You're all going to be heartbroken. I'm sorry to report...

ThomSirveaux

Space Marshal
Sep 12, 2014
RSI Handle
Thom_Sirveaux
that as of today, Juicero is closing shop. https://techcrunch.com/2017/09/01/rip-juicero-the-400-venture-backed-juice-machine/

Yes, that $400 "cold juicer" that would only press their own packaged juices (which you could only buy through them) found no market that could sustain it.

Let us all drink a cold one in its honor...

And by "cold one" I mean "a glass of overpriced cold-pressed juice"

and by "a glass of overpriced, cold-pressed juice" I mean "the alcoholic beverage of your choice".

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
But look at all the people who have been put out of work... And Doug... Won't you think about poor Doug?

There was a man with a dream - he reached for the stars and for a short time became the brightest light in the heavens, or surely we would not be taking about the short-lived fruits of his labours.

Shine on Doug, you did something and although it didn't work out, thats no reason to feel you did not achieve, for here we are talking about it... People from all over the world with no interest in Juice whatsoever coming together to discuss Juice and the Juicero.

Don't deny there is not a Juicero Dream in all of us just waiting to become reality, held back and stifled by the derision and scorn of an uncaring world. We should not look upon the Juicero as a failure but as a glorious success to those Ideas that have been ignored or forgotten... Dougs idea flourished and lived - no matter for how short a time.

I'm going to name my NOX the "Juicero Dream" in honour of Doug.

I hope this does not kill his love for Juice, it seems like he really likes it.

Last edited:

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
All of a sudden, my 600i doesn't seem like such a potential waste of an investment. At least it will not constantly be attempting to juice my wallet just to provide me with a few drops of flavor that I can get with a bit of manual labor & a few delicious fruit from the store for pennies on the dollar.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
At least it will not constantly be attempting to juice my wallet just to provide me with a few drops of flavor that I can get with a bit of manual labor...
Every ship will be available in the game and you'll be able to get them just by playing i.e. putting in a bit of manual labour... ;-)

Forgot your password?