2.6 Aurora LN is probably the best starter ship.

ShakyWater

Vice Admiral
Jan 4, 2017
RSI Handle
shakywater
Yeh it's the S4 missiles, they are pooo poo.They do do a lot of damage (at least 50% more than S3)

Trust me the best mount for this aurora is a 423 with 2 x FSKI Thunderbolt 3 missiles. They hit every time. BOOM BOOM
Yeah, I went back to the 442 with Rattlers. I'll try out the Thunderbolts sometime. CIG is laggy as hell today.

MikeNificent

Space Marshal
Sep 24, 2016
RSI Handle
MikeNificent
So I've been having issues with this ship...

I read this thread and decided to take @marcsand2 's advice and get better by playing in a starter ship and trying to stay alive.

I upgraded the armaments to 2 x badger, 2 x bulldog, 2 x S3 FSKI Thunderbolts. I also upgraded the power plants and coolers because why not?

I logged into arena commander. I was unable to target anyone. After about 30 secs, I lost almost complete control of my ship. I was just floating along, spinning, able only to shoot my repeaters at nothing in particular. I didn't turn anything off. I didn't push buttons outside of shooting repeaters and maneuvering my ship.

Logged out & back in repeatedly, and had the same issue.

Logged into Crusader. Same issue.

Restarted client completely. Same issue.

Tried on another day. Same issue.

Anyone else had this problem in the LN? I couldn't find anything on the issue council about it, but I'm not going to bother investigating if I'm just kicking a dead horse. If someone else already had this issue and found it in the issue council, let me know and I'll confirm the contribution. If not, I'll keep on looking into it.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Anyone else had this problem in the LN?
Nope, not a problem at all, I just flew a sortie VS together with a Hornet.... The LN was outfitted with 2 Badgers and 2 Longswords, the same as I currently use on my Delta. The stock missiles are good!!!!, 2 are enough to kill an ace. I came to wave 17 with my first LN. After all Vanduuls were destroyed, I had to suicide against a asteroid. Wave 17 had stripped my left side, I couldn't manoeuvre anymore. After wave 17 I had something around 95k points, the Hornet 25k? I lost my first LN, the Hornet was at 3 or 4.... not sure, I forgot to take a screenshot. Wave 18 got me with its damn missiles. The Hornet was killed very fast in wave 18, so I had to handle the Vanduuls alone, was too much for the LN :head_bandage:

I really must work hard with strafe, roll and pitch to get a aim at a Vanduul when it is close, but once in the crosshair, the Badgers and Longswords work good together. Difference in pip don't matter on really close range.
Maybe it is just me, but when picking up ammunition, I never got a count, repair and fuel worked normal. It almost seems like the ammo on the Longswords is unlimited right now.

The LN never flighted so good before. The speed reduction in 2.6 is very positive for the LN.

ShakyWater

Vice Admiral
Jan 4, 2017
RSI Handle
shakywater
Well I'll try different loadouts and see what happens, I suppose.
I spent a lot of time in free fly learning to fly when I first got SC. Go into free fly where you can experiment with controls. You not having any control sounds like it might be bug, but I think it's something with your control settings on your keyboard.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
This is funny I just did the same thing with the Auroras and came to one conclusion Aurora LN is pretty ok now it still get kicked the shit out, by a racer something that bug the hell out of me that it still is fragile like a plastic model and a racer is a good fighter is just ludicriss....
And when it came to the other Aurora versions... well... over all they are a piece of crap in it's curent state it should be better than a snubb ship/fighter all version of it but it is not. So getting any other Aurora than the LN is a waste of money IMO yea I know there is a version with jump-engine, so what, it break apart if it see another ship with guns so at the moment a useless ship.

I say give the LN the jump engine and remove all other version is my suggestion or make bigger changes to the hole serie, for how it is now it's nerfed and change in to a piece of crap when it actualy could be a realy cool ship. I shore hope to se positive future changes to it for I miss flying my LN and only do it now for nostalgia, until I get blown away by a pirate in a m50 and I sadly get a reminder why I stoped flying it.....

Cheers :beers::beers::beer:

Edit: Aurora (LN) is still the better starter ship to fly and can pack a good punch :D

Last edited:

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
I am willing to bet it's a bug with the power plant / cooler etc upgrades you did. As far as I know none of these components actually make a difference in game - maybe its a big like we used to have when swapping a weapon and being unable to load ammo. Maybe the powerplant has no power.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
So I've been having issues with this ship...

I read this thread and decided to take @marcsand2 's advice and get better by playing in a starter ship and trying to stay alive.

I upgraded the armaments to 2 x badger, 2 x bulldog, 2 x S3 FSKI Thunderbolts. I also upgraded the power plants and coolers because why not?

I logged into arena commander. I was unable to target anyone. After about 30 secs, I lost almost complete control of my ship. I was just floating along, spinning, able only to shoot my repeaters at nothing in particular. I didn't turn anything off. I didn't push buttons outside of shooting repeaters and maneuvering my ship.

Logged out & back in repeatedly, and had the same issue.

Logged into Crusader. Same issue.

Restarted client completely. Same issue.

Tried on another day. Same issue.

Anyone else had this problem in the LN? I couldn't find anything on the issue council about it, but I'm not going to bother investigating if I'm just kicking a dead horse. If someone else already had this issue and found it in the issue council, let me know and I'll confirm the contribution. If not, I'll keep on looking into it.
Hmm, I'm gonna try this later today and see what I get. I've used stock layout and all seems ok. But I'll try this loadout and see.

Forgot your password?