3.18 PU Thought Experiment

DieSmitty

Commander
Jan 6, 2023
RSI Handle
DieSmitty
When Persistent Entity Streaming goes live in the PU I would like to create an Area Denial experiment to test the reactions of CIG and the player base. The test would entail purchasing waste, consumables like water bottles, half used magazines, corpses and ship carcasses. We would then place said items in a point of interest like a river, the Snake Pit, Jump Town, or making a section of the Daymar Rally impassable. Imagine two orgs are battling it out at Jump Town. One Org final secures the airspace around it. On the ground a lattice work of ship carcasses surround the building making it tough to enter . First boots on the ground cycle the airlock and every square inch of the place is filled with waste containers. Personally I think dumping waste , corpses, and water bottles on the banks of the new rivers would elicit the most responses. I think it would be too easy to add something similar to what ATC does to Jump Town, or the Snake pit.

I would like to see how CIG reacts. Would they manipulate the market by raising the prices of Waste and consumables? Would they create a crime stat for littering? Or would they introduce a decay timer?

Would the players patrol these points of Interest trying to stop them from being polluted or would they eagerly participate in the Area Denial?

Ltmifune

Captain
Nov 6, 2022
RSI Handle
ltmifune
I HATE THIS IDEA! ! !
Where do I sign up. I am against the trashing of rivers. I am 1 million percent in support for trashing stations. One of my fav things to do is gather loads of corpses and release them in station air space and dropping them over populated areas.

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
I would like to see how CIG reacts. Would they manipulate the market by raising the prices of Waste and consumables? Would they create a crime stat for littering? Or would they introduce a decay timer?

Would the players patrol these points of Interest trying to stop them from being polluted or would they eagerly participate in the Area Denial?
Pretty sure that would just engage the automatic cleanup halfway through.

Dirtbag_Leader

Admiral
Nov 27, 2020
RSI Handle
Dirtbag_Leader
Pretty sure that would just engage the automatic cleanup halfway through.
Yeah as much as I'm TOTALLY on board with this plan and will gladly help you test it, I'm reasonably sure that CIG have already protected against this sort of thing with their cleanup routine. Othewise, we quickly wouldn't be able to get to the ASOP terminals through the amount of hospital gowns everywhere.
HOWEVER. . . Aren't player ships more or less excluded from the automatic cleanup? Might be time to roll out our fleet of Auroras. . .

DieSmitty

Commander
Jan 6, 2023
RSI Handle
DieSmitty
I HATE THIS IDEA! ! !
Where do I sign up. I am against the trashing of rivers. I am 1 million percent in support for trashing stations. One of my fav things to do is gather loads of corpses and release them in station air space and dropping them over populated areas.
I thinking a river would generate a response though. They put the time and effort in for players to appreciate the magnificence of these game and how do the players return the favor by simply dumping trash into it. High traffic areas would surely get some kind off cleanup.

Carlos Spicyweiner

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2015
RSI Handle
DMGunslinger
When Persistent Entity Streaming goes live in the PU I would like to create an Area Denial experiment to test the reactions of CIG and the player base. The test would entail purchasing waste, consumables like water bottles, half used magazines, corpses and ship carcasses. We would then place said items in a point of interest like a river, the Snake Pit, Jump Town, or making a section of the Daymar Rally impassable. Imagine two orgs are battling it out at Jump Town. One Org final secures the airspace around it. On the ground a lattice work of ship carcasses surround the building making it tough to enter . First boots on the ground cycle the airlock and every square inch of the place is filled with waste containers. Personally I think dumping waste , corpses, and water bottles on the banks of the new rivers would elicit the most responses. I think it would be too easy to add something similar to what ATC does to Jump Town, or the Snake pit.

Last week, I killed a man for Ruto. Got me 9000 space bucks and a lvl 3 crime stat. The way I killed him was by accidentally ramming him at 300m/s uncoupled (I’m an excellent pilot), so I respawned in Grim Hex instead instead of jail. I went down to the ASOP to grab a ship and head to a security post and hack away my crime stat. When I got down to the ASOP, the place had like 20 corpses in the way , scattered all over the place. Was that you testing your theory?

DieSmitty

Commander
Jan 6, 2023
RSI Handle
DieSmitty
Last week, I killed a man for Ruto. Got me 9000 space bucks and a lvl 3 crime stat. The way I killed him was by accidentally ramming him at 300m/s uncoupled (I’m an excellent pilot), so I respawned in Grim Hex instead instead of jail. I went down to the ASOP to grab a ship and head to a security post and hack away my crime stat. When I got down to the ASOP, the place had like 20 corpses in the way , scattered all over the place. Was that you testing your theory?
I wish. I have been choosing to sleep rather than have fun lately. I am not entirely sure I have been making the best choice.

edit: forgot the word not

Last edited:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Personally I'm going to buy up the whole stock of Picos in New Babbage Space Port and make a persistent audiance for the AI lady.

If i can start a myth its good luck to offer up a sacrifice of a Pico to the Babbage AI bwfore going on a trip I'll be able to get everyone doing it.

Last edited:

Mudhawk

Rear Admiral
Donor
Oct 30, 2022
RSI Handle
Mudhawk
Personally, I think the real test of that new server meshing and persistance featur will be the hospital elevator at Grim Hex.
No need to bring bodies. They do pile up there all by themselve.
If you are feeling mean then block other elevators with boxes and junk.
People are frail.
They go suicidal if the elevators are not working...
Just don't block the elevators at the flats. That would be mean...
(Not to selve, first thing in 3.18, move to spacestation.)
😅

Reactions: Scape and Vavrik

Carlos Spicyweiner

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2015
RSI Handle
DMGunslinger
Personally I'm going to buy up the whole stock of Picos in New Babbage Space Port and make a persistent audiance for the AI lady.

If i can start a myth its good luck to offer up a sacrifice of a Pico to the Babbage AI bwfore going on a trip I'll be able to get everyone doing it.
LOL, that’s hilarious! I’m in!

Ltmifune

Captain
Nov 6, 2022
RSI Handle
ltmifune
I thinking a river would generate a response though. They put the time and effort in for players to appreciate the magnificence of these game and how do the players return the favor by simply dumping trash into it. High traffic areas would surely get some kind off cleanup.
I think beyond salvaging, there should some form of composition for cleaning around cities, space ports, and the world in general.

Lt's Sanitation Services - "We'll take care of your Clorpses in a dignified manner."
"A clean community, is a Clorpse free community."
"Crackdown on the Gown!!!"

Scape

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 2, 2019
RSI Handle
Scape_TEST
When PES is live i will be finding a little cache somewhere on some moon and stashing a few things for emergency's. Hopefully they will persist properly.

(Vavrik you may now like this post)

Reactions: Vavrik

Mudhawk

Rear Admiral
Donor
Oct 30, 2022
RSI Handle
Mudhawk
They're busted half the time. Either you cant get them to open a landing pad for you, or if they do you can't get the elevator to get out of the hanger after you land
In summary: Port Olizar need a hospital ASAP.
Only stairs, no elevators.
Like those other stations got.
Then I'd be perfect for 3.18.
And horribly overrun...

• o7
Forgot your password?