3.17.2 IS LIVE!

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
maybe I'll download this one. I have not logged into SC for 6 months.
3.17.1 has been really enjoyable for me, it felt like playing an actual video game even if a little buggy, so if this release isn't worse on crashes and such, I think you might enjoy it!
TBH when it comes to bugs, at this point it's not much worse than a Bethesda RPG on launch day lol

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
I got 9.3 mil aUEC. WTF? I played like 50 hours maybe, I think? It's a welcome surprise, I gotta think about what ship to spend it on now lol

Theres 87/92 of us on one server, and I still have all my ships I bought in 3.17.1! WTF!

edit: one is missing but instead I got a titan, a prospector and a MSR?? oh oh, something didn't go well with that wipe

wow, everyones got so much credit that we are waiting in line on loreville to buy ships on the single effing console lol There's now like 7 of us standing around waiting to access the terminal

Last edited:

Patrick Spaceman

Grand Admiral
Oct 4, 2020
RSI Handle
Patrick_Spaceman
I got 9.3 mil aUEC. WTF? I played like 50 hours maybe, I think? It's a welcome surprise, I gotta think about what ship to spend it on now lol

Theres 87/92 of us on one server, and I still have all my ships I bought in 3.17.1! WTF!

edit: one is missing but instead I got a titan, a prospector and a MSR?? oh oh, something didn't go well with that wipe

wow, everyones got so much credit that we are waiting in line on loreville to buy ships on the single effing console lol There's now like 7 of us standing around waiting to access the terminal
Apparently based on time played in the previous patch. I finished last patch with less than 500K, logged in today after the update to 21 mil aUEC. I only expected maybe 20-40K more than normal, buy a laser mining head, a rifle and ammo and some med pens and have a few aUEC left over and then go figure it out...but no...CIG decided on multi-millionaire.

Fine CIG have it your way...i'll take your aUEC, and I WILL protest by buying a 600i....in your face CIG..

EDIT: After posting this reply, I marched straight to Astro Armada in Area 18 and bought a 600i.....that will teach CIG a lesson.

Last edited:

Brictoria

Rear Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria

I logged off last night (3.17.1) with 5.7 million aUEC (1.9 from "audio visual equipment", 1 million from a giveaway on a stream - I'm a more relaxed player) and logged in to 3.17.2 with over 11 million.

Now to work out what to spend it on (I wish you could buy a ROC at Area 18, not have to go to Loreville for it...)

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I only had enough time to download the new patch, log in and look at my allowance...

...A cool one and a half mil. I laughed out loud, I am definately underperforming if that is how much I'm supposed to have made, I made like 20k aUEC!

Last edited:

GPcustoms

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 3, 2019
RSI Handle
GPcustom
I think I might need to spend more time at the range....When I played today I had more than 51 Million:wut:
Of course I did what most folks would do when confronted with such a problem.......I modded every ship in my inventory and financed a few ships for players at 18:like:
Solid run with only a few bugged bunker missions....Even deployed a probe in my now functioning Redeemer(fridge is borked however)...Great loot:o7:

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Well, I already spent my allowence so.. Bought a Warden and a bunch of other stuff. Tons of armor, weapons and stuff so I don't have to go around shopping for a while. Although I'll have to move it all over to Orison for the siege I guess.

So far, annoying bugs as follows:
- dying due to crashing into random shit while doing quantum. I had one where I accepted a "search for crewmember in a Starfarer wreck" mission, with the wreck being on the surface. While I was exiting quantum arriving at the moon, a space wreck of the Starfarer spawned and my ships crashed straight through it. Obviously my ship did a Michael Bay...
- great new netcode, except multiple instances of non reactive controls in flight mostly on approach to stations. I crashed and died into stations quiet a few times due to this
- when entering inventory screen, mouse pointer is stuck in middle of screen, when moved it snaps back. Workaround is to just get in a ship and fly somewhere else. It might actually work if you just use an interaction like Sit or somthing, didn't test it yet as it only happened twice
- mouse cursor doesn't show when entering mobiglass. Fix is, you just try again until it does? Or maybe the same as above, change location, interact, I dunno...
- lifts teleport again, but according to ingame chat they break a lot more often. Lot of ppl had issues with non responsive lifts

I did a reset comm station mission, no enemies spawned. I dunno if this is intended or not, easiest 10K I ever made.

Anooying Features:

Still had to wait in line but this time I could pick up a new ship after 10 minutes. I enjoy the crowd, but we need more kiosks. There is zero reason why we couldn't have like 2-4 in a ship shop just like we do in others.

FOUR FUCKING TURRETS!! on Hurston Bunker missions at least, don't know about other locations yet. I can't do my land behind the base routine, had to walk from a klick away. Also this negates any sense in trying to loot anything you can't carry on you. So I only looted a sniper rifle and an LMG to use in the siege later.
Ai was okay, had some shots coming my way cos I didn't bring a silencer as they changed around the shop inventory and couldn't buy one at my usual spot. Spotting reaction time was slow as always, couple of seconds but after that, shooting them felt more reactive (they actually dropped dead as soon as I shot em, not 5 seconds later). Also a welcome surprise was that I could see them firing and missing me. This didn't happen before, I never really saw the bullets fly, I had to guess if I was getting hit or not because by the time the game synced up everything I was either dead, close to dead, or they missed me entirely. This time it worked waaaay smoother.

Hangars at space ports are welcome, cos of the above bug where I couldn't change out of my medical gown and had to get on my ship. But where the hell are the pads? Stations still supoosed to have quick-land pads where you don't have to ask for permission, you just land and repair/rearm. Couldn't find em.

I landed my ship on a space station, got out of my seat, looked around for a moment in the cockpit. Next thing I see is the screen blinked and then the lifts in the lobby. I got teleported out of the hangar, my ship got stored I think. 15 seconds after I touched down. I'm guessing there's so much traffic that the server decided to clear the pad for someone else's ship spawning in?

If you drop armor, you lose your weapon and items stored on it. At least they were not present when opening the armor crate. They just disappeared. So if you wanna change armor on the go (like changing into a dead guys armor) you need to drop everything on the ground that you want to keep I guess? At least your weapon and mags.

Question:
Where's the new populated wrecks at? What reputation I need and with whom to get those missions?

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
I should just rename this thread to EVERYTHING IS BROKEN AGAIN.
Cos it is... Lifts don't work, inventory doesn't persist at all, money doesn't persist (that's a new one for me) , respawn location doesn't persist, logout location doesn't persist, the reputation we supposedly carried over doesn't show and doesn't give the right level of missions, AI won't spawn... do I need to go on? you get the picture.
I'm very disappointed. Again.
Especially that while got to keep my Warden and the items I bought with my stipend, I was reduced back to the starting 20k auec AND due to inventory not persisting I lost about half of the stuff I had. About 30 sets of armor, guns and ammo... hundreds of thousands worth of stuff, not to mention the time invested in buying them and getting them to freakin Crusader...
Fuck this, I'll be back next week when someone competent wipes our wallet again and we get a proper hotfix in for the persistence issues.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
I gave SoO a go, and after some fun with elevators (read, I had to relog 7 times) i finally managed to get some kills in with some friendly randos. It was fun reviving each other, covering, moving in sorta formation. What wasn't fun is that the first boss bugs out all the time and can't be killed. What's also not fun is how my wallet keeps resetting to 20K no matter how much more I logged out with. I'll wait at least a week, se if things improve. I'm guessing the server cap will be lowered and the event removed.

Forgot your password?