3.14 Leaked images and info. Orison landing zone, clones, refueling and more.

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
first!

if CIG is implementing Eve-like cloning, I take it to mean inter-system travel is imminent

the 'more realistic' travel times in the PU mean that players with limited game time would be pretty much stuck in one system

the lack of originality doesn't bother me

it's a necessary fix

Last edited:

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
Those red splodges look more like islands than anything gaseous.

That landing zone looks real interesting. I was kind of wondering how would they make Orison lag as much as the other capital cities, but I see the answer now.

Hmmm. Wasn't expecting anything related to perma death in this patch, well, glad there is progress there as well. Not really feeling one way or another about the clones though.

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
first!

if CIG is implementing Eve-like cloning, I take it to mean inter-system travel is imminent

the 'more realistic' travel times in the PU mean that players with limited game time would be pretty much stuck in one system

the lack of originality doesn't bother me

it's a necessary fix
I hope they don't, never played Eve, but that option as you describe it doen't feel in line with the ultra-detailed realism that CR is going for.
Very likely the long distance travelling will be addressed in other ways, that actually fit into the SC idea: commercial flight.
You'll be able to take a flight, sit at your designated spot, and then log out... the filight will procede with a your AI controlled-clone and when the flight arrive as you log in you'll spawn into the spaceport terminal or at a hub in the local abitation area... or in the same sit if the flight is yet to compleat.

Cloning will be very likely limited to the DOSM mechanincs adn will allow you to "resurrect"after your ship crashed... or you get killed in other fancy way.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
I hope they don't, never played Eve, but that option as you describe it doen't feel in line with the ultra-detailed realism that CR is going for.
Very likely the long distance travelling will be addressed in other ways, that actually fit into the SC idea: commercial flight.
You'll be able to take a flight, sit at your designated spot, and then log out... the filight will procede with a your AI controlled-clone and when the flight arrive as you log in you'll spawn into the spaceport terminal or at a hub in the local abitation area... or in the same sit if the flight is yet to compleat.

Cloning will be very likely limited to the DOSM mechanincs adn will allow you to "resurrect"after your ship crashed... or you get killed in other fancy way.
Yep, agree 100%

I don't want to see clone hopping like in Eve, makes the size of the universe meaningless, and also it makes bounty hunting basically impossible if you can just teleport around to a system on the other side of the universe. Even if you can only choose a different location on death, you could just kill yourself the least " damaging" way and be out of trouble in a second. That's bullshit, not good gameplay.
Adding in the insurance system for ships and even upgrades, it upsets the time investment+risk=reward system significantly, and makes your actions have little consequence regarding your character, which in turn leads to the mindless spawn-rush gameplay we currently have.
I don't want any of this.

Edit: ooh, I can feel.special now cos I watched the video while it was still up! Yay me!

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Zyloh contacted me and said that CIG would prefer it NDA content was not put out on youtube.
It's lucky I hadn't got round to watching it yet!

Our [CORPORATE EFFICIENCY] grows! Today a message from Zyloh, tomorrow a message from Disco, the day after that... CR?

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Yep, agree 100%

I don't want to see clone hopping like in Eve, makes the size of the universe meaningless, and also it makes bounty hunting basically impossible if you can just teleport around to a system on the other side of the universe. Even if you can only choose a different location on death, you could just kill yourself the least " damaging" way and be out of trouble in a second. That's bullshit, not good gameplay.
Adding in the insurance system for ships and even upgrades, it upsets the time investment+risk=reward system significantly, and makes your actions have little consequence regarding your character, which in turn leads to the mindless spawn-rush gameplay we currently have.
I don't want any of this.

Edit: ooh, I can feel.special now cos I watched the video while it was still up! Yay me!
I think there is a lot of jumping to conclusions. I think the cloning process they used in the dev name objects is in reference to how they plan on handling the the current medical system respawning after death at the nearest medical center. Not how Eve has clones built into their game mechanics.

As others have mentioned CIG has been pretty stedfast so far in how they want the death mechanics to work, how they want your char to age and show battle scars and how everything in the verse is physicalized. While they are entertaining the idea of Agent Smithing it so far seems to be to allow you to control a NPC for a play session on a friends ship but that it does nothing for your char story. (Reputation, wealth, location, etc)

Sky Captain

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 13, 2018
RSI Handle
TheSkyCaptain
Too bad the video got the boot. Makes me wonder why CIG doesn't police Star Citizen Leaks the same way (3.14 leaks are still up on their site).

While they are entertaining the idea of Agent Smithing it so far seems to be to allow you to control a NPC for a play session on a friends ship but that it does nothing for your char story. (Reputation, wealth, location)
While I can see some logic behind that, it seems like another nail in the multi-player coffin: Why fly in an NPC multi-crew seat without advancement when you can bring your own ship and can?.

Ayeteeone

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 22, 2018
RSI Handle
Ayeteeone
F*** the leakers.

If you are willing to break the trust of a simple NDA, it says a lot about your utter lack of character, and I don't want to fly with you, contract with you, or trust you in a fight. GTFO.

Whether there should or should not be an NDA for non-corporate individuals such as content creators and Evocati is a different question, and probably the more relevant one. BUT at this time there is an NDA. It being broken has slowly eroded CIG's trust to where some things are released without being seen in Evo, and subgroups have been created in an attempt to slow the leaks.

So, when you get a buggy feature or ship, maybe ask if it's that way because it never actually got to be tested beyond internal QA.

There are other legitimate reasons to live up to the NDA, practical ones such as the huge changes that often happen during Evo testing. But for me, it's just people who should be trustworthy, being shitty humans. And It's been my overwhelming experience that people who cheat the small stuff, are also cheating the important stuff.

Ayeteeone out.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
There are other legitimate reasons to live up to the NDA, practical ones such as the huge changes that often happen during Evo testing. But for me, it's just people who should be trustworthy, being shitty humans. And It's been my overwhelming experience that people who cheat the small stuff, are also cheating the important stuff.
I think that is probably the best way to put it. Well said!

stockish

Space Marshal
Nov 24, 2018
RSI Handle
Stockish
Leaks won't stop unless CIG takes legal action, which at this point would be more expensive than the reward to do so.

Unless they figure out or do something to make it clear who is leaking, we're going to see leaks happen.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Loose lips melt pledge ships.

It's possible some of the things leaked won't make it to PU soon, or even at all. Remember the salt when that developer used a Dev Tool sidearm Pistol to blow up a ship in a video to show damage states and the whole community started demanding the OP pew pew...? Backers have walked away from the project because the Cutlass went from 3 engines to 2, the damage of false hope in regard to absolutely any feature is real and tangible.

Forgot your password?