11 Jan 2020 CTF

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Great video, we now know who broke the rule of angament firing missile on fighter... you pesky bastard...

Just a suggestion ofor the video: your initial talk is quite bad, with a lot of frush underneat that is not present in the gameplay video. Don't know what you use for one and the other but the second one is far better.
Also, seams that the talk at the begenning is at far more hight volume then the game video, try to equalize them as the same level, or check the advanced audio setting on your pc: on mine Discord adn SC keep to start at lower volume and I need to crank them up every time.

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
After my exam on Tues I'll have a bit more time, since your channel is titled impact zone, I can think of some cool 3-5 second intros if you want them. I still owe somebody an intro I'll need to do before yours but it won't take long. Just let me know if you want one. Welcome to the TESTie content creation team!

Reactions: marcsand2

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Good job Zatellia,
My standard 315p is usless in a dogfight. I am learning how to avoid being hit and some situational awareness hopefully
Well considering that you are the pilot that survive longer I think you are learning quite well.
Suggestion: try different load out, both for weapon and equipment: better shield, low signature components, hight Alpha (aka single shot) weapons, etc... that won't transform a 315p into a Super Hornet or a Sabre, but could give you some offensive power and make the ship enjoable even for fight event.
Another choice is to rent some ship for the event, like a Gladius, a Sabre (is that rentable?) or evena normal Avanger.

Rear_Intruder

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 9, 2017
RSI Handle
Rear_Intruder
Well considering that you are the pilot that survive longer I think you are learning quite well.
Suggestion: try different load out, both for weapon and equipment: better shield, low signature components, hight Alpha (aka single shot) weapons, etc... that won't transform a 315p into a Super Hornet or a Sabre, but could give you some offensive power and make the ship enjoable even for fight event.
Another choice is to rent some ship for the event, like a Gladius, a Sabre (is that rentable?) or evena normal Avanger.
My thoughts are;-
I want to be an explorer not a combat pilot, So I need to learn avoiding being hit and using my particular ship to its full potential. This may not help my team in CFT (but I did initialy volunteer to be a turret gunner in the base ship).
I did experiment with techniques from Elite Dangerous (ED)which (possibly) seemed to work, but in the end it was suicide to a hail of fire. I look forward to being able to use flares , chaff and manoeuvres to confuse the enemy, maybe even stealth as it develops.

I played ED from Alpha. After launch day despite almost always playing in "open" (full MMO) and never using more than an Asp Explorer I was only killed once early on. We learnt tactics to avoid the griefers and pirates although it did sometimes mean retreat. I am looking for a game that allows me to develop tactics not just a shooter.

In the next patches I will try some upgrades/loadouts.

Last edited:

LoicFarris

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 1, 2019
RSI Handle
LoicFarris
I did one of these a while back and honestly I'm a much better combat pilot as a result. I keep remember the advice @marcsand2 gave me and pounded into my head as he shredded my Super Hornet with his 85X. At any rate, I need to check the events and hop in for the next one I can.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
I did one of these a while back and honestly I'm a much better combat pilot as a result. I keep remember the advice @marcsand2 gave me and pounded into my head as he shredded my Super Hornet with his 85X. At any rate, I need to check the events and hop in for the next one I can.
The 85X is just fun, hard to hit, let it's peashooter do it's work, slowly

Forgot your password?