400i Coming Soon™

Sayora

Grand Admiral
Donor
Oct 23, 2018
RSI Handle
Sayora
I doubt that's reliable intel. Thus far CIG has always treated reactors, cooler, and such as 3:1 size jump, so as far as I can recall they have never put three of any component into a ship. They'd merely trade up in size. That said, I'd much rather have the flexibility of triple components, so I hope the intel is right. I'm certainly interested in this size ship.
Maybe, but I have to say SC Leaks has a very good track record of being right. I kinda hope they are wrong I think is very much infringing on the 600i so doesn't make much sense but then again CIG sometimes doesn't make sense.

Reactions: Blind Owl and Scape

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
I doubt that's reliable intel. Thus far CIG has always treated reactors, cooler, and such as 3:1 size jump, so as far as I can recall they have never put three of any component into a ship. They'd merely trade up in size. That said, I'd much rather have the flexibility of triple components, so I hope the intel is right. I'm certainly interested in this size ship.
Ehmm.... Sabre, Nomads.... ok, thery are not Powerplant, still they both have 3 shields. It could be that this ship fall right into a range that 2xS2 whould be short, while 2xS3 whould be exagerated....
Considering also the probable stats of the ship are very particular both in size and equipment, I don't see the option of 3xS2 so unlikely, uncommon perhaps.

Perhaps an X1 bike-rack rather than a full size hangar?
The fan.made concept go exactly in that direction with a small hangar for bike size vehicles, eventualy a PTV, but unlikely something like a Cyclone or bigger.

Sky Captain

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 13, 2018
RSI Handle
TheSkyCaptain
Ah, the 400i series. We knew they were going to do this one day. It was just a matter of time.

Having another ship to compete in Constellation, Retaliator, and Freelancer sized space is a good thing, IMHO.

Reactions: Blind Owl and Scape

Ayeteeone

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 22, 2018
RSI Handle
Ayeteeone
Terrapin - 3 size 1 coolers
Sabre (all versions) - 3 size shields. Originally listed with 4.
Nomad - 3 size 1 shields
Edit: Reclaimer 3 shields, 3 coolers

There may be other examples. There are also those cases where the original fittings were upsized after release, such as the shields on the 600i.

Having said that, I would personally prefer 3 smaller to one larger. Cheaper to acquire, run and repair, as well as physical manipulation. There is also the fact that there are fewer options for type in the larger sizes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scape and Blind Owl

Mastersan

Space Marshal
Aug 14, 2017
RSI Handle
Mastersan
Regarding the "military version" I honestly don't find any of the Origin ship a "military" compliant ship: they are neither rugged or spartan as for example an Avenrger or a Cutlass, may be more suitable for a high standard security force for VIP protection or personal PMC then a proper military force.
I also don't see Origin as a military supplier, yet their rover is in lore said to be used by the military. Ursa Rover in my view, while not really military, is much more suited to be military APC than Origin rover. The same goes for ships, in my opinion. You could use a super-yacht for military purposes, but it's not a replacement for proper military ships, which we know are done by Aegis and Anvil primarily, then some by Crusader.

However, you never know, e.g. Porsche used to / was involved with making tanks in WWII (Tiger tank), while currently it's known for super-cars.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
However, you never know, e.g. Porsche used to / was involved with making tanks in WWII (Tiger tank), while currently it's known for super-cars.
Hmm fair point here... considering the upcoming treat of the Xeno-things terrorism in Crusader (and I suppose in the rest of the UEE) and the evergrowing "call to arms" to civilian, this could be a good reason for a manifacturer like Origin to produce a military vessel. Intriguing 🤔....

Reactions: Blind Owl

Michael

Space Marshal
Sep 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Pewbaca
Hmm fair point here... considering the upcoming treat of the Xeno-things terrorism in Crusader (and I suppose in the rest of the UEE) and the evergrowing "call to arms" to civilian, this could be a good reason for a manifacturer like Origin to produce a military vessel. Intriguing 🤔....
you will also need to acknowledge when Porsche helped building tanks he wasn't a sports car manufacturer.
Some of his cars before and at that time:

Esctasy

Admiral
Donor
Nov 28, 2018
RSI Handle
Esctasy
And of course I wait to check the newest leaks till after I finish that last post. Looks like they fished out the size and components

If that's real size 3 shield on a bigger medium ship

32x56x12.5
2 turrets with 2xS3
2xS4 with gimbal S3 for pilot
3xS2 power plant
1xS3 shield
3xS2 cooler
S2 qdrive
I don't think it can have a S3 shield. Those belong to large ships (not medium). If it did, then it will be my new favorite combat ship.

Reactions: Blind Owl and SARGE

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
View attachment 19864 this paints a picture of it's size

and this pic shows a bit more details View attachment 19865
Hmmm, I'm not sure those two pictures relate to each other. The seats in the second picture can clearly be seen through the cockpit window to be in a similar 3 seats in a row layout to the Connie, and the cockpit (the glass part) looks to be just about as big with the 3 seat layout, but the first picture has a person being dwarfed by the ship like it's 600i sized you could fit 10 seats side by side if that was the same ship...?

If this is the 400 it's a sweeeeet looking ride, where'd you find these, has an email gone out to Concierge or has there been a video I've missed?

Reactions: SARGE and Blind Owl

Ayeteeone

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 22, 2018
RSI Handle
Ayeteeone
Hmmm, I'm not sure those two pictures relate to each other. The seats in the second picture can clearly be seen through the cockpit window to be in a similar 3 seats in a row layout to the Connie, and the cockpit (the glass part) looks to be just about as big with the 3 seat layout, but the first picture has a person being dwarfed by the ship like it's 600i sized you could fit 10 seats side by side if that was the same ship...?

If this is the 400 it's a sweeeeet looking ride, where'd you find these, has an email gone out to Concierge or has there been a video I've missed?
There's yet another whole thing about leaked items from the Evo patch. It's just as likely to be trolling as the CNOU Black Widow was. This image is fan created.. and imo misses the mark on the design language.

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
There's yet another whole thing about leaked items from the Evo patch. It's just as likely to be trolling as the CNOU Black Widow was. This image is fan created.. and imo misses the mark on the design language.
Totally agree on it.
All the Origin ship since the 600i have a very clear design in the prow of the ship, both as a prow design itself and for the headlight, this is missing all of them.
Personally, if this will be the real final desing, I consider it ugly as hell: the front high prow is defenetly a pickaxe in the face especially considering the Origin smooth design line.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Totally agree on it.
All the Origin ship since the 600i have a very clear design in the prow of the ship, both as a prow design itself and for the headlight, this is missing all of them.
Personally, if this will be the real final desing, I consider it ugly as hell: the front high prow is defenetly a pickaxe in the face especially considering the Origin smooth design line.
Thanks to the poster of the original images, even if they are not genuine this is an interesting discussion.

Personally, I love the 890j and its mighty, pointy prow. I like the mirrored style on the 100i, I love the sportyness of the M50 it's in my opinion the one ship in the 'Verse they got right first time, and I used to love my 350R's styling and although the redesign has that wonderful Moon Roof, it's a lacks a little VaVaVoom the old design/s had which made them look like they were going 1000m/s when sat still on the pad... and when the 600i launched I was not taken with it at all. It's no where near my style.

Looking at that fan made concept it has the prow and it's got a certain Starship Titanic vibe about it. It's sleek, it's executive, I like it. Now I've got that expectation if it comes out with more of the 600i styling they've lost my pledge dough where I may have given it an even chance previously.

Leaks has a lot to answer for, yo.

Forgot your password?