3.18 PU Thought Experiment

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Nuts to that. (If correct)
It doesn't need to be correct, but it is an issue that CIG has not really ... I want to say acknowledged but that isn't quite right. Explained properly is possibly more correct.

Persistent Entity Streaming sounds like a front end to a plain old asset server in the background. It just hasn't been explained very well, and I think the reason why is they are going with a concept that has no proof of concept yet. Ditto Server Meshing. That has a lot of ramifications, and explains the development time this game is consuming as an alpha.

Reactions: NaffNaffBobFace

CRISS9000

Space Marshal
Jul 13, 2016
RSI Handle
criss9000
CIG would probably make it so that one bomb would cause a shock wave strong enough to move stuff...

or just instance hopping.

also, is test going to be the star citizen equivalent of goonswarm? "we're not here to ruin [the] game, we're just here to ruin [your] game".

Reactions: Vavrik

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Well, fortunately there's no need to flush yet. We don't currently have either the urge, or the required biological equipment yet.
I dunno about that I've been earing and eating for patches now... that first dump is going to be epic.

Forgot your password?