3.5.1 Ship Customization thoughts

SoloFlyer

Grand Admiral
May 27, 2018
RSI Handle
housebroken
Ok, next question, are the equipment packages you pay extra for covered by the insurance? I'm probably going to need the assist so maybe getting the package with the gimbal mounts might be a good idea if they are covered by the insurance and I'd probably pick them up in game anyway.

Reactions: NaffNaffBobFace

Michael

Space Marshal
Sep 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Pewbaca
Ok, next question, are the equipment packages you pay extra for covered by the insurance? I'm probably going to need the assist so maybe getting the package with the gimbal mounts might be a good idea if they are covered by the insurance and I'd probably pick them up in game anyway.
Star citizen ship costumization Q&A said:
What happens to the aspects of the ship you customized when your ship is destroyed or reclaimed?

In these scenarios, manufacturer customizations are covered under the base insurance, meaning when you respawn your ship, it will already have your customizations/loadout equipped. This means no more having to re-equip your customizations after your ship has been destroyed/reclaimed. We’re very happy to share that with the rollout of 3.5.1, this is not only exclusive to using the customization tool – changes you make to your ship in-game will persist after being reclaimed. Longer term, your insurance deductible will be based on the equipment/attachments on your ship.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
We’re very happy to share that with the rollout of 3.5.1, this is not only exclusive to using the customization tool – changes you make to your ship in-game will persist after being reclaimed.[/URL]
So if I pop a scatter-gun on the nose of my 350r, it'll stay? No more losing it after insurance claim?

Slagg

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 17, 2018
RSI Handle
Slagg
Personally, I like the XC ballistic weapons package the best but just like earlier comments have stated, all this could and most likely will change.
I also need to test the persistence of components on ships after reclaiming them. This would be a game changer if it has been successfully implemented.
My ride...

Reactions: Lorddarthvik

SoloFlyer

Grand Admiral
May 27, 2018
RSI Handle
housebroken
That's good. For my 300i I think it was only 2 dollars more for the equipment pack with the gimbal mounts. Regardless of what stats may change in the package I'm probably going to upgrade equipment in game at some point anyway, but I'll probably be using gimbal assist for the long term so having it be covered by the insurance is nice

Forgot your password?