3.9.1 pushed to live

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
That sux. Yes, the rental place should still be there. Next to the M50 that's on display I think?
Not only that currently its a free fly week so all of the ships on display you can rent for free all you have to do is walk up to them and interact to rent.
Thanks dudes, I'm going to use the circumstances as an opportunity to play in a way I otherwise would not have had the chance to bother trying 🙂

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I am happy to confirm that the rental place in Hurston worked and put an Aurora ES in my empty hangar for a bit over 2k aUEC for one day. Got me from Hurston to ArcCorp which is what I needed it for, got there just in time to see the Fleet roll in and park up which was nice. Landed at Area 18 and the show hasn't changed over to todays show-hall yet so all-in-all I'm feeling like I'm in a good position.

Thanks for all advice, for that trip the Aurora ES was the best ship in the 'Verse - the available one. Don't get yourself ground-bound, chums. When I get my hangar back if any of you are ever stranded on the floor, give me a shout and I'll come running to pick you up, that stuff sucks.

GPcustoms

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 3, 2019
RSI Handle
GPcustom
Well I caught the bug everyone on chat is complaining about :mad: ,...Thats right,...The I can't claim my expensive A rated Prospector from Olisar and Hurston Bug. And just as I was getting used to it and teething on the aspect of the mining gig. Any locations that are better to try than others,...Servers,...stations etc?
Can I strip the ship down to its basic form in the hanger and then just melt it?....That Helix mining head was expensive:o7:
Any work around other than a wipe....To much grind this go around to even contemplate it but you guys and gals have a knack for finding solutions.:like:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Well I caught the bug everyone on chat is complaining about :mad: ,...Thats right,...The I can't claim my expensive A rated Prospector from Olisar and Hurston Bug. And just as I was getting used to it and teething on the aspect of the mining gig. Any locations that are better to try than others,...Servers,...stations etc?
Can I strip the ship down to its basic form in the hanger and then just melt it?....That Helix mining head was expensive:o7:
Any work around other than a wipe....To much grind this go around to even contemplate it but you guys and gals have a knack for finding solutions.:like:
I've been having this with my Starfarer.

I land at port Olisar after an hour round trip picking some gas from Hurston to sell, log out and boom next time I log in even if it's immediately I can't claim the ship at the terminal, it's available, the pads are clear but it can't spawn it. I have to go over the the nearest spawn pad which is Grim Hex or CRU1 (I usually Choose CRU 'cos gankers over Hex way) and claim it on insurance, then fly back to Olisar. I take a disposable ship I don't usually use because that one will then be borked when I land and switch back to the 'Farer.

I've started logging out in the Starfarers bed. I fly out far enough that I can no longer pick up any ships on my scanner (about 35km in my case) and bed down. As long as the server/persistence doesn't fail I wake up back on board. I don't know if the Prospector has a bed but it's worth a shot.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
I haven't found a solution to the claim-fails yet apart from trying again and again on different servers in different places each day. It sometimes works. That's how I got my freelancer back the other day after 2 days of retries.

@NaffNaffBobFace
One thing to note, if you request a ship and the console says they can't serve you, check the console again! Every time this happened, I had the ship actually spawned on a pad, and it was written on the console which one. Also I think it's pip was showing with my helmet on. So do check if it's only a slightly bugged console and actually the ship is there or not!

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I haven't found a solution to the claim-fails yet apart from trying again and again on different servers in different places each day. It sometimes works. That's how I got my freelancer back the other day after 2 days of retries.

@NaffNaffBobFace
One thing to note, if you request a ship and the console says they can't serve you, check the console again! Every time this happened, I had the ship actually spawned on a pad, and it was written on the console which one. Also I think it's pip was showing with my helmet on. So do check if it's only a slightly bugged console and actually the ship is there or not!
Interesting findings, I'll have a scout about next time. I choose Oli as my port of choice, perhaps it's sentimental, however since this error I have a new found love for logging out / logging back in in space. Just feels a bit safer you know you're less likely to get ganked, although when the ship spawns in the deep black its powered down so you gotta get to the bridge and power and sheilds online right away.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Interesting findings, I'll have a scout about next time. I choose Oli as my port of choice, perhaps it's sentimental, however since this error I have a new found love for logging out / logging back in in space. Just feels a bit safer you know you're less likely to get ganked, although when the ship spawns in the deep black its powered down so you gotta get to the bridge and power and sheilds online right away.
Yeah I know what you mean, although I personally had never been ganked lol

The risk in logging in the dark is that the persistence messed up for me multiple times now where it spawned my ship at world-center zero coords, aka right next to the Sun. I'm guessing there is a "collision avoidence" system built in that won't spawn you right inside an object, and that's the only reason I spawned next to it, not inside it. Anyways, on multiple occasions my ship was too low on fuel (aurora usually) to make it to anywhere, and I had to self destruct anyways.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Yeah I know what you mean, although I personally had never been ganked lol

The risk in logging in the dark is that the persistence messed up for me multiple times now where it spawned my ship at world-center zero coords, aka right next to the Sun. I'm guessing there is a "collision avoidence" system built in that won't spawn you right inside an object, and that's the only reason I spawned next to it, not inside it. Anyways, on multiple occasions my ship was too low on fuel (aurora usually) to make it to anywhere, and I had to self destruct anyways.
I'm envious, did you ever manage to fly into it?

Reactions: Blind Owl

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
I'm envious, did you ever manage to fly into it?
Nope, I was usually too pissed off at SC for messing up again that I didn't really bother to try. I did try to head that way once, but it seemed like I wasn't making any progress so after about 10 minutes I gave up. I did quantum through it back a few patches ago though. Well, not really through cos I think it's 2D.
I don't think there is an actual Sphere there. I think it's a point light (CG term for a dimensionless light emitting in every direction) or a directional light (light with perfectly parallel "beams" of light) that always faces you and a 2d sprite drawn over it or something similar. I'd have to look into it more to tell what's going on...
I think I posted these screenshots once already, but here it is again of how it looks like:
ScreenShot2125.jpgScreenShot2126.jpgScreenShot2127.jpgScreenShot2128.jpgScreenShot2129.jpgScreenShot2130.jpg

PS: yes, you can blot out the sun with an aurora, if you look at it from the right direction lol

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Nope, I was usually too pissed off at SC for messing up again that I didn't really bother to try. I did try to head that way once, but it seemed like I wasn't making any progress so after about 10 minutes I gave up. I did quantum through it back a few patches ago though. Well, not really through cos I think it's 2D.
I don't think there is an actual Sphere there. I think it's a point light (CG term for a dimensionless light emitting in every direction) or a directional light (light with perfectly parallel "beams" of light) that always faces you and a 2d sprite drawn over it or something similar. I'd have to look into it more to tell what's going on...
I think I posted these screenshots once already, but here it is again of how it looks like:
View attachment 17490View attachment 17491View attachment 17492View attachment 17493View attachment 17494View attachment 17495

PS: yes, you can blot out the sun with an aurora, if you look at it from the right direction lol
Wow many thanks for the details that's awesome :)

We'll find a way to crash into it even if it only has two dimensions, for the GLORY of TEST!

EDIT -
Here's an idea: As Quantum drives compress space, if we can arrange a few correctly we might be able to bend space at 90 degrees and make this 2d sun a cube, like when using a flat piece of wrapping paper to envelop a box. There we go, now we have a 3 dimensional object to hit!

Forgot your password?