600i Q&A

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
For 400$, all ships with such price tag MUST come with money making abilities of some sort.
It's the perfect Bounty Hunting ship for a smallish crew of about 5. Looks like there will be room aboard for all manner of tricks and this is the boat to get tricked out with some real surprises. Mines? Decoys? EM warfare suite? Several S2 sensors? Holding cells. Nice accommodations for those living aboard for extended periods of time. Good range and fast. No reason to believe it will only be fast in a straight line. What it does not have in simple stats like cargo space, it makes up for in ways "luxury" cannot amply describe. It has to have at least some of these things or there will be no reason to buy it, and CIG wants to sell ships.

I say wait and see. I think it is worth stea. . .em. . .taking lawful possession of. And just think of flying something with fighter like performance that fires 6X S4 ballistic cannon for about 7000 pts DPS for the pilot alone. I am not aware of anything else that can do this. I would replace the dorsal turret with long range radar and put ground assault close air support weapon like a pair of Scorpion GT in the ventral. Nasty S3 missiles, up to 4 types. Maybe add an auxiliary Tevarin directional shield? This thing is a luxury gunboat.

Grimm_Reaper

Space Marshal
May 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Grimm_Reaper
It's the perfect Bounty Hunting ship for a smallish crew of about 5. Looks like there will be room aboard for all manner of tricks and this is the boat to get tricked out with some real surprises. Mines? Decoys? EM warfare suite? Several S2 sensors? Holding cells. Nice accommodations for those living aboard for extended periods of time. Good range and fast. No reason to believe it will only be fast in a straight line. What it does not have in simple stats like cargo space, it makes up for in ways "luxury" cannot amply describe. It has to have at least some of these things or there will be no reason to buy it, and CIG wants to sell ships.

I say wait and see. I think it is worth stea. . .em. . .taking lawful possession of. And just think of flying something with fighter like performance that fires 6X S4 ballistic cannon for about 7000 pts DPS for the pilot alone. I am not aware of anything else that can do this. I would replace the dorsal turret with long range radar and put ground assault close air support weapon like a pair of Scorpion GT in the ventral. Nasty S3 missiles, up to 4 types. Maybe add an auxiliary Tevarin directional shield? This thing is a luxury gunboat.
Seems like a stretch to think of it as a swiss army knife when is reality they wont revisit this or its modularity function until the game is well into being live like in 5 - 10 years.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I don't think of it as a stretch at all. It is twice the size, twice the mass, and twice the price of the Connie, yet carries less cargo and has smaller turrets. Seems obvious to ask what you get instead of what comes with a Connie.

I dunno what makes you think 5-10 years but that's not even close. They won't start this for another year, but it will be done in two--probably by Beta time. I would not wait for it, but it's nothing like 5-10 years. I'm not happy the Prowler won't be ready until Beta, but that would not stop me buying one nor playing the game with a Hoplite. Anyone who wants a 600 can buy a Connie or a Carrack in the meantime. By the time it is available, you can buy the 600 with in game cash.

Grimm_Reaper

Space Marshal
May 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Grimm_Reaper
I don't think of it as a stretch at all. It is twice the size, twice the mass, and twice the price of the Connie, yet carries less cargo and has smaller turrets. Seems obvious to ask what you get instead of what comes with a Connie.

I dunno what makes you think 5-10 years but that's not even close. They won't start this for another year, but it will be done in two--probably by Beta time. I would not wait for it, but it's nothing like 5-10 years. I'm not happy the Prowler won't be ready until Beta, but that would not stop me buying one nor playing the game with a Hoplite. Anyone who wants a 600 can buy a Connie or a Carrack in the meantime. By the time it is available, you can buy the 600 with in game cash.
Goals, push expectations so far back that should they finish before 5 - 10 years you are impressed and if not you can say you expected as much and are not dissapointed.

