600 series price confirmation

Grimm_Reaper

Space Marshal
May 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Grimm_Reaper
CIG's pricing has been getting higher with ships getting smaller. We will probably see a vanguard size civilian tourer and fighting version like a 600i and a 625a. I cannot imagine the reason behind the $35 price difference except for maybe weapon components or internal configuration single vs commercial jet 600i vs 600j.

I will be pleasantly surprised if this is a competitor to the Genesis Starliner. But the lore indicated a single person craft so in the end we'll never know till the reveal.

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
I just realized that the 890J was $600 for the concept sale and then, without any further work on it, got bumped up to $890.
"-Did any work on that 890J yet?
-No.
-Increase its price by 50% then."
By the time the ship will be flight ready in 2024, it will cost $43000.

Shinlen

Grand Admiral
Nov 1, 2015
RSI Handle
xShinlen
I just realized that the 890J was $600 for the concept sale and then, without any further work on it, got bumped up to $890.
"-Did any work on that 890J yet?
-No.
-Increase its price by 50% then."
By the time the ship will be flight ready in 2024, it will cost $43000.
Ofc you meant $43000 for LITE version with no equipment.

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
at 400+ bucks, it better be as big, if not bigger than a Connie (remember, it's a concept sale, which connies are hangar ready). I am thinking somewhere between a Connie and the 890J. I am almost wondering if it will bring back the "space superiority freighter" concept with a better interior, and better weapons/top speed/acceleration/etc. Aka, where the connie used to be.

No idea if it will be worth it or not...

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
I think they have realised how much development time it actually takes to build the big ships and are purposefully not selling any after all the big module ship they have kicked it into post release (not sure even god himself knows how far away that is). Of course they still want the dough so prices of the middle sized ships have increased.

The stealth drop ship was ridiculously expensive for its size. The 890j doesn't even have a purpose yet (well maybe a glorified taxi!). Sadly I know they will make the 600 look good, but will it be a rich persons toy or will it have a purpose more than willy wanging. (You know mine is bigger than yours). I am not dissing willy wanging (cough no reasons to worry!)

Look at the sales numbers its been a very slow year for progress and the sales number are down (not as much as I might have thought but down never the less) so they need it to be a success. 3.0 will probably only just make it this year by current reckoning and it being the only release this year it had better be more than good.

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
Of course they still want the dough so prices of the middle sized ships have increased.
The stealth drop ship was ridiculously expensive for its size.
It seems that the size of the ship isn't related to its price anymore. CIG wants to control the scarcity of each ship through the price.
The Hull-C has 10x the null-cargo mass of the Terrapin and they cost the same (+/- $5).

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Yeah, I'm as excited as everybody else, but $400 is way out of my league...oh well, I can always dream, right?
Just plan to buy one in game. It won't be that hard if you find a means of gainful employ. I'm betting it will be a beauty. Remember it costs more than the BMM. Expect something special.

The stealth drop ship was ridiculously expensive for its size.
It needs to be. That ship should be rare. Unless you have a need for stealth, you should not find it in your hangar. Consider why they deliberately did not include the ability to replace crew with cargo. They don't want people flying stealth cargo ships. Stealth is being protected as rare and dangerous.

Imagine if they let you put an entire electronic warfare unit in the Prowler's extra room and could fill your hold with cargo. Everyone flying small freight, every smuggler, every troop transport captain, would own one. The way to stop that is make the thing outrageously expensive, and severely limit it's uses. Hence, no cargo, no missiles, etc. But boy she does really have guns. . .way big guns!​

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
600 series adverts have begun.

#600reasons why CIG overprices ships.

https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/899683178906087427
I notice the #600reasons hash-tag already exists for a youth-opportunities orgainisation and was being used as far back as 2014...

Rule one of an effective Social Media campaign: make sure no one is using or has used your hashtag for something else... Rule two is to make sure it doesn't contain any hidden meanings, like #susanalbumparty.

*The flash plugin has crashed* Imagine a picture of a trollface here.

Last edited:
Forgot your password?