Youtuber Law: Are you owed a refund?

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
Awesome! I asked him in comments though if he'd verify the semantics of, if a pledge with an incentive is a purchase or a donation. But yea, he'd tweeted that he'd do a video to address the refund questions, he delivered!

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Interesting to hear his take on it.
As much as I like watching Leonard French and his videos, Lior really gets to the point *very* quickly, and explains things in a way that I (think that I) understand it. I try to regularly watch Lior's YouTube channel. Very informative!

Tealwraith

Heresy detector
Donor
May 31, 2017
RSI Handle
Tealwraith
If you want SC, pledge for a starter package. If you want out, sell your account on the grey market. I've been waiting for SC since Privateer, so If CR needs a few (several) more years, I'm cool with that. I'm sure my account can be passed on to a descendant, lol.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
The only issue with selling on the gray market it is doen't put any fresh funds into the pot, just stops old funds being taken out...

That said, if anyone is selling their Endeavor modules and has the ones i'm looking for... :D

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Awesome! I asked him in comments though if he'd verify the semantics of, if a pledge with an incentive is a purchase or a donation. But yea, he'd tweeted that he'd do a video to address the refund questions, he delivered!
After the Streetroller case where CIG refunded the guy, they did include that they did not have to refund him, which is what Lior is confirming here.

The latest TOS revision most likely removes any ambiguous language and tightens up any holes on their side.

What I get from this is that its not completely impossible to get refunded through legal action, but it gets increasingly expensive to argue the point that the game is not being made or not being delivered.

Harkonan

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Harkypoo
It's no different than attempting to take PBS to court for a refund because they cancelled your favorite show.

When you make a pledge, you are funding any and all decisions they might make ... including ones you might not agree with.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
"The game is not going in a direction I like! " ( -thinking... really you sure??!! )

And I always say "what direction is that"??. "And please restrict yourself to one sentence when explaining that ! "

That is mostly met with a "uuh!... what uumm.. what you say again!!???!!"

And I add... "As I thought you don't even know yourself"... met with another " uuh! what !? "

But I guess when the real fact hit, he realize how much he spent and reality caught up with him..
And that's where the shoe don't fit any more...
With resent plan for a vacation in Hawaii or to upgrade the computer but he ain't got the cash...
So now he want it all back, all what he pledge... ( gave away )

Well eating the burger and keeping it, is not how it works...

Some humans are such a sad stories I'm more than often lost for words.....
It amazes me how some even got past puberty, without constipating on their own stupidity... :thinking:
AS in going to a bar spending 100-200 on what ever..
Then next day bragging to the buddies, as in..
F*ck man I woke up with two girls and I can not remember sh*t and then going on like..
Oh f*ck, f*ck f*ck I spent to much yesterday but that was fun....
Lets do it again next weekend..... ...!! <<<<<<------------ And that is okay??!!??

But anyways it make a great time for some popcorn and beer :joy::joy_cat::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::joy::joy_cat::yum:

:beer::beer::beers::beer::beer::beers::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::beers::beers::beer::popcorn::beers::beers::beer::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::beers::beer::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::beers::beers::beer:
:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::popcorn::popcorn::beers::beers::beers::popcorn::beers::beers::popcorn::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::popcorn::beers:

CHEERS!

Last edited:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I have Endeavour modules which do you want?
I'm most after the Hangar and Supercollider if you have 'em (and assuming you're selling). If you don't have them let me know what you have I might be interested in a few other modules :slight_smile:

PM sent.

Last edited:
Forgot your password?