Zyloh posts that Carrack will only be ready in Feb. Surprised Pikachu!

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I guess my point is the way the delay was announced and then handled...
Ahh, I'm with you now. I think we both have a point, but yes there was a high expectation that it would be ready with the Peices and it would not have hurt to give a bit of a heads-up.

Reactions: Blind Owl and Phil

mindfart

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 10, 2015
RSI Handle
mindfart
I saw the demo and the Carrack looked pretty well done to me, why the 2 to 3 month delay?
They addressed this in the presentation actually, it's because the parts of the carrack you saw in the demo are done, but there are some rooms that aren't done yet.
Also, stuff gets released when it's ready, even if it has delays, you should know that by now =)

LoicFarris

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 1, 2019
RSI Handle
LoicFarris
Carrack owners are mad that the ship model looks different than the concept art
I'm not, I mean honestly the old ship was kinda fugly... now it's kinda smexy... I mean are they really upset that CIG dared to make it look... OMG Nicer!!! I think the newer version looks beffier than the original. It looks dare I say, almost tough.

EXT_Carrack_Microtech_112019-Min.jpg
Knipsel_4.JPG.jpg

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
I'm not, I mean honestly the old ship was kinda fugly... now it's kinda smexy... I mean are they really upset that CIG dared to make it look... OMG Nicer!!! I think the newer version looks beffier than the original. It looks dare I say, almost tough.

View attachment 14331 View attachment 14337

I agree with you. I really like the slight changes made. The only thing I noticed when rewatching "The Adventure Continues" is its rather flat looking and I hope that's just due to it still being a work in progress.
1574720435011.png

1574720474898.png

1574720338026.png

1574720530617.png

Reactions: Blind Owl

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
I will always be a fan of the original art of the Carrack, not that the updated version is bad I just felt the original resembled so many iconic movies we like, Aliens especially the more industrial squared look. Again its a great looking ship I just prefer the original concept and I understand why they made the changes, size being a major reason.

Also just because they give you a reason doesn't mean its true lol I cant tell you how many companies fib or stretch the truth when it comes to developement.

LoicFarris

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 1, 2019
RSI Handle
LoicFarris
I agree with you. I really like the slight changes made. The only thing I noticed when rewatching "The Adventure Continues" is its rather flat looking and I hope that's just due to it still being a work in progress.
My speculation is that the ship hasn't been fully textured yet. It was missing too much to look finished but I think they wanted to show it off in a video to not only motivate sales but also show us what they're up to.

I will always be a fan of the original art of the Carrack, not that the updated version is bad I just felt the original resembled so many iconic movies we like, Aliens especially the more industrial squared look. Again its a great looking ship I just prefer the original concept and I understand why they made the changes, size being a major reason.

Also just because they give you a reason doesn't mean its true lol I cant tell you how many companies fib or stretch the truth when it comes to developement.
I've always felt that they should consider working on the original concepts after the game it out. Maybe put up a ship and tell the community, if we get X purchases we'll make it. Honestly once the game is out, I think that the more variety the better. That includes ships that have redundant roles with one another and older versions of more modern ships. Like the old 300 series etc.

Doggen

Space Marshal
Dec 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Doggen
Id rather they finish all gameplay stuff that is connected to it like drones .medbay and exploration.
It would suck if they have to rework the carrack again at some point because the drones become bigger/smalkler or something.
Also wtf are you going to do with it now? Hang in front of Olisar?

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Id rather they finish all gameplay stuff that is connected to it like drones .medbay and exploration.
It would suck if they have to rework the carrack again at some point because the drones become bigger/smalkler or something.
Also wtf are you going to do with it now? Hang in front of Olisar?
Truth. I'm hoping that SSOCS lets them start implementing actual game mechanics. I want to be able to do things in game.

Reactions: Bambooza

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
But if I recall the major changes to the Carrack kind of came about because the original design was to big? Something about being able to land or dock at certain stations etc... I could be wrong.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
But if I recall the major changes to the Carrack kind of came about because the original design was to big? Something about being able to land or dock at certain stations etc... I could be wrong.
Correct they want to make sure it still fits on large landing pads. But it was realized they could shorten lots of the corridors and make the inside fit.

Reactions: Blind Owl and Phil

AstroGimp01

Space Marshal
Jan 31, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroGimp01
She got bigger, then got a LOT bigger, then got cut back down to 125-ish meters if I recall correctly.

I really like what they showed for the interior but really, really miss the styling of the version they showed at the beginning of the year - hopefully they will recapture that flavor with final bump-mapping/etc., but the engines are a massive disappointment graphically, I can just about accept everything else but they look puny where all previous artwork really emphasized them.

'Gimp

Forgot your password?