Zeus II

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
The concierge paint lacks any blue "emissions"/lighting, while this is clearly present on the 4th ship.

Normally they would show the Concierge paint with new releases/concepts, but what is shown in the picture is not that.
I already conceeded the wing tip difference likely made it a different variant.
The Concierge paint is similar, not the same. We don't know if there is or isn't a 4th variant and it could just be an earlier iteration of the paint, if not for the wing tips, which could also be an earlier iteration. The black with the blue emissives is the MR, the unnamed variant is black and gray, with yellow piping, and less emmisives similar to the Concierge paint. There are differences but it is similar, especially where the gray and black transition.

But I agree it is likely a variant, which may, or may not, show up in the future.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bambooza

GarikDuvall

Space Marshal
Donor
Dec 3, 2018
RSI Handle
Garik_Duvall
Some are speculating that the ST was a stealth version that got scrapped and now think its like the "Sports" model of the ship, as no dedicating racing ships have turrets thus far. But then again, there are no racing ships of this size yet either.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Some are speculating that the ST was a stealth version that got scrapped and now think its like the "Sports" model of the ship, as no dedicating racing ships have turrets thus far. But then again, there are no racing ships of this size yet either.
I seem to recall the MSR, in lore, being used for racing.

Mudhawk

Rear Admiral
Donor
Oct 30, 2022
RSI Handle
Mudhawk

Mudhawk

Rear Admiral
Donor
Oct 30, 2022
RSI Handle
Mudhawk
It does depend on use case. I'm more interested in the Bounty Hunter loop than cargo hauling.
In that case let me mention that I did pay off all my fines and that my bounty HAS been revoked.
And without trying to distract from any new bountys I'm about to accumulate, repair&rearm cost factors in a lot in that loop, don't they?
You gotta share the Bounty with one more crew in the Zeus and the expenses are most likely heavier on the wallet.
That's one point in favor of the Blue.
Plus even with the Quantum dampener stopping the prey from jumping, the Blue is more likely to keep up if it tries running.
Well, it obviously depends on the prey.
Guess it's the Blue for smaller targets and the Zeus for bigger and slower ones.
And honestly, if you got to board a bigger target then going in with 3 guys sounds a lot more reasonable than going in with 2.
Talking abot playing it safe, there's no Med-Bed in the explorer either, is there?
NOW I wonder if I can park the Pisces R in the trunk... :-)

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane

CRISS9000

Space Marshal
Jul 13, 2016
RSI Handle
criss9000
I seem to recall the MSR, in lore, being used for racing.
"used for" is not the same as "intended for". race craft are usually on the smaller size like the Razor, Fury, M50 and 350. even the Spirit, which is smaller than the MSR, does not have a racing variant.

I'm now of the belief that the 4th variant of the Zeus is an old, now-scrapped idea, and we might never see it again, even past official commercial release after Star Citizen comes out of beta.
(in about 900 years time, kek)

Mudhawk

Rear Admiral
Donor
Oct 30, 2022
RSI Handle
Mudhawk
I'm now of the belief that the 4th variant of the Zeus is an old, now-scrapped idea, and we might never see it again, even past official commercial release after Star Citizen comes out of beta.
And what a shame that is because I swear it was the stealthy variant with the spinal mounted S8 Tachion Cannon for the Asassin game loop!
Such a pity, really.
That one even hit above it's weight class!

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
"used for" is not the same as "intended for". race craft are usually on the smaller size like the Razor, Fury, M50 and 350. even the Spirit, which is smaller than the MSR, does not have a racing variant.

(in about 900 years time, kek)
Different kind of racing. Obviously not "Old Vanderhaul."

Say Cannonball Run vs. Indianapolis 500.

Last edited:

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
In that case let me mention that I did pay off all my fines and that my bounty HAS been revoked.
And without trying to distract from any new bountys I'm about to accumulate, repair&rearm cost factors in a lot in that loop, don't they?
You gotta share the Bounty with one more crew in the Zeus and the expenses are most likely heavier on the wallet.
That's one point in favor of the Blue.
Plus even with the Quantum dampener stopping the prey from jumping, the Blue is more likely to keep up if it tries running.
Well, it obviously depends on the prey.
Guess it's the Blue for smaller targets and the Zeus for bigger and slower ones.
And honestly, if you got to board a bigger target then going in with 3 guys sounds a lot more reasonable than going in with 2.
Talking abot playing it safe, there's no Med-Bed in the explorer either, is there?
NOW I wonder if I can park the Pisces R in the trunk... :-)
LOL.
For smaller targets we have a pair of Hawks and a Liberator to get us there.
I'm waiting for the new flight model and the increased diversity it is supposed to bring.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Much thanks to Chrisss for this vid above.

So, what is the ST? Here’s me hoping again it’s a stealth recon version. The ship comes in with lowish EM and IR on erkul. The forth variant perhaps has reduced RCS? And I’m hoping for tubes.

Richard noted tubes aren’t the best for a hunter, but tubes do seem to be the choice if RSI on the Polaris. So maybe the ST is a mini Polaris? Trouble is the Vanduul don’t seem to have much in medium size ships.

BTW, I want to own I am impressed CIG says Sq42 is in polishing phase. We don’t discuss it often, but this brings up the status of so many Vanduul ships we haven’t seen. Does “being polished” mean the Vanduul ship builds are complete? I have long been concerned we’d need to wait a couple years on this. What do people think about the state of the Vanduul ships?

• o7

CRISS9000

Space Marshal
Jul 13, 2016
RSI Handle
criss9000
So, what is the ST? Here’s me hoping again it’s a stealth recon version. The ship comes in with lowish EM and IR on erkul. The forth variant perhaps has reduced RCS? And I’m hoping for tubes.
I'm still of the opinion that it was a mistake and the ST was scrapped.

Much thanks to Chrisss for this vid above.
Chris Roberts?

• o7

CRISS9000

Space Marshal
Jul 13, 2016
RSI Handle
criss9000
so Inforunners said some interesting things here:

ST, according to them, potentially could stand for Sports Touring. a sports-oriented variant would be for multi-solar racing and priority fast transport. think Amazon Same Day Delivery or private transport which is ready to ferry individuals on a quick notice and a very tight schedule.

This could be a variant that will be announced in the future, during a potentially new type of event which will be a periodic racing event, a la Jumptown, Xenothreat or Siege Of Orison.

Last edited:
  • o7

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
so Inforunners said some interesting things here:

ST, according to them, potentially could stand for Sports Touring. a sports-oriented variant would be for multi-solar racing and priority fast transport. think Amazon Same Day Delivery or private transport which is ready to ferry individuals on a quick notice and a very tight schedule.

This could be a variant that will be announced in the future, during a potentially new type of event which will be a periodic racing event, a la Jumptown, Xenothreat or Siege Of Orison.
From what I remember of the lore of the Verse, there is a major interstellar annual race that travels through multiple systems cannonball run style, in which the 350R is famous for winning multiple times.

CRISS9000

Space Marshal
Jul 13, 2016
RSI Handle
criss9000
From what I remember of the lore of the Verse, there is a major interstellar annual race that travels through multiple systems cannonball run style, in which the 350R is famous for winning multiple times.
inb4 star citizen holding a race event in the PU called "Cannonball" after the implementation of server meshing and a 3rd or 4th system with all systems connected via wormholes.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
That is the one the MSR wins, IIRC. The 350R and M50 were for the Murray Cup.

Forgot your password?