Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
Hello Evocati,

Please don't breach your NDA but I'm just wondering your thoughts as to how ready 3.0 really is.

Did they release a mountain of obvious bugs or is it relatively polished with only minor annoyances?

Main reason is I'm trying to determine if I might get to see it in PTU in 1 month or in 6.

Thanks! :)

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
They can't say anything about it. That's how NDA's work.

Vote for Space Kitty's!
As I said I don't want anyone to beach their NDA.

I haven't read the NDA but it may leave loopholes for discussing their own thoughts/feelings about playing the game. Who knows.

Anyway "don't hold my breath" is my default stance at this point based on the CIG-published burn-down that hasn't made any progress in the past few months. I was hoping someone might have something good to say to give me hope, but it doesn't seem to be the case.

Back to ignoring SC for a few more months... :)

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
I'm just me & thus nobody special in the grand scheme of things CIG related, but I'm guessing that 3.0 is better off now than it was when discussed at GamesCom 2016. If I'm wrong, which is possible, I would be rather confused.
I'm with you on this one. What we have now as 3.0 (at least, what the Evocati have now) seems a lot more like the solid foundation Star Citizen needs to build upon.

You know when someone bakes a cake and it's not ready yet and you want it really BADLY and they say "it's going to be ready soon" and you say "give me the damned raw cake right now" but you know it's going to taste better when it's done.

Fossiebear

Commander
Oct 2, 2017
RSI Handle
Fossiebaer
With all that new features presented in various AtV issues during the last month, there is plenty to test for evocati users. And every new feature has to potential to introduce hidden bugs.
The evocati is for discovering and fixing those hidden bug. As this is an iterative process, it quite takes it's time. But therefore, 3.0 should be perfectly playable, when it is released to the public.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
But therefore, 3.0 should be perfectly playable, when it is released to the public.
It has been my personal experience in games over the past 30+ years that there is nearly no such thing as a perfectly working game at launch & especially not in an Alpha version. This being said, the less bugs the better, but it is nearly impossible to find all of the bugs in a game that is set up to be multiplayer in nature.

Given this is still Alpha, we might as well treat it like the wild west. Things might seem to be running fine 1 minute & the next we're bitten by a snake we never new was there. Exciting isn't it?

Fossiebear

Commander
Oct 2, 2017
RSI Handle
Fossiebaer
It has been my personal experience in games over the past 30+ years that there is nearly no such thing as a perfectly working game at launch & especially not in an Alpha version. This being said, the less bugs the better, but it is nearly impossible to find all of the bugs in a game that is set up to be multiplayer in nature.
Sorry, my speech was imprecise there. What I meant was, that after the extensive, multi stage testing with iterative bugfixing, there should be only minor issues at release. Those issues should be annoying in worst case. But real showstoppers should be resolved.

I know that alpha 2.6 still has a lot of bugs. Yesterday I first ran through the pilot seat of my Aurora, then I fell through the floor of an Origin 300i. But those could also be issues with the ships themselves.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Alpha 2.6 appears to be a little.... unstable.... now 3.0 is live for the Evo.

I had the Olisar Hoop flying around issue that I had never seen in 2.6.3, and I recall when 2.6 went to Evo 2.5 broke entirely.

Fossiebear

Commander
Oct 2, 2017
RSI Handle
Fossiebaer
Alpha 2.6 appears to be a little.... unstable.... now 3.0 is live for the Evo.

I had the Olisar Hoop flying around issue that I had never seen in 2.6.3, and I recall when 2.6 went to Evo 2.5 broke entirely.
How does Evo have an impact on public servers? Doesn't CIG use dedicated servers for Evo?

Forgot your password?