement PSU tomorrow. Seeing as my PC is kinda dated, I'll probably make a thread for upgrades somewhere (probably CS or TEST forums).
Yep, we have a whole section for PC problems!

And now that we've derailed this thread, TEST style, back to desks.

Forgot your password?