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus

Notice the 300i behind the 600i...
Why would you ride in a mercedes taxi over a crown vic? because it is more luxurious, if you wanted to use your 600i for taxi or pizza deliveries in the verse, CIG isnt gonna stop you. The purpose of the price tag attached to the ship though is due primarily to the quality of ship itself, not its overall function.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Why would you ride in a Mercedes taxi over a crown vic?
Because in the UK most Mercedes Taxis are 20 year old minicabs. Minicab = Cheap. A Merc could probbably run for 200k miles before falling apart (unless it was one of the ones that rusted after 15 minutes).

If Origin just had components that never broke down that would be a way better position to be in than any other ship when in deep space. That might just be worth not having hardly any cargo - what good is having 200scu of toilet paper if you don't have any engines to move it?

Kenlee

Space Marshal
Apr 30, 2017
RSI Handle
Kenlee
Have I made a mistake turning my BMM into a 600i? Oh dear. Haha.
I did the same thing. :smile: It's hard not feeling like we got less for more.

Even though the Q & A was a bit confusing I am still going to keep mine for now though. I know it's hard to justify keeping The 600i explorer over something like a Carrack or BMM which are both cheaper, have greater mass and more functions. But with that comes crew requirements and more expenses too, plus the BMM locks you in to one role only. I just think that the 600i is a better size ship for me at PU Launch due to it's size and versatility (not to mention the stunning view from the cockpit)I just don't see myself as full time trader.

Basically we have paid 150 extra to get a pimped Aquila. Who would be dumb enough to pay that much extra for a better view? The answer is: Me.

I don't want the Aquila, I want this one! (insert demanding child voice). I totally get why most think it's a bad buy. It kinda is, if you look at functionality only, but if you have the money and love the design, why not?

We can always melt it for something else October 1st when we get fresh buyback tokens :slight_smile:

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Because in the UK most Mercedes Taxis are 20 year old minicabs. Minicab = Cheap. A Merc could probbably run for 200k miles before falling apart (unless it was one of the ones that rusted after 15 minutes).

If Origin just had components that never broke down that would be a way better position to be in than any other ship when in deep space. That might just be worth not having hardly any cargo - what good is having 200scu of toilet paper if you don't have any engines to move it?
we shall see what CIG does with the components of this luxury ship...

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I did the same thing. :smile: It's hard not feeling like we got less for more.

Even though the Q & A was a bit confusing I am still going to keep mine for now though. I know it's hard to justify keeping The 600i explorer over something like a Carrack or BMM which are both cheaper, have greater mass and more functions. But with that comes crew requirements and more expenses too, plus the BMM locks you in to one role only. I just think that the 600i is a better size ship for me at PU Launch due to it's size and versatility (not to mention the stunning view from the cockpit)I just don't see myself as full time trader.

Basically we have paid 150 extra to get a pimped Aquila. Who would be dumb enough to pay that much extra for a better view? The answer is: Me.

I don't want the Aquila, I want this one! (insert demanding child voice). I totally get why most think it's a bad buy. It kinda is, if you look at functionality only, but if you have the money and love the design, why not?

We can always melt it for something else October 1st when we get fresh buyback tokens :slight_smile:
Oh I'm certainly keeping mine. She's a beauty of a ship. I'm just thinking that I'll add a Carrack to the fleet. For that deep space utility.

Grimm_Reaper

Space Marshal
May 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Grimm_Reaper
Well, to be fair, its not a "money-making" ship... its a luxury ship.
There is no precedent for this. All Luxury Tourers built to date have had a capacity to be able to carry VIP's whether its 1 as the phoenix or a group as in 890J or for commercial purposes as the Genesis Starliner and 1st class or the specially customized Imperator One variant.

Never has there been a ship which was built with no specific intention or goal in mind. To show the following

The 300i is a personal Touring ship that was considered decently armed and capable. No confusion there. The phoenix stated plainly is for a single star captain and yet it was given the VIP carrying ability. CIG should have been more forth comming with their intent on the 600i as omission of this fact that they knew people would buy it for is as good as them outright lying. No one would have faulted them for this had they been more forth comming from the start. The description even goes far as saying space for family or you and your guests.

Forgot your password?