3.17.2 Evocati Leak

Patrick Spaceman

Grand Admiral
Oct 4, 2020
RSI Handle
Patrick_Spaceman
Hmm as much as the frendly marker makes sense I'm not sure of the "easy mode" introduction: one interesting thing for the bunker mission is the need to identify friendly NPC. AC mission ware a mess, but that could be easily solved by a dopting a different color scheme.
On the other hand that is an interestign feature to be adopted in other scenario too, like party/org squad where in addition to name tags you'll have an IFF feature.
I'll also excpect this is an initial test bed for HUD customization for military class helmet...

After all this could, in a log run, bring more benefit then drowbacks.
Time will tell. Also it seems every man and his cat on YouTube is using the same document to make videos. One other even showed the document they were referencing which was the same one posted earlier in here.

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
I don't see identifying friendlies as problematic

if CIG can pull off server meshing in the present day, my expectation is that 900 years in the future everyone and their affiliations will be instantly knowable

Reactions: Bambooza

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
It is an IFF HUD element, but it only makes sense to impliment in certain situations. When Accepting a mission to go support Company personnel, it is beleivable to assume that said company has some sort of IFF system they can give you guest access to. But, however, if you are addressing a hostage/hijack situation, it would make sense that there would be a bit of confusion as to who is who.

~Then again, I play a lot of Squad and Arma where target identification is an intentional gameplay challenge at times~

Last edited:
Forgot your password?