600i Q&A

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
I loved the concept of this ship, the style and design is just gorgeous, but I am somewhat worried about the functionality, I have no issues buying a ship that does less than an Aquila or a Carrack but there has to something to offset that and just looks in a game is not enough at this price tag, my hope is they add something unique to make this worth while, otherwise I think this will turn many off and it will simply be a ship someone gets far down the road in end game when they have the funds, so why spend time and money on a concept ship that may not sell very well due to these issues?

Its all good that is what melting is for in the end :P

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Screw that. Jump in my Cat, open the doors, strap in, and hold on for one hell of a show!

I'll pack them in for maximum profit. Efficiency is key.
Sounds like fun. I'm in.

...Or out, depending on the seatbelt. But hey, that's all part of the charm. "Is today the day I get sucked out the doors into the cold, dark void? Fuck it, I'd best have a beer."

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
Lets be honest after the 890 jump was successfully sold for $890 with 4 years insurance and its only roll is to play Hugh Hefner the 600i was no real surprise. It is just a connie equivalent with much less cargo and it is up to you whether you like the looks.

I do and converted a BMM and Herald to the explorer variant, I have the terrapin for solo explore and the carrack for large explore but I have always thought the carrack was to large. Even so why did they make the 600 explore have 5 crew it should have matched the Aquila there at least! I would not want the base 600i though at least I can explore with it.

Anyways now I have a small amount of time to decide what to turn the carrack into before $0 ccu disappear!

Reactions: Blind Owl

Kenlee

Space Marshal
Apr 30, 2017
RSI Handle
Kenlee
Lets be honest after the 890 jump was successfully sold for $890 with 4 years insurance and its only roll is to play Hugh Hefner the 600i was no real surprise. It is just a connie equivalent with much less cargo and it is up to you whether you like the looks.

I do and converted a BMM and Herald to the explorer variant, I have the terrapin for solo explore and the carrack for large explore but I have always thought the carrack was to large. Even so why did they make the 600 explore have 5 crew it should have matched the Aquila there at least! I would not want the base 600i though at least I can explore with it.

Anyways now I have a small amount of time to decide what to turn the carrack into before $0 ccu disappear!
the Aquila does not have a lot more cargo. the statspage is just not updated. Aquilas stats need fixing, not only in the cargometrics but also shield size etc. I actually expect the cargoholds to be somewhat similar.

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
here is DrafoFire's attempt at updating the ship matrix so people can compare ships in the new vs old styles

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/temp-matrix-fix-till-cig-update-it

From their post, here is the 600i vs the connie

Ship Name: Constellation Series
Null-Cargo Mass: 185,219.00kg (new) 80,530.00kg (old)
Estimated Operational Mass: 213,523.75kg
Max Power-Plant: 2x S2 (new) 1x S6 (old) (Phoenix 2x S2/1x S1 new)
Max Engine: 4x S2 (new) 4x TR5 (old)
Max Shield: 1x S3 (new) 1x S6 (old) (Taurus 2x S2 new)
Maneuvering Thrusters: 8x TR2 (new) 8x TR3 (old)

Ship Name: 600i Series
Null-Cargo Mass: 188,700.00kg
Estimated Operational Mass: 238,750.00kg
Max Power-Plant: 1x S3
Max Engine: 4x TR2
Max Shield: 2x S2
Maneuvering Thrusters: 12x TR2/2x TR2

As you can see, things are starting to look a bit more similar and we no longer have the huge weight difference issues.

BluePilote

Space Marshal
Jun 25, 2017
RSI Handle
BluePilote
here is DrafoFire's attempt at updating the ship matrix so people can compare ships in the new vs old styles

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/temp-matrix-fix-till-cig-update-it

From their post, here is the 600i vs the connie

Ship Name: Constellation Series
Null-Cargo Mass: 185,219.00kg (new) 80,530.00kg (old)
Estimated Operational Mass: 213,523.75kg
Max Power-Plant: 2x S2 (new) 1x S6 (old) (Phoenix 2x S2/1x S1 new)
Max Engine: 4x S2 (new) 4x TR5 (old)
Max Shield: 1x S3 (new) 1x S6 (old) (Taurus 2x S2 new)
Maneuvering Thrusters: 8x TR2 (new) 8x TR3 (old)

Ship Name: 600i Series
Null-Cargo Mass: 188,700.00kg
Estimated Operational Mass: 238,750.00kg
Max Power-Plant: 1x S3
Max Engine: 4x TR2
Max Shield: 2x S2
Maneuvering Thrusters: 12x TR2/2x TR2

As you can see, things are starting to look a bit more similar and we no longer have the huge weight difference issues.
Did they say what will be their max

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
If this ship sports the speed and agility of a fighter, then it is finally filling the place of the light transport we see in the Millenium Falcon--the one people want desperately. If it rotates like a fighter and can mount 6 S4 ballistic cannon, it will provide the most powerful pilot seat in the game. Add 4 Joker distortion cannons and you now have a scary hard target that can defend against missiles and torpedoes, and tear down shields quickly. Given good speed and lots of auxiliary slots to fill with good scan, electronic warfare, and perhaps even things like mine layers, this could be the perfect ship for a small bounty-hunting team, and quite a nasty opponent in combat. 4 S3 missiles launched at once is tough compared to any smallish ship. Even the Cutty, Redeemer, and Sentinel cannot do this--it's about equal to a Gladiator. Don't discount it while we know virtually nothing about its combat abilities, and certainly do not compare it to the Connie and Carrack. It's nothing like them. If it flies like a fighter, I would pay full price for this bird and be glad to have it.

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
If this ship sports the speed and agility of a fighter, then it is finally filling the place of the light transport we see in the Millenium Falcon--the one people want desperately. If it rotates like a fighter and can mount 6 S4 ballistic cannon, it will provide the most powerful pilot seat in the game. Add 4 Joker distortion cannons and you now have a scary hard target that can defend against missiles and torpedoes, and tear down shields quickly. Given good speed and lots of auxiliary slots to fill with good scan, electronic warfare, and perhaps even things like mine layers, this could be the perfect ship for a small bounty-hunting team, and quite a nasty opponent in combat. 4 S3 missiles launched at once is tough compared to any smallish ship. Even the Cutty, Redeemer, and Sentinel cannot do this--it's about equal to a Gladiator. Don't discount it while we know virtually nothing about its combat abilities, and certainly do not compare it to the Connie and Carrack. It's nothing like them. If it flies like a fighter, I would pay full price for this bird and be glad to have it.
It won't fly like a fighter. It's way too heavy to do so. At best, it might fly like a freelancer.

Forgot your password?