600i Q&A

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
There is no precedent for this. All Luxury Tourers built to date have had a capacity to be able to carry VIP's whether its 1 as the phoenix or a group as in 890J or for commercial purposes as the Genesis Starliner and 1st class or the specially customized Imperator One variant.

Never has there been a ship which was built with no specific intention or goal in mind. To show the following

The 300i is a personal Touring ship that was considered decently armed and capable. No confusion there. The phoenix stated plainly is for a single star captain and yet it was given the VIP carrying ability. CIG should have been more forth comming with their intent on the 600i as omission of this fact that they knew people would buy it for is as good as them outright lying. No one would have faulted them for this had they been more forth comming from the start. The description even goes far as saying space for family or you and your guests.
Thats because there IS space for your family and guests... but its not for making money, its for touring the stars. It is categorized as a PERSONAL transport, not a PERSONNEL transport. There's a huge difference.

BluePilote

Space Marshal
Jun 25, 2017
RSI Handle
BluePilote
Thats because there IS space for your family and guests... but its not for making money, its for touring the stars. It is categorized as a PERSONAL transport, not a PERSONNEL transport. There's a huge difference.
It may be whorehouseship for testies party

GrumpyCat

Space Marshal
Dec 17, 2014
RSI Handle
SofiyaPavlovena
I for one would not have purchased the touring version on top of the exploration version if I knew it would not be able to take VIP's.

I feel like CIG KNEW this was going to be an issue , but didn't mention it anyway before/during the sale because it would've killed the numbers.

I keep my 890j not just because its pretty, but because it has a FUNCTION. It is a VIP transport ship. The touring ship literally has 0 function.

Lets state that again.. I spent almost an extra $400 because they did not communicate this "luxury" ship does not carry VIP's, even though every other luxury ship to date has (890j, Starliner, Phoenix)

Edit

As I'm sure people will say, "Should've waited for the Q&A", I want to preempt that by saying, "Yep, you got me, I fucked up".

felyxsnow

Commander
Donor
Dec 17, 2016
RSI Handle
felyxsnow
This ship just got announced. It'll change a whole lot more before we even get to fly it. I think we all have ideas of what it was "supposed to be" and tend to get caught up on specifics that are so amorphic and unreliable (stats, etc.).

The game is pretty open that you can do really whatever you want, in just about any ship. Although this may not be a dedicated transport, I don't think anything is stopping us from using the Touring Module as a Limo-type "Uber" service (as this is essentially a smaller-less dynamic 890J).

As for me, I nabbed one to replace my Aquila. If I need something a little smaller, I got the DUR and a Carrack for bigger endeavors with friends. :rocket:

Gabgrave

Grand Admiral
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Gabgrave
From what I can tell on Spectrum, the mods have been taking note of all the angst that have been posted on the 600i, so probably further down the line we might see an updated Q&A part 2 for the 600i, or even a redesign to address all the comments. At the moment, all we have confirmed is that it is not meant as a commercial vessel, which in my opinion just means that it's not meant to take many passengers at one go. It's a luxury yacht, which means it ought to be able to handle a couple to a handful of people onboard in extreme comfort, so if you can find high paying small groups or VIPs or just some rich man looking to impress the wife or mistress, those would be your likely customers. Profit is where you find it, after all.

Reactions: Blind Owl

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
...It's a luxury yacht, which means it ought to be able to handle a couple to a handful of people onboard in extreme comfort, so if you can find high paying small groups or VIPs or just some rich man looking to impress the wife or mistress, those would be your likely customers. Profit is where you find it, after all.
anyone who thinks people will piss away the spacebux it takes them real time to earn on virtual luxury sevices is delulu

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
NPC's will pony up the dough. If not the owner of Consilidated Outland (He can design and ride in his own custom ship) then the owner of a small chain of restaurants on Earth expanding their operation to Terra.

I can see the comfort travel business between Earth and Terra being frequently requested by NPC's if no one else.

Last edited:

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
This ship just got announced. It'll change a whole lot more before we even get to fly it. I think we all have ideas of what it was "supposed to be" and tend to get caught up on specifics that are so amorphic and unreliable (stats, etc.).

The game is pretty open that you can do really whatever you want, in just about any ship. Although this may not be a dedicated transport, I don't think anything is stopping us from using the Touring Module as a Limo-type "Uber" service (as this is essentially a smaller-less dynamic 890J).

As for me, I nabbed one to replace my Aquila. If I need something a little smaller, I got the DUR and a Carrack for bigger endeavors with friends. :rocket:
It will get changed due to the vast negativity that has been stated about its current project direction. if no one stated their dislikes they would have slapped it together and said go. Im glad everyone spoke up it may have saved this potentially wonderful ship.

Gabgrave

Grand Admiral
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Gabgrave
And our upcoming Kingship. Not to mention that secret UEE supership that's being built for TEST.
Indeed, and here we see our glorious leader inspecting the construction of the TEST super ultra aurora carrier, with space for over 100,000 auroras and 500 aurora launchers.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Indeed, and here we see our glorious leader inspecting the construction of the TEST super ultra aurora carrier, with space for over 100,000 auroras and 500 aurora launchers.
I cannot wait to be inside this ship.
Innuendo fully intended.

Edit: do we know what it's called?

Forgot your password?